Debt purchasing letter through my door

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
I haven't opened the letter as it's addressed to the lady who use to live here but I saw the words 'Debt purchased' and I'm assuming she hasn't paid something and the company have sold it off to some big meanies.

Should I do anything about it? Open the letter/use the postcode on the back, call them up and explain she doesn't live here anymore? Or just wait, and if they knock, them tell to kindly fuck off as she is no longer here?

Thanks

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Get quite a few of these forwarded to our office from tenants, we always open them and tell the collection agency that new tenants are living at this property. Better than constant mail and bailiffs possibly turning up.

Say you are new tenants, give them the date you move in if you wish, and refer them to the managing agent if they pester for more info.

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
I haven't opened the letter as it's addressed to the lady who use to live here but I saw the words 'Debt purchased' and I'm assuming she hasn't paid something and the company have sold it off to some big meanies.

Should I do anything about it? Open the letter/use the postcode on the back, call them up and explain she doesn't live here anymore? Or just wait, and if they knock, them tell to kindly fuck off as she is no longer here?

Thanks

Write "not known at this address" on the envelope with a thick marker pen and put it in the nearest postbox.

Opening the letter is technically illegal.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah i said it on another thread(where someone actually opened a package and kept the stuff inside :eek6:) that it's illegal to open mail that isn't yours(in some countries highly so) and should just either A: drop it in mailbox as is or B: do what said above, write something and do the same.

milou

Part of the furniture
Write "F**k you! You'll never take me alive" on it, return it and post the results.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I work for a debt collection company. Just open it by mistake ring the company and tell them the person has moved. They will remove your address.

You may even get to speak to me, you lucky bastard.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Doing what Throd said is the best option, though it can take an age if you get someone simple, a bunch of questions etc, they don't really like being told "I have no idea who this person is so please stop sending me bin fillers"
In our last place we got loads because the previous tenants had basically done a midnight, sending them back with not known at this address generally gets ignored.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
What makes me laugh is people just ring up and say "you sent this letter for xxx I dont know him dont send him no more letters"

If I say ok, where do you live they then dont want to tell me for some reason. I say I cant remove your address if I dont know where you live can I? They just dont get it.

There really are some amazingly stupid people out there. It's worse if we ring someone, miss the call and they press redial. You get you just rung me, whats it about - I dont know who are you? - well you should know, you just rung me - mate we just rung 5000 people ....well I'm not telling you who I am - *thinks* just fuck off and die ....

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What's retarded about that Throddy is that your company's telephony setup leaves a number for them to dial back on.

Of course half the people you're dealing with are absolute retards. They wouldn't be in debt otherswise ;)

To be fair tho, I'm tempted to default on my credit card just so I get to talk to you!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Right, so you're saying that only absolute retards get in debt?

You're been in a right "jump all over Scouse" mood for the last few days.

Care to answer the question that's pissed you off so much if you're gonna act like a stalker? :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Not getting into that again, i just asked a question. Feel free to ignore it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just like you ignored the obvious humour, punctuated with a winking smiley, eh?

Rager :p

:)

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i think you two should just bum. All this sexual tension is suffocating

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
We already have. He just doesn't believe it happened ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
We already have. He just doesn't believe it happened ;)

I'm fairly sure that Toht believes in one of those sky fairies that doesn't give a shit about bumming, so he probably does accept it happened :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'm fairly sure that Toht believes in one of those sky fairies that doesn't give a shit about bumming, so he probably does accept it happened :)

Technically you're right, but let's not get into spesifics ;)

I wouldn't let Scouse get anywhere near my funhole though, too much dirt on it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I could shoot the muck away with my jizz-cannon?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
To be fair tho, I'm tempted to default on my credit card just so I get to talk to you!

Heh nowadays you dont have to default on your credit card to talk to me, you have to go the whole hog and get near to a CCJ :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom