Dear Albs

Gins

Loyal Freddie
First off all, i have no idea if this should go in RVR discussion or here on Alb main section, but as it has nothing to do with the hibs or mids i'm posting it here.

Now i've been playing Alb/Pryd for over 2 years now, with deverse chars and i don't think i ever had a personall isue with anyone, or beeing called names or anythin.
Untill i decided to roll an infiltrator as i never played a stealther before it seemed like a challenge ( running around solo at rr1 and all)

The thing is, over the last 3 days i've been called a twat, a wanker etc etc. The worst things first, by fellow alb's ( always other stealthers) for diferent reasons, but always had something to do with adding, and not adding.
Beeing called names caus i wanted to help out a fellow alb beeing bashed down by 2 mids, or caus i didn't add on a 1on1 where the alb was losing.

This does my head in and works very demoralizing. i never reported anyway or so caus i believe they implented /ignore for a reason, but it still makes me feel bad.

Now the way i see it is albion, midgard and hibernia are 3 diferent realms, and are each others enemy. Albs should help out albs and so on.
You will however not see me adding on a 1VS1 or a clear 8vs8 but when i see lets say 3 albs fighting 4 mids i will start bashing on something without even thinking about it.

Ofc to each his own its still a game and if you don't shear my vision on the rvr part its all good, but pls don't start going crazy on me caus i don't always play the way you do.

Going out on infiltrator for only 3 days now and i already feel like it was a huge mistake rolling one. and that should't be.

Dunno why i'm making this thread but i just don't really like beeing called a twat caus i was trying to only do good :/

Srry for all the english gramar abuse btw, i did my best :p

Wumps the depressed infiltrator

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah bud, i know what ya feel, i got a RR 3 infil :) I like playing infil and tbh i dont care if they PM me such caus i know who the real idiots are and i also know ITS NOT ME!

Most infils dont care about RP, all they care about is to get a kill for them self. Well GET THIS you other stealthers, if we add, you can say whatever you want! Cross the line and get a 3-day non daoc vacation!! You have absolutley no right to tell us to either F*** off or other names! Caus if you read news on daoc.goa.com it said in april i think that there is no such thing as a kill claim, in rvr you can attack anywho, add on anywho you want!

If those playing infils start hating me for doing this i can say only one thing, i dont care, caus i know i cant make friends with everyone! and i also know, i didnt start the problem (following CoC ofc) Im all with you here Gins! next time right now it!

Drucken

Fledgling Freddie
You're right, at the start this game was about 3 realms in war, but now its just about fair fights and RPs.
If I see 2 mid stealthers against one alb I will help the alb (unless i know he is high rr and dont need my help) but if someone is having a 1on1 I wont add whoever is losing (unless the enemy is a strong adder i hate) and tbh i wouldnt get mad if i was losing a 1on1 with 3 albs looking without helping cause then the other guy deserved to win. IMO

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
i agree, it's really depressing how some ppl treat fellow players :(

Drucken said:
You're right, at the start this game was about 3 realms in war, but now its just about fair fights and RPs.
If I see 2 mid stealthers against one alb I will help the alb (unless i know he is high rr and dont need my help) but if someone is having a 1on1 I wont add whoever is losing (unless the enemy is a strong adder i hate) and tbh i wouldnt get mad if i was losing a 1on1 with 3 albs looking without helping cause then the other guy deserved to win. IMO

i really don't mind one or the other. i usualy just smash my keyboard a few times when getting run over, do some cursing, whine in /gu and then be off with it. but what saddens me is the way some act towards eachother.

Zordo

Fledgling Freddie
I understand ur frustration as ive encountered similar reactions myself. Sadly u cant please all in this game and u will at times be yelled at for adding once u decide to help a struggling fellow alb, just to find out hes got IP, pots or some other goodie, lined up 3 secs later. Or be yelled at for not helping/or jumping inn too late when u try and respect the 1 vs 1 code some go by.

Reckon u cant avoid these things at times but personally i will try and ask the alb if hes ok (time permitted) or but in if i see an alb struggle with an enemy and then pm the person at hand to say "sorry for butting in but i thought u were in trouble", or something like that. Then i usually get a nice reply.

This is a game which should be fun to play and sadly some people go out of their way to tarnish it. So im sorry u feel depressed about it all, just keep on playing mate and ignore a few of those comments.

PS to those out there that presses the "TWAT, wtf did u interfere"-macro, we would respond far better, and the game would have a far more pleasent community, if u angled ur question a bit differently. Like "Thanks for helping out, but i was ok so no need to help out:)"

If it takes too long to type it, just macro it:)

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
How hard can it be for someone to ask for help? If the guy needs help, all he needs to type is /y, which takes like, what, half a second? If he doesn't help you and bitches at you afterwards, it's his problem.

Ellwynn

Fledgling Freddie
And i agree too, although i'm not an infil. But this is for all classes, not just infils. When you think you give another alb a hand, he accuses you for adding and when you don't give a hand, they are angry, cause you didn't help.
All very confusing :eek6:
And i'd like to add something too here.
If you want a duel...fine, but don't do it on "public"places.
Maybe a good idea is to make some arena or something, where mids/hibs/ albs can meet and fight and messure their strenght against eachother, cause that's what it's all about.
These duels have nothing to do with rvr anymore.
Maybe even Mythic can be convinced to make such an arena.
I know what i will vote if they make a poll for it :p

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
If you don't help them they cry and if you do they cry aswell, stop caring about what people want you to do and just have fun.
If that includes attacking everything within sight do so, if that includes running solo or going out for 8v8 then do that.
With the amount of whiners these days you cannot please them all and in the end of the day it matter if you had fun, not if that rr10-11 infil or so had fun because you didn't "add" or did "add".

About time people get that through their heads and there's an /ignore command in the game which you can use if the person keeps PM'ing you trash or just right now it if it's some serious abuse he's sending.

Talsar

Albion Legend
In RVR, there should only be 1 rule... If it is RED then it is DEAD.

I try to live by this rule at all times. Of course if there is a few 1v1 happening then i will stand and watch, and then step in if the alb is losing. As i'm often playing my main in RVR (cleric), most people dont moan when i return them to full heath during a 1v1.

But i too have added, and then not added. And yes i have been subject to whines for both.

All we need to do is agree one simple fuction, we are in RVR to kill all enemines regardless if they are engaged in battle or not.

Picture two senarios.

8 Albs are engaged with 8 Mids, 8 Hibs arrive, should they wait until one side has lost then attack? - answer no.

4 Albs are attacking 4 Hibs, 2 Albs appear should they help? Yes! will they? maybe! should they? Of Course we are all the same realm.

People kill greys in RVR not because they are :flame: but because they are worth some rps.

Best rule ever, If it is RED then it is DEAD. Maybe we should all follow it :)

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
im a little confuced, why dont you add?

everone is fare game,
if you choose not to add its your decision, i completly understand. people who insult you for not helping probabbly deserve getting shot on the spot, but i guess a friendly 'why didn't you help?' would be enough

but dont you find fg's of hibs/mids comming and killing you if your solo or duo?

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
really sad tbh :) I got called a retard last day just because i was standing next to someone who added :p

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
The simple truth is some people are morons..

At the moment going out in rvr and doing anything with any class is probably going to get you whined at by someone.. Best thing to do is just ignore them.

Add or not depending on your feelings on the subject and ignore people that feel they have to impose their views on the subject on you. Most of the people who do probably never leave their PC's so haven't learn't how to actually deal with other humans yet.

When it happens, just imagine a little kid sitting behind a keyboard complaining to mummy that he's not pwonzing as much as he'd like and the insults won't seem quite as worrying as they did 30 seconds before. Anyone that feels the need to insult you for trying to have fun in a computer game, really isn't worth worrying about.

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Gins said:
First off all, i have no idea if this should go in RVR discussion or here on Alb main section, but as it has nothing to do with the hibs or mids i'm posting it here.

Now i've been playing Alb/Pryd for over 2 years now, with deverse chars and i don't think i ever had a personall isue with anyone, or beeing called names or anythin.
Untill i decided to roll an infiltrator as i never played a stealther before it seemed like a challenge ( running around solo at rr1 and all)

The thing is, over the last 3 days i've been called a twat, a wanker etc etc. The worst things first, by fellow alb's ( always other stealthers) for diferent reasons, but always had something to do with adding, and not adding.
Beeing called names caus i wanted to help out a fellow alb beeing bashed down by 2 mids, or caus i didn't add on a 1on1 where the alb was losing.

This does my head in and works very demoralizing. i never reported anyway or so caus i believe they implented /ignore for a reason, but it still makes me feel bad.

Now the way i see it is albion, midgard and hibernia are 3 diferent realms, and are each others enemy. Albs should help out albs and so on.
You will however not see me adding on a 1VS1 or a clear 8vs8 but when i see lets say 3 albs fighting 4 mids i will start bashing on something without even thinking about it.

Ofc to each his own its still a game and if you don't shear my vision on the rvr part its all good, but pls don't start going crazy on me caus i don't always play the way you do.

Going out on infiltrator for only 3 days now and i already feel like it was a huge mistake rolling one. and that should't be.

Dunno why i'm making this thread but i just don't really like beeing called a twat caus i was trying to only do good :/

Srry for all the english gramar abuse btw, i did my best :p

Wumps the depressed infiltrator

I'll some up playing a stealther for you.

If you dont add/help you get shit.
If you add/help you get shit.

I personally will jump in on 2v1 if i think the alb has no chance, 1v1 no matter who it is i wont.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
pick a style of play and stick to it regardless of what other people say, if you want to add, do it, if you dont want to add, dont. dont let other people dictate how you play the game. offer an opinion sure, but dont try and force things onto other players and dont let other players force it onto you.

if someone engages an enemy, then loses and blames you because you didnt help just /ignore them. if they cant fight alone then they shouldnt be running alone.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
do what you want and ignore them - if they are abusing you simply screenie it and send a rightnow.

YOU pay YOUR subs - so enjoy the game in whatever the way you want :)

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Infanity said:
I'll some up playing a stealther for you.

If you dont add/help you get shit.
If you add/help you get shit.

I personally will jump in on 2v1 if i think the alb has no chance, 1v1 no matter who it is i wont.
Yup. Leave fair duels alone, help out if the guy is outnumbered. Agreeing with Jamie, who could've seen it coming :x

Thadius

Part of the furniture
pjuppe said:
i agree, it's really depressing how some ppl treat fellow players :(

i really don't mind one or the other. i usualy just smash my keyboard a few times when getting run over, do some cursing, whine in /gu and then be off with it. but what saddens me is the way some act towards eachother.

Your forgetting, the game is 4 years old, at start people wanted a zerg vs zerg fight, 4 years on they dont want to fight the same way :)

Im guessing people want fair fights now as thats what the game has evolved into

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
Ellwynn said:
When you think you give another alb a hand, he accuses you for adding and when you don't give a hand, they are angry, cause you didn't help.

that description fits 1 person i know in albland... Jarvio-e! ^ ^:touch:

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
Don't let it bother you Wumps. :fluffle:

As most posters have stated and Andri in particular, there's too many whiny players who've been on FH too long and learn't to whine.

Never remember it this bad back in the 'good old days' - its all because rpees are the crack of daoc - some people just can't get enough and will piss off other players to get it.

Play as you want and just /hug them next time they abuse you or even /dance /flex and then /ignore :touch:

Good luck!

/bow

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
I agree with Talsar, if it's red it will soon be dead. Do whatever you feel like, you pay your subs, you play the way you want. It's as simple as that really.

GL!

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Add as much as you can! As said earlier in post (almost):

If its red,
and not dead,
do what you can,
and ADD like a man!

:flame:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom