deep breath

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
hahahaha

dogkl8.png

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
That is nasty. I hope they puke their guts out when they realize what happened. Damn theifs.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
TIP: Allways keep a bag of cyanide in a plastic bag next to your table :) They go death death.

Case

Fledgling Freddie
I wonder where would the law stand if you had a bag of poison labelled as sweeties someone broke into your house then ate them and died. Would you be liable?

NikonL

Fledgling Freddie
Case said:
I wonder where would the law stand if you had a bag of poison labelled as sweeties someone broke into your house then ate them and died. Would you be liable?

yes you would.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
depends is the poison illegal? is it rat poison?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Tbh I don't think you would be accused of anything as it's YOUR poison and it's YOUR home and they have absolutely nothing to do there what so ever..

But if the poison is illegal then I guess it's another case? :p

NikonL

Fledgling Freddie
CorNokZ said:
Tbh I don't think you would be accused of anything as it's YOUR poison and it's YOUR home and they have absolutely nothing to do there what so ever..

But if the poison is illegal then I guess it's another case? :p

You couldnt possibly know that your house would be broken into. What if you had friends round, or a kid got at them? You'd damn sure be liable then. Just because its your house doesnt mean you can do anything you like with it, by your reasoning you could rig up a shotgun to the mailbox to blast the postman away when he opens it for a laugh.

The fact that you deliberately set up this poison to decieve means that it was pre-meditated, and goes down as murder rather than manslaughter, even if the guy was breakign into your home.

Thats how i understand it anyway, i dont really know much bout the law so maybe someone who does can clear it up.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
NikonL said:
You couldnt possibly know that your house would be broken into. What if you had friends round, or a kid got at them? You'd damn sure be liable then. Just because its your house doesnt mean you can do anything you like with it, by your reasoning you could rig up a shotgun to the mailbox to blast the postman away when he opens it for a laugh.

The fact that you deliberately set up this poison to decieve means that it was pre-meditated, and goes down as murder rather than manslaughter, even if the guy was breakign into your home.

Thats how i understand it anyway, i dont really know much bout the law so maybe someone who does can clear it up.

Actually you CAN do whatever the hell you like(legal) inside your own home. It's yours. So if you happen to have poison(legal) on your table, it's your right.

It just "was left there" as you went out for a while.

It's not pre-meditated against a burglar unless you know you were gonna get burglarized :D

NikonL

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
Actually you CAN do whatever the hell you like(legal) inside your own home. It's yours. So if you happen to have poison(legal) on your table, it's your right.

It's not pre-meditated against a burglar unless you know you were gonna get burglarized :D

A burgler breaking in, going into one of your cupboards and guzzling from a bag marked "poison" wouldnt make it pre-meditated no...

But if you put the poison in a bag marked "Sweets" as someone suggested, and left it on the table with the intent of tricking someone into eating it and killing them (whether or not you only wanted to kill a burglar breaking in would be irrelevant? i think) Would mean that you'd clearly thought about it. As far as im aware the fact that the burglar shouldnt have been there doesnt come into it.

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
NikonL said:
A burgler breaking in, going into one of your cupboards and guzzling from a bag marked "poison" wouldnt make it pre-meditated no...

But if you put the poison in a bag marked "Sweets" as someone suggested, and left it on the table with the intent of tricking someone into eating it and killing them (whether or not you only wanted to kill a burglar breaking in would be irrelevant? i think) Would mean that you'd clearly thought about it. As far as im aware the fact that the burglar shouldnt have been there doesnt come into it.

Proving that intent would be impossable however, simply because they would have to prove you were aware you were going to be burgled by a sweet toothed burgler that couldnt resist your "sweets" or that you intentionally left it out every time you left home in the hope someone would break in and eat them.

Anyway its a ridiculous hyperthetical situation :p

NikonL

Fledgling Freddie
Yeke said:
Proving that intent would be impossable however, simply because they would have to prove you were aware you were going to be burgled by a sweet toothed burgler that couldnt resist your "sweets" or that you intentionally left it out every time you left home in the hope someone would break in and eat them.

Anyway its a ridiculous hyperthetical situation :p

Proving the intent wouldnt be difficult? The defence would have to come up with a reason why they left a bag of poison lablled "Sweets" on the table... that could be quite a challenge :p

And ridiculous or not, im sure someone on here is considering trying this now as a cheap alternative to a buglar alarm.

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
NikonL said:
Proving the intent wouldnt be difficult? The defence would have to come up with a reason why they left a bag of poison lablled "Sweets" on the table... that could be quite a challenge :p

And ridiculous or not, im sure someone on here is considering trying this now as a cheap alternative to a buglar alarm.

Not sure where your from so obviously can't comment but here in the UK the earnest of proof is laid squarely at the door of the CPS without solid evidence that you had clear intent to kill someone by leaving a bag of poisen on your table marked "sweets" they wouldnt touch the case with a bargepole.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
load of shit tbh. if i want to leave a bag of cyanide on my table labeld sherbet i should be allowed to.

if someone breaks in and eats it then just wtf were they doing there in the first place?

Tilda

tris, seal, read R v Brown.
You can't do absolutly anything you like in your own home, even if its legal.

tris-

Tilda said:
tris, seal, read R v Brown.
You can't do absolutly anything you like in your own home, even if its legal.

aye i wasnt saying you could, im saying why shouldnt you be able to?

if someone wants to break into my house they should face any consequence i happen to provide.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:

if you put traps up in your home to hurt a burgler thats against the law :( it is in denmark not sure about uk

Why o why would anybody start takeing something they think is coke! bet you could have sold them flower in a bag that said cocain :D

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
been having this discussion on another forum this is what i said

ME:i had no intention of tricking someone. I live alone in a house with no guests i happen to leave rat poison on my table named sweets. I am in my own house like i say with never any guests. Surely i am allowed to label something i want without fear.
Not my fault someone has broken in and eaten it

MATE: manslauter. you didn't mean to kill them but you could have easily foreseen that someone might eat them, even if they are in your house uninvited. if you could prove that you'd labelled it like that by mistake and didn't realise it was poison you'd be more likely to get away with it.

ME: why could you forsee it? i cant imagine or dont want to imagine someone breaking into my house. And like i said in this instance i have no guests ever.
I just happen to have a phobia about the word poison so didnt want to label it that

MATE: of cause you can imagine it happening. else we wouldn't be having this conversation. playing dumb isn't going to get you out of trouble

ME: all we're talking about is IF it happened. I dont see how not having hindsight is a basis for being a murderer

MATE: but that's what manslauter is, isn't it? killing someone not on purpose through negligence that you could have avoided. blates labelling a jar like that could have been avoided and you deffo could have predicted someone might eat it. maybe not necessarily a burgular, but anyone who comes into your house.

ME: no guests remember this person is a complete loner, one of those weird kinds that have no friends

my point i am trying to put across is, why should i be in court as a murderer/manslaughter if i am a loner with no friends and to make myself happy i label bad things nice stuff and someone breaks into my house and is foolish kills themself

NikonL

Fledgling Freddie
Sparx said:
my point i am trying to put across is, why should i be in court as a murderer/manslaughter if i am a loner with no friends and to make myself happy i label bad things nice stuff and someone breaks into my house and is foolish kills themself

alternatively, why does the gasman who came around to check your meter and figured he could help himself to one sweet deserve to die because of your wierd habit? :)

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i have gas men/telewest guys/ etc etc round atm every 2 weeks not one have taken or even looked at sweets sitting on my desk

NikonL

Fledgling Freddie
Sparx said:
i have gas men/telewest guys/ etc etc round atm every 2 weeks not one have taken or even looked at sweets sitting on my desk

lucky them :/ if you had your way there wouldnt be a home service still running by the sounds of it...

tris-

why the fuck should he be takin a sweet thats the whole point.

why should someone be breaking into my house? they shouldnt be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom