death spam

Indiana

Fledgling Freddie
is anyone getting all the coloured death spam messages? When albs kill mids/hibs, its red.. so no problem

But when mids or hibs kill albs, its grey... isn't it supposed to be blue or green?

edit: appearantly hib death msg also works, so only midgard dth msg is bugged (in albion at least)

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Yup, and yes it seems to be bugged

There's also no way of changing the colours

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
In albion fletching, the arrow recipy icons have weapon styles as icons too :eek:

Indiana

Fledgling Freddie
it does to me

the grey deathspam is hardly noticed between other text

Cami

Fledgling Freddie
And theres no way to change it ? :(

Those grey dms look like emotes :eek:

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
Cami said:
Those grey dms look like emotes :eek:
Well we all know that only way youre able to get DMs is to make those emotes by yourself standing in mpkE.... ;)

Blood

Fledgling Freddie
i killed an alb in the middle of a group of hibs trying to kill him, i think they were a bit puzzled ;)

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
Well i always thought that the new deathspam would be like -green name- was just killed by -red name-! for example, but apparently to my group last night, it was supposed to be the way it is now, so dunno /shrug.

Bone_Idle

Fledgling Freddie
You can change the colour of it. Right click on the top chat box. The box that gives you the death spam etc.

Bone_Idle

Fledgling Freddie
Actually i got it wrong. You CANT change the colour of the death messages. :(

Only the colour of other stuff. Sowwy.

Beck

Fledgling Freddie
noticed yesterday that when hibs killed ppl it was green and albs killing ppl was red. So its only mids killing ppl that is grey now. Maybe thats the way its supposed to be. Its quite cool actually seeing which realm is getting the spam.. kinda helps to know where they may be too.

fionnel

Fledgling Freddie
It was in some patch notes a while ago, Midgard had blue death spam but because it was the same colour as the one you get when casting spells (i think) it was changed to grey. GOA just gave us the grey version right away, it's not a bug, it's intended.

Indiana

Fledgling Freddie
what kind of crap (pardon my french :)) is this??

so what if it looks like a spell being cast?
i never changed the original colours afaik, so i also get a green msg when a spell expires (dark green) or when loot drops (light green)

and i get red msgs when someone (or me) yells for help, when i get hit or when i die

but blue... oh no, blue has to be unique :s

fact is, that in my case (but i've also talked this over with other ppl) the grey colour just is unnoticable between all the msgs appearing on my screen

OldNick

Fledgling Freddie
- We now, by default, display RvR combat deaths in the color of the realm scoring the kill.

Example:

(green text) Bob was just killed by Hibchar!
(blue text) Bob was just killed by Midchar!
(red text) Bob was just killed by Albion Keep Lord!

however ignoring the blue for mid thing , i have noticed that when bob was killed by a viking archer or a (insert hib PK mage here) the colour of the spam was in the colour of the realm Bob was from. so if Bob was mid it would be grey , if Hib then green. if thats as intended then nerf Alb Keep Lord killing poor alby Bob

Nick

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
My idea of coloured deathspam is whatever type of note I'm buying a round with. It determines the amount of braincells will be going the way of the dodo :)

Gizmo

Fledgling Freddie
OldNick said:
Example:

(green text) Bob was just killed by Hibchar!
(blue text) Bob was just killed by Midchar!
(red text) Bob was just killed by Albion Keep Lord!
Nick

Poor Bob :(

Getting ganked by all 3 realms :)

Ill do you gems today Nick :)

Gizmo

bashir

Fledgling Freddie
Indiana said:
fact is, that in my case (but i've also talked this over with other ppl) the grey colour just is unnoticable between all the msgs appearing on my screen
I wouldnt notice any deathmessages of mids neither between all the red texts spamming my screen :m00:

Nah seriously, give us blue keelmsgs ffs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom