death of crafting

ruahtian

Fledgling Freddie
will crafting die a death in toa .

will there be a need for ac tailering (personaly i think no)

sc will be needed a bit as will alc wc and fletching for legendary wepons but other than that i belive crafting as we no it will die unless mythic do something

Khefru

One of Freddy's beloved
Crafting in this game is the most dull, unrewarding thing to do anyway. No money in it for the time spent, so personally anything that reduces the need for crafting is good.

Also, crafting has been dead for a long time. Just try to find a crafter willing to make stuff to order, especially anything other than bg1 or lvl 50.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Of course it's not going to die. In fact, it will produce and influx of new orders of armour, spellcraft and alchemy.

Silverblast

One of Freddy's beloved
Loxleyhood said:
Of course it's not going to die. In fact, it will produce and influx of new orders of armour, spellcraft and alchemy.
agree

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>Of course it's not going to die. In fact, it will produce and influx of new orders of armour, spellcraft and alchemy.

Aye your current set up wont work when you start to use ToA drops so you need to complement it with crafted stuff. Maybe the full set of armour orders will drop, but it takes time to farm and level this stuff so you need something in between your leveling gear and the ToA gear.

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
Khefru said:
Just try to find a crafter willing to make stuff to order, especially anything other than bg1 or lvl 50.
Many times lowbies order armor with quality request (wich they cant pay). After 20-30 times allways the same wheening about the price, you give up on lowbie armor. Not becouse of the money but the wheening all the time, after all lowbie armor take only a few minutes and is very cheap.

Lowbies beter order random quality, make crafters less sick of lowbie orders.
greetz

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Heh

How many times have we heard this? First of all DF was the death of crafting, and that tag has been applied to almost every significant patch since then. Its not happened yet - and it wont happen with TOA either.

Look at whats required to get a decent (ie capping everything important and at least getting the rest close to cap) SC setup with a few TOA items/artifacts in there. Youll very quickly see that youll want at least 3-4 crafted items. And no - not 99% "junk" either, for most classes to produce a reasonable template at least a few 100% quality parts will be required.

missedagain

Fledgling Freddie
Deadnala said:
Many times lowbies order armor with quality request (wich they cant pay). After 20-30 times allways the same wheening about the price, you give up on lowbie armor. Not becouse of the money but the wheening all the time, after all lowbie armor take only a few minutes and is very cheap.

Lowbies beter order random quality, make crafters less sick of lowbie orders.
greetz

just do what i do get them to buy the materials when they see how much its going to cost it soon sorts out those who cant pay from those who can

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
There should be more MP orders since util on the artefacts are low and you'll need MP to cap.

But then again there will still be ppl without ToA or just cba to get artefacts for 3+ chars and lvl them

Auriel

Fledgling Freddie
Fletchers and Weaponsmiths will have Legendary weapons to make, Armoursmiths and Tailors will have new MP armours to make for folk's SC templates, Spellcrafters and Alchemists are also needed for new templates, so high level crafters at least will be busy.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Not everybody is going to be walking around with artifacts. Artifacts take ages to activate and then even longer to level.

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
Not everybody is going to be walking around with artifacts. Artifacts take ages to activate and then even longer to level.
all stealth0rs will have to do it, including you, i have ~4 artifacts that i feel i HAVE to get to be able to compete, and i will lvl them, will take some while but its gonna be needed

Arindra

Fledgling Freddie
ruahtian said:
will crafting die a death in toa .

will there be a need for ac tailering (personaly i think no)

There will be a need for specific pieces, there will be less need for entire suits made to cookie cutter specifications to fit the same sc template as everyone needs.

I also suspect that you will, before too long, see the ToA % bonuses become spellcraftable bonuses, and you'll see the number of gems on a crafted SC piece increased in line with drops.

imo.

xoboll

Fledgling Freddie
Crafting will never die.. lots still need crafted gear.. and then u still got the lower lvls needin bits :)

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
I'd have to agree with most of the others on this, with all the new ToA stuff even the best yank template always seems to have 3-4 pieces of crafted stuff. And of course theres still BG armour/SC.

In short term prospects its probably going to be a few profitable... sorry, busy (i know your always going on about always loosing coin on crafting ;)) period for crafters once ToA comes out and people start farming 'teh artifacts fortehwin' thus needed new armour pieces.

...Ok, so what i've just put is basically what everyone else is saying. But my post is different. See it has a wiggly ass!

Different = :kissit:

:D

ruahtian

Fledgling Freddie
i just did a full armour set up using toa artifacts and new quest items it almost caped all resists stats where for sm + 15 to cap pie dex +160 hits
20% more mana and 25% faster casting speed

yes it will take a long long time to lvls them to lvl 10 but the first that do so will have an advantage similar to those who got the first tg drops
added to that some ofthe reative and procs and charges on the items ( ie 15% of damage goes to mana and end or 10% of damage is returned to the person hiting you kinda makes any chars with full sets rather good go take a look for yourselfs at

http://www.visionofsages.net/toa/

Trubble

Fledgling Freddie
There will come a huge increase in MP demand with the release of TOA, as the artifacts have rather poor utility, so people are going to need MP stuff to get everything maxed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom