;< dead pc

S

sigh

hi, I recently found out i have a trojan startpage.Q virus, I read the despription of this virus does, it appears only to effect explorer. But all my programs seem to be effected which lends me to think I have another virus, I've tried running norton AV, but that doesnt want to work, and tried fix-it utilities 3.0, but that doesnt fnd anything. anyways to say my computer is in abit of a state is understatement, so if anyone has links to possiable external programs I would be most greatful

R

roteca

I got the same 2 days ago aswell, comp died totaly, had to format c: and reinstall...

D

darzil

If you're ever having to go as far as to format c:, remember to run fdisk /mbr to reset your master boot record. Formatting c: isn't enough to remove the most pernicious viruses !

Darzil

R

roteca

well, after the comp crashed and ive formated, the virus was gone, seemed like it had done the work and left, checked with several virus progs to be sure. but from now on, im going to be careful when clicking links on irc, and teh fekker that started the trojan clicky can faod irl. just reinstalled a nice and clean windows and progs, after i was done and deleted all the left over install files to save space on harddrive. then i turned on mirc. 5 mins after the comp crashed cuz of the clicky. 8(

C

chretien

Fuck off and die.
That's an answer not a flame by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread