Default cfg

P

phillies

I need a default cfg for q3/ra3 .... Does anyone know where I can finde one ?

By default I mean one that turns all the settings back the way they are when game is freshly installed :)

E

Excess1on

delete

just delete/remove your existing q3config.cfg and start q3 up

P

phillies

Ye I knew about that but problem is that I work at a cybercafe for kids age <14 and when I play with them I want to use my own cfg wich i have ghosted onto all the computers... When I play I do not have administrator rights so i cannot delete or modify anything exept when I load cfg's... Could I just copy the q3config that is there when I install and rename it to default ? ... that would do the trick right ?

W

Wazzerphuk

Simply leave the default configs alone, and copy your config into the same dir. Don't have your config as q3config.cfg - set it to yourname.cfg or something. Then in q3 just type /exec yourname.cfg and you'll have your cfg to play with, and the default will stay the same. (As long as you don't use 'seta' in your config.)

C

Chameleon

Aye, just use 'set' rather than 'seta' in your myname.cfg and the default one remains the same, as waz said. i.e. ...

set com_maxfps 100

rather than

seta com_maxfps 100

For future reference though, the main quake3 .pak file contains the default config. You can open the pak files with winzip and extract the file you need :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom