Debt.

Laddey

FH is my second home
So finally i've started getting on my feet, payin the £611 i owe to o2 every fortnight £50, good, clearing my record.

THEN TODAY i got a fucking letter from Ashbourne Direct Debit ***** and it said on the letter i owe £965 for GYM MEMBERSHIP!!!!

What happened was they sent me a letter of cancelation, i phoned them because i knew there was enough funds in the account to cover £25.00 - They said oh yes its our fault we havn't sent the mandate off, forget the arrears charge we will send you a new one out to fill in.

Nothing has arrived, then i received this letter today, i havn't been using that gym since it got cancelled. I signed a contract but its their fault for not sending the bank & me a mandate.

Do they have a leg to stand on? They really expect me to pay those charges? Fucking lol. Please, i'll go see my solicitor.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Yeah go see a proffesional. Hopefully someone on hear can help "arm your guns" so to speak.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Did you actually cancel it?

Seems like you complained that there was enough funds, meaning you didn't want it cancelled.

Or missing something here?

Laddey

FH is my second home
I wanted to carry on getting massive. But they never sent the mandate out, their own fault yet again same as in the first place they never sent it to the bank to get the direct debit set up.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
phone the debt collector. don't tell them anything other than you don't understand why you're being billed because you have a letter of cancellation and tell them the date on it. Ask them to verify the fee with their client the gym, and to call you back and explain.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I wanted to carry on getting massive. But they never sent the mandate out, their own fault yet again same as in the first place they never sent it to the bank to get the direct debit set up.

So you thought it was cancelled, when it wasn't, when you wanted it to be not cancelled? :eek7:

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
oh wait, you didn't pay them for the time you actually went to the gym, or did you? the cancellation letter was them striking you from the membership, or you telling them you no longer wished to be a member? I don't get it tbh.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
From what I understand - you signed the contract for a year, they could not collect the funds as they forgot to send the direct debit mandate to your bank. So they charged you for being late on your payment - which you were not. Now you have cancelled the contract? Now does it say in the contract that you are liable to pay the full term if you cancel early - it usually does for gyms. If it does then they will chase you for that cash.

Laddey

FH is my second home
Chetan hit it on the head basically other than i didn't want to cancel. They cancelled it because they thought the funds where not there. Once they sent me that letter i never went back to that gym.

I paid 1 month up front, £25. Went for the month, then the next payment was due out which i thought fine then i received this letter, noticed it didn't go out of my bank the day it was supposed to.

When i phoned them the first time the lady said oh it was our fault, we never sent the mandate off. I said aight no problem, send me the new mandate and i'll take it into my bank.

I went into the bank a week or two after, said is there a DD set up on my account for my gym? They said no, done some searching and eventually my bank didn't receive fuck all from the company, nor did i.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
So you didn't cancel it, they cancelled it due to not paying.

If your contract has a point on this, something like; "cancellation means you pay for a year", it's that.

What you should've done is call the gym when you didn't notice the mandate missing.

Now that 25, which they didn't recieve, has collected more and more interest.

You might have a case, or you might be up a flowing stream of extrement without means of propulsion.

Laddey

FH is my second home
im sure its as simple as this.

They fucked up, i noticed first time, they fucked up a second time so it's simply their fault.

£965 no way on this earth am i losing out on a grand for somebody elses mistake.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Let me ask you this; have you called the gym and asked for an explanation?

If you do nothing about it, it'll get worse.

Laddey

FH is my second home
Yeah i phoned the company. They said you may have to pay £50 a month back instead of £25 to clear up for their mistake. I said no chance i'll go see a solicitor was gonna ask for a manager but i was fuming.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
That's fucking loads of money oO

You could buy a second hand weights machine, running machine and rowing machine for that amount :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah i phoned the company. They said you may have to pay £50 a month back instead of £25 to clear up for their mistake. I said no chance i'll go see a solicitor was gonna ask for a manager but i was fuming.

Could ofcourse talk to them in a calm manner and say that you'll pay the 25£/month they were expecting, but because it was their fault, you demand that you get an equalö amount of free gym months since you thought you couldn't go to the gym.

Laddey

FH is my second home
or how about stick it in their ass i'll go to a different gym due to shitty support & how badly put together they are.

And they can send however many letters they want but they'll be losing money sending them me cos i aint paying nothing

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
or how about stick it in their ass i'll go to a different gym due to shitty support & how badly put together they are.

And they can send however many letters they want but they'll be losing money sending them me cos i aint paying nothing

If they have a legit cause, that means legit in law terms, not what "seems right", they'll take it from you in the end.

By deducting pay etc.

If you do nothing, you'll pay more.

Just handle it in a caml and collect manner.

Afterall, you didn't cancel the contract either, you assumed it was cancelled even when you yourself said you didn't want it cancelled to them.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Ouch Laddey - that sounds fuckin harsh as mate.

Tried the Citizen Advice Bureau? They may be able to help you out before you start paying for a solicitor...

Laddey

FH is my second home
Their fuck up. I'm not paying it back wether they stick a quid extra onto my monthly membership. It wasnt my fault so simply im not paying it back.

Marc

FH is my second home
How the fuck did you end up owing £965 on a £25 per month membership?

Sunbeds?

Laddey

FH is my second home
How the fuck did you end up owing £965 on a £25 per month membership?

Sunbeds?
I honestly don't know :/

Not sunbeds! I pay £15 for 45minutes ;D

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Just be grateful you don't live in Dickensian times. They used to imprison people in debt

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
laddey you need to calm down and see the CAB or go to the gym and talk calmly to the manager. Explain what happened. They cancelled your contract because of their mistake, if you can prove this then they need to get the debt collectors off you. If you jsut fume and ignore it you could end up with a black mark on your credit rating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom