Dear Mythic...

A

Apathy

Dear Mythic,

Hello. My name is Morgan. You may remember me from such RvR encounters as "You are hit for 71212676 damage because of the cloth AF bug" and "Your spellcasting is interrupted by the dead Norseman on the otherside of the MileGate".

I play a sorcerer. It's really fun. Well, apart from in RvR. And in PvE. And I am sure we're not a very good class for crafting either...

Here are the things you must do to ensure I get a raging hardon every time I log on :

1) Swap the level order of the debuffs in the Body specline. Going heat, cold, matter is insane when cabalists get a debuff for their own damage first by getting body debuff before the other two. Other mage classes are better able to take advantage of their resist debuffs and we should too.

2) EITHER increase the range on my mezzes to 1850 *OR* remove instant CC AoE from the game. If this means having to spec very highly in Mind, then so be it.

3) Give a better unique RA other than the AEDoT. Either reduce the cost to something around 8 or increase the area, range, damage and duration significantly. Or swap it for a Group Purge-style RA that removes all CC from the group.

4) Consider putting in another level of charm that allows higher mobs to be charmed.

5) STOP DEBUFFING MOBS UPON CHARM! For the love of Vishnu...please

6) Add the final level AF buff. Now.

7) Give us the same epic armour as cabalists since you can't be fucked doing a proper one. It's WAY cooler than the skanky puke green neon wizard clone crap.

8) Let us wear caps that make it look like we have Zzzzzs over our heads all the time. This way the enemy will think we are already mezzed and find someone with more than 300hp to pick on.

9) Change the body nuke damage to type to something better or add some kind of AoE snare DD to matter. Almost every sorcerer today is a cookie cutter spec because there are only about THREE WAYS to spec a sorcerer and only one if you want to be any kind of anything.

10) Remove the useless lvl 19 root in body specline...it's annoying me.

11) WHY do we have so many dex/qui debuffs when they're all but useless? Give us AoE resist debuffs (2s or 3s castable ones) or single target instaresistdebuff, if you are so intent on changing us to debuffers instead of mezzers/rooters.

Gah. I hate you all. Add "Be nicer to sorcerers" to your New Year resolution lists, please.

a.

B

bahamuts

and if you cange stuff you can also remove juggernaut and give me something good

O

old.LandShark

cabalist special RA should be a 350radius, 1850 range, instacast 40% body & matter debuff, 30 min timer, 10 pts, some prerequisites like aug acuity or something, christ knows...

If they put body resist buffs in bard regrowth instead of warden PBT/dmg/spd/ownage line, it's go a long way towards unnerfing minstrels and body sorcs/cabas...

A

Apathy

Cabalist RA should cost 14 points, be usable once every 30 mins and should...cast an instant AoE mezz.

Let's see how YOU like getting another class's bread and butter spell for a special ability. :p

a.

T

Tilda

firsly how many cabalists do you know that are specced to 25(i think) spirit for the debuff, imo the debuff isnt worht speccing in a line for, snare is shite, buffs are shite, spirit is shite, although rumor has it Spirit specc will get matter dammage PBAoE if hat dosnt get the VN whiners going i dont know what will.

also Cabalists are also lacking our final AF buff i tink its fixed next patch.

Tilda

S

stupidshady

if we are talking about class RA'S what ya think about arms RA soldier barricade, RLY handy and you will live allot longer........NOT gimme something usefull like another insta heal or grp purge or got know what else, but to increase my AF thats the last thing I want/worry about

J

Jiggs

matter pbaoe so belongs to albion

but give it to earth theurgists: 6sec pbt and pbaoe lol hibs would love that :D

S

sorusi

apathy give up, wont be any sorc love im afraid :(

F

fl-gorre

hrhr had quite a laugh readin this
a lot of thruth behind it :)

anway anone knows if wer (sorces)gone get a new respec ?
tempted to respec to a fullmezzing machine instead of a soloin char

A

Apathy

The debuff thing isn't about "Cabalists are overpowered with regards to being able to debuff their own damage type at a lower level than sorcerers!"...it's simply a point of uneven and silly setups by Mythic.

Sorcerers get the first matter debuff at 27 (Heat at 23 and cold at 25.) and the top matter debuff at 48.

Cabalists get the first body debuff at 22! And the top one is at 46. So a cabalist speccing to debuff their own damage will be able to put more points into their damage line than a sorc and still have the same high lvl debuff...

Enchanters get their heat debuff first of all the debuffs and the majority of their damage can be heat if they want AND still get the best debuff. Can you imagine if wizards got that?

Spiritmasters have spirit-based damage spells and get a spirit debuff at lvl 25.

The point to the discrepancies in resist debuffs is that it means one less avenue of speccing and method of play is utterly closed to the sorcerer; a sorcerer cannot spec matter/body in the way that a cabalist can spec body/spirit and the same for the other realms.

It's just silly.

Gorre...I would never respecc to full mind. It's just not worth it. The main thing that brought the debuff situation to my attention is that I've been using DoTs a lot and debuffing for them. It practically DOUBLES the damage for 15 seconds, which can be up to three ticks if you time the casting right. I'll find a screenshot...stay there!

~wanders off~

http://retrocrush.net/daoc/dot1.jpg

This is something I did last night just to make sure I had something captured. Hot for 79...debuff...hit for 150. Woah. The next two ticks did the same, I think.

Pffft. Can't find any screenshots for against players but it is roughly the same. I'll take some today.

Speccing to full mind would lessen the debuffs I have and make me less versatile with nuking and rooting, as well as increase the variance on my life taps.

Sorcerers are supposed to be a support class. DAoC is supposed to be geared towards teamplay being the deciding factor in who wins. As a support class, resist debuffing is a GREAT thing you can do for your groupmates. I have a debuff QB set up to do my own debuff/dot combo and also has macros for /assist on Tilda and Wildfire. What more do Mythic WANT from me? Blood donations? And yet they make it hard for me to be anything other than third rate. Pffft.

a.

O

old.Odysseus

Only thing theurgs need is insta-cast pets on a 3 sec delay with fixed powcost.
GTAOE on earth line would be nice.
Ice line? Its so horribly gimped you cant fix it to someting useful, leave as is. (Although pbaoe would help).

S

stupidshady

well I think everyone isnt happy with his class/classes :) ( even hibs I think altough that sounds unbelievable ) anywase, lets stop the nagging and whining and HOPE that mythic does something good for albion for a change ( would doubt it :/ )

G

Genesis_of_Ak

If your car doesnt run like a formula F1 and you don't have the money to super-tune it, what do you do ? You make the best of what you have.

In RvR, stop whining about numbers, relics, and tactics. Use strategy, educate those who don't know how to RvR, and make intelligent use of available logistics.

A

Apathy

~rolls eyes~

It's not about "[running] like a formula F1"; it's about being less behind in ability and versatility when compared to classes which have similar abilities but in a much more logical and inexpensive manner.

From the looks of it, Mythic's allocation of the debuffs is entirely random, unless they actually MEANT for the top damage dealer of Hib to be able to efficiently debuff it's own damage from lower levels, followed by Mid and then Alb. And only Albion's CROWD CONTROL class can really debuff it's own damage (Debuffing for body damage is like pissing into the sea.).

It's not a "Make my class UBER!" whine. It's a list of things that will bring sorcs into line with other debuffers and fixing things that are a long time broken.

a.

S

stupidshady

I know and understand apathy, but do ya think armsmans poles still do the most dam ? well believe me it isnt, I am getting hit by other tanks who DOUBLE my pole dam, buffd or not buffd that aint normal, but I dont whine, I call for backup if I get it I might live, if I dont I die, but knowing I put up a good fight and hope I can get him next time

O

old.LandShark

Would be pretty silly to give spirit cabalists a matter PBAE.
OK, so if a cabalist specs 50 spirit - yep, he's gimped as hell. BUT; a cabalist doesn't have to spec spirit, fgs, he can spec two perfectly valid and powerful lines.
A matter PBAE (carbon copy of mana eldritch's, ideally, but matter damage) in theurgist earth line would be great. Let's see how hibernia likes it when another realm always has 6sec PBT, hmm? Cos I'm ready to bet a lot of people would be willing to be able to go afk all their PvE lives and then have a PBAE for rvr :p

Users who are viewing this thread