Dear Baby Jesus, can I have a shar shade for my birthday?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Troll sb would add alot of comedy value tbh :( be funny seeing them roll around like tools.

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
DFrazier_Mythic said:
I can definitely understand the "8 years too late" comments, and honestly the decision to allow this wasn't all that difficult of one to make.

Before it is asked - as of this moment in time, Race respecs for existing Nightshades will not be available. I realize that this will cause a (sizeable) outcry from the existing Nightshade population, and it was the number one reason I stopped to consider this for more than an instant. I fully understand that a large amount of the population has put a significant amount of time into Lurikeen and Elf Nightshades over the course of the game, and that suddenly allowing Shar and Celts to become Nightshades will cause a lot of them to feel marginalized or slighted. At the same time, this is the right thing to do for the class and the realm as a whole, and while I really regret not being able to allow current characters to switch to the two new options, I do truly believe this is the right choice for Nightshades.

:m00::m00::m00:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
lol "this truely is the right choice for nightshades" Yes mate but this "Is not the right choice for paying customers who don't want to invest another x years into another shade from scratch.

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
lol "this truely is the right choice for nightshades" Yes mate but this "Is not the right choice for paying customers who don't want to invest another x years into another shade from scratch.

Im kinda pissed tbh if they do that. a shar with 75 str 80 con vs my lurie with 50 str 50 con lol! that a free aug str 3 and aug con 4/5 yeah r0x0rz mythic really.

The first time i played daoc i wanted to roll a celt ns but not possible so was stuck with the luri.... 8 years and 10 mil rp on my shade they decide that they can do it now lol.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
tbh, if pierce weapons/damage tables were not so fucking shite, it wouldn't matter so much
but there isn't a single weapon out there were there isn't a much better slash version
dragon drops, astral weapons, artifacts etc

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
tbh, if pierce weapons/damage tables were not so fucking shite, it wouldn't matter so much
but there isn't a single weapon out there were there isn't a much better slash version
dragon drops, astral weapons, artifacts etc

I can live that pierce will be changed for luries/ elves to 100%dex then they can have shars and celts.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
some interesting posts from player base in that vn thread tbh lol.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
This is just hilarious. I'd like to see their reasoning for why it is the right choice for nightshades :)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I seem to remember, every time we asked for the Race choice of Ns, the refrain was that it would be too imbalanced to give the Celt/Shar combo.
I wonder what exactly changed apart some arsehole getting fired :m00:

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
It's very one sided,ns have never had problems competing in the stealth war,why change it now,sb struggled for a very long time after the la nerd,where was there love,another poor choice by mythic Inc tbh,what's next? Highlander infs?

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
It's very one sided,ns have never had problems competing in the stealth war,why change it now,sb struggled for a very long time after the la nerd,where was there love,another poor choice by mythic Inc tbh,what's next? Highlander infs?

Only thing worse with SBs even after the LA nerf is the 2 bot situation, besides that they have always been on top if u know what your doing

Tuthmes

FH is my second home

70str, 2h pa's, bludgeon (or whatever its called), LA has it's +'s aswell, phoebus (if anyone uses it still). Lot's of love and tbh the most OP assassin there is. I know 1 or 2 players that cba to play it anymore, because it's too easymode.

Infact even if there whas a celt/shar ns i don't see the problem (even got 10 less str @ creation). It is a slap in the face for the rest of the people who already have one though.

Dvaerg

Part of the furniture
Actually there is 1 Pierce weapon that isn't that bad :)

Astral Plaguebringer...

I've got told it can debuff ABS, Armor, Buffs, Effectivness and other shit

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
70str, 2h pa's, bludgeon (or whatever its called), LA has it's +'s aswell, phoebus (if anyone uses it still).

from the 1.87 patch notes:
- Use of the second ability on the Midgard version of the Phoebus Harp Necklace is now restricted to Skalds.

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Actually there is 1 Pierce weapon that isn't that bad :)

Astral Plaguebringer...

I've got told it can debuff ABS, Armor, Buffs, Effectivness and other shit

Its ok, not even close to outweight the 10% dmg loss vs alb and mid leather tho

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
from the 1.87 patch notes:
- Use of the second ability on the Midgard version of the Phoebus Harp Necklace is now restricted to Skalds.

Ahh fine. I Remember it always whas the first thing that got popped in a fight.

Basically a celt ns would be the same as a briton infil with a whole lot of less spec points. Still gimped compaired to their counterparts :p

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
Probably a reason why it was removed. :) I seem to recall I was quite fond of it (on my SB). I guess I'll have to trade it in for the 10p.. meh.

Anyway, I take it it's not just NS (and hibs?) who get new options in the next patch. Any more info/hints from it floating out there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom