Death of Saracen infiltrators?

Y

yerk

Originally posted by Shike
ofc it is with that attitude :eek:

a good balanced group has a good chanse of winning quite many battles out there. Goes for albs, mids and hibs.

If you roll out a group of rr3 albs, ofc you wont win vs BO etc, you need very good teamplay and preferrably alittle more RR. My guildgroup consist of anything from rr3 to rr8 mostly, we do pretty well except when we are added upon, and you albs can actually do a better tankgroup as it looks today.

We discovered that we lack when it comes to tankgroups, what we do now is that we reroll alittle and PL new needed classes,

Most hibbs have realized that they cant run around in gimpgroups anymore and expect to win anything, have you albs done that? Most albgroups I see are total crap tbh, you run with casters that do crapdamage without any debuffer, reavers and paladins, rethink a little and it will result in better RVR for those albs that do wanna RVR tbh.

It's very difficult to win against instas and uninterrruptible casters - try it any way u like

Yesterday 1 savage took down two ice wizzies and 4 tanks all RR5 or higher well-respected players is that down to not having debuffer?

PLing is one of the things that is destroying the game - make all buffs ranged chants that only work on group members imo

Read the publicity for the game - it was marketed as a cooperative game with lots of ppl being able to do different things according to what they liked - almost all the 'good' RVR groups have identical toons - the famous 3 healer mid groups for example - ppl who spent many hours lvling up cabs for example now find that they have wasted their time - I made the top 20 cab list with 7k rps in a week!!!

A

Arnor

Originally posted by yerk
It's very difficult to win against instas and uninterrruptible casters - try it any way u like

Yesterday 1 savage took down two ice wizzies and 4 tanks all RR5 or higher well-respected players is that down to not having debuffer?

PLing is one of the things that is destroying the game - make all buffs ranged chants that only work on group members imo

Read the publicity for the game - it was marketed as a cooperative game with lots of ppl being able to do different things according to what they liked - almost all the 'good' RVR groups have identical toons - the famous 3 healer mid groups for example - ppl who spent many hours lvling up cabs for example now find that they have wasted their time - I made the top 20 cab list with 7k rps in a week!!!

and the nightshade was marketed as a powerful magic user with stealth, your point?

D

Damon_D

Originally posted by chimaira
Sure Df is a bit overpowered.
doesnt change the fact that all realms shouldnt be the same.

I dont think they will nerf it

1. because mid has BD
2. because mid has shaman
3. because mid has healer
4. because mid has savage
etc etc etc.

so keeping that albion might have on paper the best stealther. its all about how good playing the character you are at the end of the day. and 9 sec stun wont help u much vs 2-3 Sbs if u solo either.

Dragonfang gets nerfed when mids looses their insta on every ingame spell.

Btw why not put AoE Lifetap of Doom in Supp line to. with 10000 range :m00:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

D

Damon_D

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
hehehe mids whine about dragonfang when a fucking savage has a 9s side stun:m00: maybe they didn't even know that themselves xD

I think both are overpowered, due to the ease to get both off.

well the savage got nerfed..did the infil get nerfed..ofcourse not :rolleyes: Had the infil been a mid class , it would have been down too 2x spec points , Df would have been nerfed to after to a follw up on a qucik-cast , vanish put on a 3 week timer , and that would be if we where lucky....

S

Shike

Originally posted by yerk

I know how it is with interrupts :) casters are never uninterruptable however :eek: slam and lul > casters.

mate, 2 icewizzes do no good on their own but gimp a group. If you go casterbased you are gonna need 1)debuffs 2) enough casters so they can kill fast 3) a very good guarder 4) 2 healers.

Believe me, we have done many runs and died, tried different setups and tactics. 2 casters is useless vs tankgroups, they just die in 4s and nothing u can do about it. Thats for hibs, and I reckon it shouldnt really work out for albs either. And if 1 savage kills 2 casters and 4 tanks.. mind me asking how that is possible mate? I have never ever seen one savage take out 6 people in the groups I have been in. Did you line up for him or something? :)

Whine all u want about PL, i have lvld 7 toons to 50 with very little PL on them overall. I love the possibility to PL now since the regular XPin is nothing but tedious for me.

Some classes/speccs are obsolete for RVR, everyone knows this, and we cant do much about it.

O

old.Emma

imho nurf spec AF..

then nurf infils just for the sake of it.

L

leviathane

Originally posted by old.Emma
imho nurf spec AF..

then nurf infils just for the sake of it.
fuck it nerf all classses tbh, would be interesting to see which would still be overpowered.

R

Rambo

Originally posted by -Lotheric-
If all the complaints from Hibernia and Midgard stealthers results in Dragon Fang getting nerfed, would it mean the death of Saracen infils? I mean, Thrust spec line would have nothing good to offer if Dragon Fang gets nerfed. Which mean that going Slash would be the most superior for Infiltrators, since it has much better styles to offer. And in my opinion Briton race is a slightly better choice for Slash specced infils.

If Dragon Fang gets nerfed, and me as a saracen thrust infil decides to respec to slash, how you think I would do compared to a briton? Damage wise.

(Sorry for bad English etc.)

since i made lot of respecs lately can tell you that slash saracen sux.
Slash is Strength based and Thrust Dex and strength.
I tried 2 be slash by respeccing realm as well and having Aug Str3 for better results.

Buffed i had 313 str, and 383 Dex, with Aug Dex3 as well.
So, weaponskill when slash was 1487 and when thrust 1577.
High weaponskill is very important, plus when you fight sb's and you get str/con debuffed as a slasher, you lose to much WS instead of when you are thrust and lose no dex from debuff.

Even as a Briton infil you dont have so much str and still a debuff can gimp you. Also as a slasher you hit better against casters and sb's but you dont hit good against ns's and most of the mid classes (healers,warriors,thanes,skald,shaman). so...
imo go dex + df for teh win !

But anyway i dont think infils and df will get nerfed cause sb's and nses are equal atm. ( dont whine again about it plz )

R

Rambo

Originally posted by the_smurflord
The 3 things people forget about dragonfang:

2) Unless you're buffed to the tits, you can't rely on an evade coming along that often. (Yes, there are still infils out there who play properly, while the rest just give us a bad reputation).

DF is only overpowered in the hands of infils who can't venture outside a portal keep without their mummy buffbot.
Don't start judging a class on how people choose to abuse it, but on how it is supposed to be played.

i dont have anything personal with Visit i am just surprised a bit.

thats the top 20 of infils prydwen, Visit not in list.

1 Rambo IV 8,047,904 210,400 50 Public Enemies Saracen
2 Constanze Clearwater 6,015,880 22,202 50 Public Enemies Saracen
3 Weldrin Ronin 2,753,456 53,218 50 Angels of Darkness Saracen
4 Arauddry 2,334,389 134,214 50 Public Enemies Briton
5 Mona TheCrimsonShadow 2,044,483 8,006 50 Assassins of Albion Saracen
6 Talen Sneakybastard 1,889,613 2,702 50 Servants of the Lake Briton
7 Sapios Mortis 1,746,260 41,588 50 Disciples Of Aldur Saracen
8 Rhodry Rage 1,683,234 25,125 50 Dem Ibbies Briton
9 Dogbone DoggehStyle 1,507,112 1,846 50 Avalanche Briton
10 Jix Nox 1,505,961 5,826 50 Servants of the Lake Saracen
11 Warlock TheLostSouL 1,409,432 8,144 50 Public Enemies Saracen
12 Oculus DAHLONGARMOFTHALAW 1,395,603 31,874 50 Soul Crew Briton
13 Jintah Soulfiltrator 1,342,665 6,524 50 The Usual Suspects Saracen
14 Soha 1,253,648 25,755 50 Servants of the Lake Briton
15 Gwendel Wolfsbane 1,240,284 2,494 50 The Rigante Briton
16 Iguk 1,230,882 442 50 Terror Inc Briton
17 Thorn UpMyRinger 1,200,646 5,430 50 Kupo Flux Saracen
18 Panthera 1,164,938 6,600 50 Creature of the Night Briton
19 Shani Blackhand 1,117,798 89,456 50 Alltrades INC Saracen
20 Roseanna Silverbow 1,089,921 19,774 50 Para Bellum Saracen
Visit YourNextIncarnation The Rigante 50 703,826 17,696 Infiltrator Saracen

Many of the infils in the list playing the game 1 year less than Visit.

Visit is one of the old players, tho he went emain couple times only, you can say he is a casual gamer, but he doesnt have any idea what strealthers rvr is.

I am surprised that you have opinion about Pydwen stealth RVR and you dare saying it in public.

while the rest just give us a bad reputation

so you have a reputation? and its bad?

'you' the unbuffed infils are the good guys? and 'us' the buffed infils are the bad guys?

hmmmmmm. i think it work like this :

unbuffed assasins = poor and/or stupid and/or clueless and or casual gamers and/or PVE Role players

buffed assasins = smart and/or hard core gamers and/or smartasses who think that will pwn all and/or guys who wanna have fun of the game instead of getting pissed.

as for the balance and df etc...
if you pa-cd a target df=useless 90% of the cases, cause most of the fights last less than 30sec.
if you df a sb, he insta purge it.
sb's have styles that hit infils for 350 while infils max hit can be 250. sb's have more hp etc etc.
nses have avoid pain+viper plus they hit like machineguns.

ps. only unbuffed infil i admire is weldrin. /bow

ps2. i feel bad about posting something against some alb, maybe cause visit hepled alot on getting the relic on our last atempt but even then what he said is out of limits... sorry visit

C

chretien

Originally posted by Rambo
[Bunbuffed assasins = poor and/or stupid and/or clueless and or casual gamers and/or PVE Role players

buffed assasins = smart and/or hard core gamers and/or smartasses who think that will pwn all and/or guys who wanna have fun of the game instead of getting pissed.
[/B]
Or unbuffed <insert class> = gamers who play a class with it's strengths and weaknesses rather than using a buffbot to overcome a fundamental fear of losing. I don't have a buffbot, would never consider getting one and yet I don't consider myself any of 'poor and/or stupid and/or clueless and or casual gamers and/or PVE Role players'

C

coolan

Re: Re: Death of Saracen infiltrators?

since i made lot of respecs lately can tell you that slash saracen sux.
Slash is Strength based and Thrust Dex and strength.
I tried 2 be slash by respeccing realm as well and having Aug Str3 for better results.

Buffed i had 313 str, and 383 Dex, with Aug Dex3 as well.
So, weaponskill when slash was 1487 and when thrust 1577.
High weaponskill is very important, plus when you fight sb's and you get str/con debuffed as a slasher, you lose to much WS instead of when you are thrust and lose no dex from debuff.

Even as a Briton infil you dont have so much str and still a debuff can gimp you. Also as a slasher you hit better against casters and sb's but you dont hit good against ns's and most of the mid classes (healers,warriors,thanes,skald,shaman). so...

But anyway i dont think infils and df will get nerfed cause sb's and nses are equal atm. ( dont whine again about it plz )

And now you see the problems sb's have being that they can only go slash spec and someone hits them with a str/con debuff imo implament a dex/qui debuff.

T

the_smurflord

rhubarb

Well I think you've done an adequate job showing yourself up for what you are without the need for further comment.

E

ele

Oh so because Visit hasn't got over 1 mill RP's he isn't entitled to show his opinion about RvR?

I think you neglect to realise that Visit may have a life outside Daoc, even taking a long break to try out SWG, and does not play 24/7 like some of the hardcore players, yet has still managed to achieve a respectable RR, WITHOUT A BOT.

R

Rambo

Re: Re: Re: Death of Saracen infiltrators?

Originally posted by coolan
And now you see the problems sb's have being that they can only go slash spec and someone hits them with a str/con debuff imo implament a dex/qui debuff.

aye you are right about it, also the fact albs have 3 stealth classes and the one of them have CC is also unfair, all 3 realms should have 3 stealth classes !

A

Affri

It's not so much DF itself that's overpowered.

It's the Hamstring chain that follows.

S

shani

Originally posted by Affri
It's not so much DF itself that's overpowered.

It's the Hamstring chain that follows.

I dont believe hamstring is Infil specific ?

U

umilard

I thought cloth was neutral to all damagetypes :p

K

kreig

Originally posted by ele
Oh so because Visit hasn't got over 1 mill RP's he isn't entitled to show his opinion about RvR?

I think you neglect to realise that Visit may have a life outside Daoc, even taking a long break to try out SWG, and does not play 24/7 like some of the hardcore players, yet has still managed to achieve a respectable RR, WITHOUT A BOT.

Well put.

M

Mills

The 3 things people forget about dragonfang:

1) as it's an evade reactional style, you cannot use it on people unless they are directly meleeing you. Therefore never on casters, healers, bards etc. Savages and all shield spec tanks have a stun of the same length that they can use on anyone, and for a lot less skill points too.

2) Unless you're buffed to the tits, you can't rely on an evade coming along that often. (Yes, there are still infils out there who play properly, while the rest just give us a bad reputation).

3) The miniscule stuns on Creeping Death and Backstab 2 invoke a 30 sec stun immunity timer, meaning we have to forsake our big openers to make DF of any use at all.

DF is only overpowered in the hands of infils who can't venture outside a portal keep without their mummy buffbot.
Don't start judging a class on how people choose to abuse it, but on how it is supposed to be played.

Here Here! tbh nerf every class except Pala's..... i feel like whineing on like everyone else lol... back to beta imo :O

P

pudzy

Stupid thing to say really m8, DF should be nerfed, and other than that, my mercfil's damage rocks .. so it won't really bother me, tho I don't play him nomore:).

Users who are viewing this thread