Deathcam

U

urban

Hey

Just have a question about that anoying deathcam.

How do i disable it on the server i'm renting from game.net?
Cant find any console commands for it either :(

Thanks,
Urban

U

urban

Originally posted by urban
Hey

Just have a question about that anoying deathcam.

How do i disable it on the server i'm renting from game.net?
Cant find any console commands for it either :(

Thanks,
Urban

ehh... not

Nothing there about deathcam dude, unless i'm totally blind :p

U

urban

Re: Re: Deathcam

Thanks ;)

Can i use that mod on my game.net server?

A

AntiPop

Don't turn deathcam off! It's useful to help players learn and it helps prevent cheats (and cheat accusations which are more of a problem than the cheaters :)).

/my 2 cents

U

urban

Originally posted by AntiPop
Don't turn deathcam off! It's useful to help players learn and it helps prevent cheats (and cheat accusations which are more of a problem than the cheaters :)).

/my 2 cents

Well, you got a good point there..
But when playing tdm/dm its pretty damn annoying to let the dudes you just killed to know your position.

If people cheat, you probably notice that anyways :p

I tried to replace the server config file with a custom file, but that didnt work too good, so it would be nice with a answer to this from some game.net server geeks :)

G

Gemma the Dog

nooooooooooo

don't remove the kill-cam ! It's one of the reasons I was convinced to buy the game !

Seeing who shot you and how and from where serves at least 2 purposes:-

1) if they are using a cheat you should be able to spot it
2) if you've just been sniped and have no idea where the bugger is then you will soon find out....which should mean they won't camp there too long!

I think the 2nd point is just as important as the 1st. Personally I can't stand games where you get people camping a particular spot and hardly ever moving, unless there is a good reason of course :). In the case of BEL I *expect* someone to try and find a good place to hide, but when I'm doing that I'll know if I kill someone and they didn't know I was there...they soon will so I'd better move soon.

The same applies in S&D & Retreival, camping to protect something is not camping...and once you've killed someone they will have to wait till next round to come and find you :)

anyway...thats all just my *personal* oppinion, I have played on some servers with no Kill-cam, and I certainly prefer the ones *with*.

U

urban

I agree on public games, but in clanmatches it REALLY sucks :(

A

AntiPop

Yeah, sorry, I was talking from the pov of S&D pubs (all I play :)). Obviously it's best off for clan matches I think.

G

Gemma the Dog

i agree

off for league games...once they have anti-cheating software running...was playing on a gameservers.net server last night (I think) and spotted someone using a wall hack (was v. obvious from the kill-cam)

He didn't answer to the accusation (too busy killing i guess), but someone else said 'yeah, several people are - his clan are known for it'....good eh?

If we found someone doing that on a game.net server, would we be able to find an 'admin' and get them kick banned? (after they'd seen the cheating for themselves)

M

mike-c

Depends what server it is...

Clanservers are the responsibility of the server owner.

But if it's on one of the official servers then come to #game.cod and report them, there is *usually* someone around. If there's no reply there you could try getting a server admin in #game.net to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom