De

O

old.job

Dragon Empires

Just look at he environment info for this zone, is this really going to figure in the real game?

savannah_road_texturing.jpg

Some new pics as well
2 3

More pics here
http://images.fragzone.se/rsstech

J

Jonaldo

I presume this is Dragon Empires? Can't be too hard to put the full name in the thread title instead of just De?

Can't imagine how all of it would come into actually affecting how the game played that much really, going into that much detail would just create too much lag and very heavy going on processors.

omg! 6 inches of rain and humidity has risen 4%, I can only run at 78% speed and endurance will decrease 14% faster. These figures will also increase moving uphill, depending on the incline... (this is all made up obviously but if it got like this it would be a bit ridiculous)

S

SilverHood

assume that wind etc will affect ranged weapons, like bows maybe.....

looks bloody good though

S

SFXman

HMm... so they just make the environment look as good as it can get but the character animations they had at first were absolutely horrendous?

T

Tenko

Actually the weather system IS modelled in game as its part of the RSSTech engine :D

I expect those few stats at the top give ALL the weather effects

Viktor Blomberg: Rock Solid Studios-

The weather system is also a lot more complex than the weather seen in most other engines. You can watch the mist rise in the valleys on a starlit night when the terrain cools off after a rainy day, or look for the rainbow in the front of a coming thunderstorm, or get caught in a blizzard while trying to climb a mountain, etc. The clouds are created procedurally based on a number of factors such as temperature, humidity and time of day. The fact that they are created procedurally means that if two players in a world stand at the same place at the same time, they will both experience the same weather.

Now the character models etc are made using the Netimmerse engine :p

S

SFXman

Didn't they re-do the character animations?
The first video I saw of DE... well... the animations of them running where really really bad.

Users who are viewing this thread