Decent ship to hunt pirates?

X

Xtro

Now I've settled in a bit and found my feet I want to kill pirates and get my sec rating up.

I'm Amarr but have trained Minmatarr Frigate 2 to get a Probe which is my main mining ship atm. Rather than bolt weapons to that and maybe ...die...and lose it I've got enough cash to splash out on another ship to be my pirate killer.

I've got 500K to play with and can currently fly Amarr and Minimatar Frigates.

I've got an eye on the Punisher - any recommendations/comments? I'd be happy to train to fly the other race's ships.

Also some decent weapons, not really sure which to get or what type - laser or projectile. heard the rail guns are ok?

All views welcome :)

E

envenom

my friends atm in my corp use punishers but we are saving up for cruisers now :)

T

Tom

Originally posted by Xtro
Also some decent weapons, not really sure which to get or what type - laser or projectile. heard the rail guns are ok?

An Ion Blaster with Lead hybrid ammo is a pretty good weapon, can do about 15-25 damage per shot on Serpentine Mercenaries, although it isnt much good beyond about 2500 metres.

I would invest in repair systems skill, and small armour repairer, you will save a fortune in repair bills.

X

Xtro

Thanks for the replies guys.

So a punisher it is for now until I can afford to go up to Cruisers.

Tom, cheers for that, I was after some specific weapon info and that helps a lot :)

T

Tom

Laser weapons are pretty good, although they drain your capacitor, which is why I use hybrid. If you get a laser weapon, don't buy anything to focus it, you should be able to loot some nice gear from the pirates you kill.

Afterburners are a very good addition to your ship, they allow you to dodge missiles and escape from situations where you're being pounded by blood pirates etc.

As soon as your armour gets to around 50ish, warp away, or you will spend more on repairs to your structure than you will gain from looting.

O

Old Nicodemus

I managed to get a Punisher in Beta, stuck Hybrid weapons and a missle launcher on it and let rip. Could take 3 or 4 pirates at a go. However.. it looks like they have changed the punisher a bit, lowered the specs it had from beta. It's still a good ship though. If you use Hybrid weapons best to have different charges in each one. That way you can do different damage types to ships.

Playing Gallente atm and I am yearing for my Punisher.... oh well.. only a day off getting a cruiser now. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom