Decorating

W

Wij

...is crap.

No, scrub that. The actual work is quite fun. I like painting and scraping wallpaper a bit. The shit bit is when you find problems.

I made the mistake of trying to decorate my bedroom and my bathroom at the same time. Both times when I've scraped the wallpaper the plaster has all fallen off. Had three walls completely replastered in the bathroom and the one behind my bed has just collapsed :(

Bah !

L

lagz

do u live in a mud hut in a large ghetto by chance?

L

lagz

LOL!

after saying you live in a ghetto I just noticed you live in the same town as my grandparents :). Damn how it has backfired.

What part of halifax do u live in? My grandparents live by that large grass area by that girls school :)

L

lagz

lol wtf?? My gran lives in Savile Park Street - is that the same place :)??

W

Wij

Savile Park is an area. I live on Clover Hill Terrace near the old infirmary just off the park.

Oh, and never have a girlfriend when you are decorating. They are slave drivers :/

L

lagz

experience suggests that they stand around moaning that things "arent quite straight" yet if you let them do it they give up after a few minutes as they are totally useless at all things DIY. :)

W

Wij

They get you to do the decorating and then complain that it's all 'horrible' while it's being done and then complain that you aren't spending 24 hours a day doing it when you work all day and then complain if you actually stay up untill all hours working that they don't get to see you and that you're keeping them awake.

Bless 'em.

L

lagz

:)

the solution is to decorate a room sooo badly that they will never ask you to decorate ever again. After all it isnt your fault if you get wallpaper the wrong way round :p *honest*

D

Damini

I do all the decorating. Kenny then proceeds to tell me how he could have done it in at least half the time I took, it doesn't look much different, he supposes its ok but it's not really his kind of thing, then he goes back to his FPS.

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by Damini
I do all the decorating. Kenny then proceeds to tell me how he could have done it in at least half the time I took, it doesn't look much different, he supposes its ok but it's not really his kind of thing, then he goes back to his FPS.

Hi :p

*Krypt quickle hides away*

W

Wij

Originally posted by Damini

Sounds like me in reverse. I just get an earbashing about how I took too long and why didn't such and such get done at the same time.

I understand your pain. Please live with me !!!1

(Sorry Kenneh but you and our lass could have a great time together telling each other off.)

T

Testin da Cable

I don't do anything for ages and ages. then I get someone else to do it for me in a weekend :)
then they bill me :(

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by Testin da Cable
I don't do anything for ages and ages. then I get someone else to do it for me in a weekend :)

Move house, then you got the decorating for free.. you don't need to pay them if they have the old address ;)

W

Wij

Originally posted by Testin da Cable

You obviously don't have crumbling walls.

T

Testin da Cable

my walls are so hard I have to use an uber drill just to be able to hang up lamps and things. it's like living in a bunker.

T

Testin da Cable

say what you will...but it's a bit shitty getting out a powerdrill every time you want to move a picture heh.

W

Wij

It's far shittier when you get the wallpaper scraper out and the wall falls down :(

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by Wij
It's far shittier when you get the wallpaper scraper out and the wall falls down :(

I had that happen once. It was a turn for the best tbh :)

D

doh_boy

Wij have you thought about dampness:)mad: )
its just that most of the times when I've seen plaster crumble its because of dampness. Ask somebody, in the know, about a damp course.

L

leggy

You have teh rising damp and your house will crush you while you sleep.

T

Testin da Cable

with Wij about the walls are bound to be dampish tbh :)

W

Wij

:eek:

Rising damp doesn't usually get very high up the house. These walls are just oooooold :(

G

granny

I refuse to decorate at any time of the year except spring/summer. Don't know why really. There ya go.

My wife used to nag about decorating a lot too, completely pointlessly tbh since we actually did loads of it. Thing is now that she's not around to nag me I find it much easier to actually do it and much more enjoyable :) If only nagging-types would learn that nagging has exactly the opposite effect to the one they desire?

Users who are viewing this thread