debuff + nuke after the nerf

Mavl

Fledgling Freddie
Can anyone post a screenie pls? :) Would be nice to see the its' effectiveness after paching with my own eyes, thanks :p

Warlock

Fledgling Freddie
Ask Molo+Stranger imo :)
Stranger hits the cap damage on any target :)

Lethul

FH is my second home
Warlock said:
Ask Molo+Stranger imo :)
Stranger hits the cap damage on any target :)

they only hit for about 480-500 now instead of 520-530 :)

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
assisting spirit cabby I nuke about 470-520 with new lifetap (31+16 body).
before patch it was steady 434.

so 10-20% extra damage for ~15% more power.

I hit non-debuffed targets for about 30% more damage than before though.

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
my cap before patch was 586 (with mom3) and i now usually hit for 520-550; but very often i still hit for cap: something like 586(+200) which should not be possible anymore (about 50% of my nukes are like this);

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Garbannoch said:
my cap before patch was 586 (with mom3) and i now usually hit for 520-550; but very often i still hit for cap: something like 586(+200) which should not be possible anymore (about 50% of my nukes are like this);
shouldn't be possible anymore? they deleted epic-wearing albs on patchday? :eek7:

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Pin said:
shouldn't be possible anymore? they deleted epic-wearing albs on patchday? :eek7:

indeed i think it only happens against targets with low heat resists (usually albs since no friar in group); and yes, it shouldnt be possible anymore...

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Garbannoch said:
indeed i think it only happens against targets with low heat resists (usually albs since no friar in group); and yes, it shouldnt be possible anymore...
The patch didn't make it impossible to debuff into negatives, it merely reduced the effectiveness of the debuffs (removed a few cases of *2).

You'll still see (+x) quite frequently, and with crit debuffs you'll still see (+xxx) quite frequently too.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Well, I nuke for more but for a shorter duration, so I am not entirely unhappy about it -- my old cap was 447 (with MoM2), it's 570 now. The fact that Cabalists have their self debuff at 46 spirit allows us to get 28 in body (our baseline LT specline), so the variance is not too bad. Correct me if I am wrong, but Enchanters and RMs need to spec to at least 49 in their debuff specline, giving them 22 light/darkness. Also, happily enough, I imagine that acuity now plays a greater role now in increasing your nuke damage than it did before (when you capped anyway), so perhaps I have some use from being an Avalonian. ;)

In other words, I imagine low-RR enchanters/cabalists/runemasters are hit much harder than the ones a bit higher in RRs.

Warlock

Fledgling Freddie
Lethul said:
they only hit for about 480-500 now instead of 520-530 :)
Dark RM assisting to RC RM. I heard they nuke for 750+.
Can be wrong tho....

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Warlock said:
Dark RM assisting to RC RM. I heard they nuke for 750+.
Can be wrong tho....
The spec Dark RM nuke is 219.6 delve. That means you will need MoM4 or MoM5 to get a cap of 750+ (cap without MoM is 3x219.6 = 658.8) -- pre-nerf. In 1.65+, it will be much harder harder to cap. (Also note that fire wizards and other main nukers have the same DD cap.)

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Well, I nuke for more but for a shorter duration.

Am getting frustrated at not being able to test stuff cos my Spirit Cabby partner doesn't get home til tonight, but does that mean that a Sprit Cabby Sorc duo would actually get more damage overall since they will usually kill a debuffed target in less than the (old) debuff duration anyway?

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
Belomar said:
The spec Dark RM nuke is 219.6 delve. That means you will need MoM4 or MoM5 to get a cap of 750+ (cap without MoM is 3x219.6 = 658.8) -- pre-nerf. In 1.65+, it will be much harder harder to cap. (Also note that fire wizards and other main nukers have the same DD cap.)
unless ur runie is in the only server u can get 30% relic bonus ;p

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Pin said:

The difference between epic and SC'd for me is:

Epic: stun/debuff/nuke/nuke/dead
SC: stun/debuff/nuke/nuke/nuke/dead

:)

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
With my enchanter on Prydwen I usually base nuked for around 400-570 when I debuffed... haven't tried it after the patch will be do it tonight :)

Only RR2L9 though...

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Javai said:
does that mean that a Sprit Cabby Sorc duo would actually get more damage overall since they will usually kill a debuffed target in less than the (old) debuff duration anyway?
Yes, with tight assisting (you have less leeway with the decreased duration). Body sorcerers nuke for less with their spec nuke (since they will no longer cap every nuke), but mind sorcerers get a definite boost.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
lofff said:
unless ur runie is in the only server u can get 30% relic bonus ;p
Maybe I misunderstand you (I get parsing errors from that sentence), but relic bonus doesn't increase your damage cap, so you will still need MoM4+ to get 750+ dmg on a 220 delve spec nuke. (Easier to cap, of course.)

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
beeing a small stupid luwi, 281 int if I recall it right and with 19 base light +19 giving me 38 light.. which should give me a decent variance... and the variance aint big but its lower post nerf ofc :) which is how it should be...

rarly getting over 500... usaly dealing about 430-480... but sometimes it goes whack and caps all nukes on one target... :p

this exkludes the crits :D

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Yes, with tight assisting (you have less leeway with the decreased duration). Body sorcerers nuke for less with their spec nuke (since they will no longer cap every nuke), but mind sorcerers get a definite boost.

Wonderful, am a mind sorc and since we live together we are pretty good on tight assisting.....Perri come home NOW :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom