Dead Buffbots INSIDE ATK [Odin]

TeaSpoon

Fledgling Freddie
Vepo said:
(killed them 3 or 4 times in a row, throught they would have learnt there lesson

Slightly pretentious there :p

Anyway, /slap to Eyd, now get on with it :p

AngryKid

Fledgling Freddie
Glottis said:
Hello mister elite, wR giving away 1rp's at a time again?
Oh wait, lets get back to the bb's getting killed... :eek:
Regards, Glottis
Slightly amusing, yet retarded..:eek:

Gethin

Fledgling Freddie
I had volley for some time and recently respecced out of it

The main issues with volley are:

1) Limited uses - Keep holds, Takes, Mkt killing and Standoffs
2) Arrow Overheads - on a decent keep hold i could burn through 1500 arrows.

Anyone that uses volley on a regular basis should also consider getting Arrow Salvaging to negate the huge costs involved.

14 points for volley and probably another 4 points for arrow salvaging for a Realm ability with very limited uses doesnt sound like a good investment especially when there are so many other useful ones available to a archer.

Should Mythic reduce the cost of Volley again i would consider re-adding it to my armoury.

Back to the original thread about using volley on atk/mtk, using it there isnt without considerable risk. I have hit guards on numerous occasions and had them chase me down and kill me.

Methos

Loyal Freddie
All the people replying 'omg nooob ekydus looooool' are the extremely annoying idiots here.

I yearn for the times where forums were to enlighten, teach and help people, instead of the 'my dick is bigger than yours'-attitude that reigns today's forums.

Norvindus

Can't get enough of FH
To Gethin,

At ATK in odins there is 1 annoying Elite guard which stands a bit further out than the others and if you for some reason hits him he will get to you and kill you, thats what stopped Prettymaids and I yesterday, otherwise you have to be very unlucky if they come all the way up or out to where you are placed.

Yes the range of Volley is furthere than you can place your gt expecially if you get hight difference, so place gt at the extreme range and back off and up and you will be able to shoot all 5 arrows off, sit down restealt and wait a bit and see if any hits. 2-4 seconds after you will be able to fire again.

About the arrow cost yeh its expensive but considering the risk vs rewards and fun I have no problem with that. Had a bit of a laugh yesterday :)

About the cost of Volley yes 14rp's are a lot of RP's to be using but I like keep attacking/defending/mg's and the rare TK attacks. And for your information I don't play my hunter to go into melee's, cause I suck at that, so upping my damage with bow and what I can do with a bow is my priorities.

Cya

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Vepo said:
Hey, Vepo, you don't have to put every other word in bold text -- it's annoying tbh (especially when the emphasis is put on the wrong words, isn't it?). :m00:

Tootz

Fledgling Freddie
Volley is worth its weight in gold imo. You can pull in silly amounts of RPs during keep sieges (attack and defence) and there is nothing like volleying the AMG room when those silly hibs head in there and stay :) Oh plus the fact you can kill buffbots at TK's of course which is worth more than 1million RPs ;)

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
Ekydus said:
So I made a mistake? Who gives a fuck? Not like I go around reporting everyone for camping an MG like some.
you sir, do suck.

lock the thread, thank you

Ickleevul

Fledgling Freddie
I just love it when people whine about bots getting killed, makes me feel all warm.

Or did i just piss myself laughing? ;)

Jaond

Fledgling Freddie
Methos said:
.I yearn for the times where forums were to enlighten, teach and help people, instead of the 'my dick is bigger than yours'-attitude that reigns today's forums.

But my dick is bigger then yours :wub:

Adari

Part of the furniture
Vepo said:
Was great when we heard about Prettymaids killing the Buffbot's at the ATK/APK.

Myself and the other White Roses were in the process of killing the ASq Guild Group that were going around Odin's Gate (killed them 3 or 4 times in a row, throught they would have learnt there lesson) Just like to say Thank You to "The Breathen" (sorry if i spelt that wrong) for not adding when we were in the middle of killing ASq for the 3rd or 4th time that night. Shame "The Prodigy" had to add when we started our 1fg vs 1fg.

Anyway back to the Buffbot's getting killed. This will teach people not to leave them outside the keeps all the time, there just as effective inside the keep as they would be outside.

Ok

This isn't sesame street, you can leave out the retard bold

and keepign bots inside the keep wont matter since volley goes thru walls, that and outside there is less lag

Jaond

Fledgling Freddie
Ekydus said:
So I made a mistake? Who gives a fuck?

You're right who gives a fuck really?

Was more fun when you didnt know how everything worked with resist, wpnskill etc etc, and if you do know EVERYTHING about a game then maybe you are the sad person. And not Ekydus...

Auriel

Fledgling Freddie
Norvindus said:
Aye volley from out of sight of guards of keep and hunters can stealth so your scouting must really not have been good we saw that fg albs that ran around down at the base of the keep. I'll let you in on a secret volley is just as far as cats can shoot mate and 5 shots a piece.

:clap:

Hehe :D I like it too :clap:

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
I love Volley. Free rps imo. :clap:

I've lost count of how many times a scout have hitted me. And instead of killing me, he gets aggro from my pet, that run up the hills and eighter kill the scout or make him flee to mtk to suicide... :)

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Adari said:
and keepign bots inside the keep wont matter since volley goes thru walls, that and outside there is less lag

it is slightly hard to find bots inside the keep though and I do think if you hit the wrong gaurd (and dont have engage) you will end up pulling gaurds on you and dieing (atleast I did from time to time when i vollied). So putting them inside would increase difficulty of finding them and increase chance of someone pulling a gaurd on himself.

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
A few thoughts about volley.

Next patch (i think) a new command /groundset which lets you target anything inside a tk. You can simply increase gt until you start hitting something.

If you hit stationary guards they wont come, only 2 at gates, so best is to place your bb's around them. They are hard and i think if you activate them
its certain death for most except scouts. Scouts can block them out with engage and after some blocks they will go again.

Another point is that longshot is a pretty good ability, low timer and nearly
allways there. Its a full damage bt piercing 150 % range shot. You can take down a hurt mage from beyond cliprange, safe and easy. Its simply a very good and safe leeching tool. Also its awesome against runners after maybe a truesight, crit, rf, rf, rf longshot will deliver 2000+ damage at least. I think its worth it to any archer really, which brings volley down to 8 points. If someone within visual range is hurt below normal shot damage you can kill
him, that i think is worth 6 points. How many times dont you see a runner after a battle with 200 rp horny realm mates chasing, now whos gonna get those rp ? :)

I think volley is a bit expensive for new archers, since they need purge and ip the most, but compared to passives late on it might be worth it. It has use in standoffs, bb killing, keeps and the ever so popular hib pbaoe hell inside mg's.
Worth it ? hmm, maybe. For scouts yes at high rr, since you dont have access to ap and those 8 points wont buy you that much more strenght, for hunters and ranger no. Worth it to people who like keepbattles too.

About killing BB's with it i think stealthers should ask themselfs, how well do i play against enemy stealthers/fg's without those buffs, it might be you own BB being killed when some chanter is preparing to nuke you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom