Decreasing the amount of out right resists

Crookshanks

Fledgling Freddie
I would like to know if there is anyway to decrease the amount of out-right resists a caster gets, primarily for the Ice Wizard and Necromancer.

Now I know that the number of attackers on a mob reduces this resists rate, however an ice wizard pbaoe spell is by its AE nature best used against multiple opponents simultaneously. If you are only in say a FG, attacking say some medium-high level mob in say DF (for example the Knights), then you will only have so many tanks to go around, probably one per mob at best.

For a necromancer, the resist rate seems completely out of proportion with the mob level. I seem to experience around 75% resists against a red, and can usually count the number of non-resisted spells against a purple on one hand through the whole fight. I suspect that this is partly due to the pet being level 44, and the outright resist rate is being done of this level rather than the necro's caster level (which is probably fair enough given the rate at which necros can farm).

However - I was wondering if there was any items or RAs that can reduce this effect? I see Mastery of Focus can bring a spells effective level up to 50 (the top deathsight spells on a necro are 44 and 47 for power drain / lifetap respectively), but what I don't get here is surely the level of the spell doesn't matter a great deal? If it did, how does anyone land say a level 30 AE root (the body sorc AE root) against a level 50 opponent (which clearly do land)? A level 50 character will be very purple to a level 30 sorcerer after all.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
MOF will have an effect, although often a small one unless higher levels are used on low level spells. For example on my shears (35-40 level) I can notice the difference even with MOF1.
For Pve there are items in catacombs that have a to hit bonus i beleive. For tanks it increases accuracy and for casters I would beleive it reduces the resist rate (not 100% sure tho).

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I think it works something like this :

For resists, it compares the level of the spell with the level of the target. If the same level as the target, it's a base 85% chance to land the spell. If lower than the target, the chance to land the spell goes down, if higher, it goes up.

Mastery of focus raises the level of the spell, though it won't go over 50 (or maybe it's not over character level).

I believe that the bonus on your staff will also affect it, as will the resists of the opponent (higher resists = less chance to land it)

Darzil

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
I think it works something like this :

For resists, it compares the level of the spell with the level of the target. If the same level as the target, it's a base 85% chance to land the spell. If lower than the target, the chance to land the spell goes down, if higher, it goes up.

Mastery of focus raises the level of the spell, though it won't go over 50 (or maybe it's not over character level).

I believe that the bonus on your staff will also affect it, as will the resists of the opponent (higher resists = less chance to land it)

Darzil

you can have 100% in all resists but that doesnt change the amount of spells you reisist, only the dmg they do. MoF raises the lvl of the spell to the characters lvl max iirc, so i think you are right there.

the chance to resist spells are based on character that casts the spell, the lvl of the spell and the character/mob getting attacked by the spell but gtaoes are different and cant be resisted i think.

also the bonus on your staff only effects melee hit/miss chances

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom