Help Decent clubs in London ?

opticle

Part of the furniture
:coffee:

Any idea if a place called Strawberry Moons much good (in terms of mainstreamness) ? A friend recommended that to me, but I know nada.

How difficult is Tiger Tiger to get into ? (Sorry Wazz :LOL: )

Appreciate all the input !

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Not many clubs around west central will let a group boys in once thy have queues, if they do then its going to be empty inside. I'd avoid strwbery moons and anything else so close to liecester square, thy are tourist traps. Also check their website to see what they are actually playing that night.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Also, if you have issues with tiger, try On Anon down the road, free before 10 (or it was last year).

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Lol, disliking a place some people enjoy is now the same as pretension, you need to relax.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Lol, disliking a place some people enjoy is now the same as pretension, you need to relax.
This is how mainstreams are created, those who do not like the norm are shunned, therefore the mainstream has no competitors.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!

No it was your "a cunt place for cunts".

You also don't live in London unless I'm mistaken, so what experience are you basing this on?

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
No it was your "a cunt place for cunts".

You also don't live in London unless I'm mistaken, so what experience are you basing this on?
Funny that, considering you called me pretentious before I called its regulars cunts. And I'm basing it on the one we have on Newcastle and the one time I've been there, which was more than enough. Too many Geordie Shore types there.

Regardless, my first comment was a joke, so I'll suggest this again: relax.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Why am I not relaxed if I'm calling you pretentious?

opticle

Part of the furniture
Bah, hate it when you have to turn up places at a certain time else your night is shafted :mad: We usually pre-lash / games / music at a friend's flat before heading out, I guess we'll just start early :)

My friends who live in Central should know good places, however, they've only taken me to a gash place called Infernos and another called Cafe de Paris (was Ok, but def pretentious and not as good as it thinks it is).. would be good to find a decent night out :)

opticle

Part of the furniture
Also, with guest list at these places, going to sort it tomorrow, that Ok ? I am literally clueless. I miss the days of just being able to rock up.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Don't guestlist all guys, and make sure to check ze dresscode. Infernos in clapham? Lulz! Proper sticky carpet nightclub that.

opticle

Part of the furniture
Hehe aye, been once before, pretty special, but at least you can get in.

Anywhere to recommend in Clapham ?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Dresscodes? Guestlists? for f*cks sake what happened to just "going out" :D

opticle

Part of the furniture
Dresscodes? Guestlists? for f*cks sake what happened to just "going out" :D

Damn straight. It seems like you can't get in most places these days if you don't shine your shoes and email some bint to have your name on a list they never really check.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I see you are also familiar with it wazz ;) you'll have more fun for around the same price in on anon or tigers than anywhere in clapham IMO.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Revolutions in Clapham Junction isn't too bad if you're in that area. It's better than the one on Clapham highstreet, which is full of cunts.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The Junction one is nice, but the dancefloor is TINY. The Rev in common can be great, it really depends on the crowd. I've had a mix of nights there. The rest of Clapham Common is mainly bars, apart from Aqum, which is way overpriced. Junction has some really, really nice bars, but again they are pricey as hell.

opti, if you want to be able to dress a bit loser, get some good grub in too, then go with my Guanabbarra suggestion. You will need to book for a table though.

For a even more different night, try Bloomsbury Bowling Lanes, it's where I did my birthday, no dress code, pool table, bowling lanes, karaoke booths, live band and multiple dj's. Cheap drinks too.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
These days if somewhere has a dress code is it usually chock full of cunts and not worth going to anyway.

To what extent are these dress codes?

When you see a bunch of chavs in tracksuits and white-mud trainers trying to get into an 'alternative' ie, different types of 'rock' you respect why they ask for decent clothing :p

opticle

Part of the furniture
The Junction one is nice, but the dancefloor is TINY. The Rev in common can be great, it really depends on the crowd. I've had a mix of nights there. The rest of Clapham Common is mainly bars, apart from Aqum, which is way overpriced. Junction has some really, really nice bars, but again they are pricey as hell.

opti, if you want to be able to dress a bit loser, get some good grub in too, then go with my Guanabbarra suggestion. You will need to book for a table though.

For a even more different night, try Bloomsbury Bowling Lanes, it's where I did my birthday, no dress code, pool table, bowling lanes, karaoke booths, live band and multiple dj's. Cheap drinks too.

Ta for all the tips Ch3t. Apparently On Anon has closed :eek: Or at least a friend tells me so - they seem to have stopped updating their calendar on their webby.

I think we're going to go for Tiger Tiger and see what happens. Definitely going to check out Guanabbarra some time and a friend has recommended Bloomsbury to me too - think I might do that with another friend for their birthday in a few weeks \o/

Hehe, entertaining everyone knows Infernos - it's sticky carpet, but everyone's been there :LOL:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom