Dealing with (others) bad breath

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone found a nice way of telling people that their breath stinks other than asking if they brush/use mouthwash? It's really hard to hold a conversation while being sprayed with half disgested bio-matter without grimacing and feeling physically sick. I have to work at a computer terminal with this guy so I've got no choice but to break the bad news to him that his breath smells like a rotting badger :puke:

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Tell him. He might be offended, but whats worse? You looking away as you chat with him, feeling sick, or him being upset for a day or two? Besides, he might thank you as nice breath = more birds.

granny

Fledgling Freddie
Much easier with a bloke, especially a techy-type bloke too - if you do it in a friendly enough manner he'll prolly thank you like Tom says.

Worse is with female co-workers. There's one here at my work, 40+ year old, mother of 2, respectable, smartly-dressed, professional research nurse who's breath smells like an abbatoir :( There's simply no easy or jovial way to tell her!

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
You could borrow my daughter...

I am feeling shit this week, and have since Saturday. Basically I have tonsilitis and my throat is soooooo sore and my mouth feels like the bottom of nasty thing.

I was lying on teh sofa feeling sorry for myself when my 2 year old came up to me for a cuddle. Sadly I never got the hug, cos a look of disgust crossed her face and the words 'Daddy you stink' came out of her mouth :( Then she ran off into the kitchen to tell her mother, I heard Sharon ask what I stank of and the reply? 'Poo'

Sadly its true, and no end of teeth brushing and mouthwash will change it till I'm better.

Ah well

RB

Tom

I am a FH squatter
aahhh hahahh now I've got coffee all over my keyboard and monitor you sod!

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
The worst breath I can remember was a guy I worked with (briefly) at mcdonalds. He was a proper scally, rough **** to boot. I managed to withstand it (it could kill small animals in a metre radius) and as such became his 'best mate'. :eek: So I had to endure the stink more than anyone else because I put up with it! Luckily he 'left' but before he left his cousin came to work at the same place and he told me to look after him. So imagine my suprise when two weeks later three drug-dealers came in asking for him. (to which he <the cousin> replied (to me) 'I'm not here'.).

scary shit.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Tom said:
aahhh hahahh now I've got coffee all over my keyboard and monitor you sod!

Cup-a-soup here :/

'Poo' hehe :)

There's a bloke at my work who has chosen me as his technical guru who all questions must be directed to. When he's around I try to breathe through my mouth but even that is like eating dog-log :(

Gray

FH is my second home
Why not buy a pack of chewing gum and just leave it on the desk, take one then offer him one... Hopefully he should accept?..

Or get them new Extra Thin Ice things... offer him one coz their a "new thing"....

or somethin

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
give him an industry sized packet of mints, tell em to take one out and eat the rest </caring type>

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
The mint trick sounds a bit gutless really, but it does make me wonder about all the times people have offered me mints in the past. Think I'll just make a face and ask him what he has been eating, then recommend listerine but it'll probably go wrong and just end up being a joke. Seems like it's such a common problem I'm surprised industry hasn't managed to penetrate the public with their paranoia inducing 'fresh breath' adverts. Someone should invent some kind of bad breath test, if you breathe into it and the colour changes to red then it's time to mouthwash!

Milkshake

Loyal Freddie
Personally, I'd want someone just to tell me. I'd thank em, not be offended. I'd go get some mints, and sort it out.

S'not something to dance around. If the guy doesn't know, he should.

Mr.Monkey2

Fledgling Freddie
Yes the breathmint option is gutless.

However, it avoids insulting anyone. Yet the job gets done.

There are medical conditions which result in halitosis (infact, if you've ever met anyone on the atikins diet..). It's a bit like saying to a girl "When are you due?", and she replies "I'm not pregnant you shit".

BO is in the same category. I carry a deoderant stick in my briefcase incase I get too sweaty on the tube....

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
It smells slightly of spunk but thats all tbh.
:p

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
Problem with mouthwashes is it can get rid of all the useful bacteria in your mouth too which can lead to nice fungal infections which means even stinkier breath! yikes!
We have a problem with a guy at work here who just doesnt wash, he doesnt seem to realise that he just stinks...its inhuman it smells like I would imagine a rotting corpse to smell like. Fortunately about once a month it becomes too unbearable and the big boss has to e-mail him and kindly tell him to burn the clothes he has worn for the past month and take a long long long bath..next day smells normal, few days after... back to teh stinky :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom