Day of Defeat

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Does anyone know what's going on with this at the moment? I know there's been some problems with it loading up properly, getting stuck on precaching resources or something. Has that been sorted yet? I know Throddy used to play DoD, does anyone still play?

Debaser

One of Freddy's beloved
Maljonic said:
Does anyone know what's going on with this at the moment? I know there's been some problems with it loading up properly, getting stuck on precaching resources or something. Has that been sorted yet? I know Throddy used to play DoD, does anyone still play?

Not played in ages I'm affraid. Since Steam, had nothing but problems with it :/

Call of Duty is less hassle tbh :)

SparKeh

Fledgling Freddie
Maljonic said:

i've not played it since steam was introduced.. have been meaning to get into it and other new games like cod etc. just havent found the time :< nfsu is good tho :)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I simply dont play it anymore, and thats after a long time, from beta 1.3 to be precise. Since Steam there have been nothing but problems with it.
When you add that to the fact that I get better FPS on Call Of Duty @1280-1024 than I do on DoD @ 1024-768, and that CoD looks twice as good anyway, its nail in the coffin time tbh :(

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
throdgrain said:
I simply dont play it anymore, and thats after a long time, from beta 1.3 to be precise. Since Steam there have been nothing but problems with it.
When you add that to the fact that I get better FPS on Call Of Duty @1280-1024 than I do on DoD @ 1024-768, and that CoD looks twice as good anyway, its nail in the coffin time tbh :(
Is call of duty a mod or a whole new game?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
And I tell you summat Mal, it really is good.

Like good enough to tempt me away from cs after all these years ...

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
throdgrain said:
And I tell you summat Mal, it really is good.

Like good enough to tempt me away from cs after all these years ...
Good lord! It must be good ;) Though I haven't been all that impressed with Medal of Honor, nowhere near the same playability as CS or TFC; so it must be better than that...

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
i started playing dod at the first beta... the maps were forking ace the allied rifle was teh bollox ... although i dont remember which patch but then they changed the dmg on the allied rifle they revamped all the ace maps and then it started to sux=/..
now i just play cs again.. although now after 1.3 the game has just started to get shiter and shiter and now with 1.6 steam they have ruined it so now i play call of duty and on off occasion cs :touch:

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Maljonic said:
Good lord! It must be good ;) Though I haven't been all that impressed with Medal of Honor, nowhere near the same playability as CS or TFC; so it must be better than that...

Imagine MoHAA looking similar much much nicer, with no lag or connection issues, playing a round-based game instead of TDM, with iron sights you have to look down to aim.
And a serious lack of self-important cs whingers or cheat accusations ! (SoFar!)

Debaser

One of Freddy's beloved
Hmm, don't be fooled though Mal; it has it's faults :)

Things I'm not too keen on in CoD?

...for a start it's not pure iron sight, there's still a pretty accurate cross hair there. Whilst it looks better too, unfortunatly I just don't think the character animation is as good as the top HL mods. They're a bit cartoonish and bouncy :s which always spoils it for me :/

In fact, I do prefer DoD from a gameplay point of view, it's just a hassle to get going.

Now if DoD introduced iron sights and a Search & Destroy mode :D

K

Korgen

I still play dod with my clan. We have 2 servers:
- 195.20.104.65:27015 (won server)
- 213.246.38.62:27019 (steam server)

I hope I'll find you there ;-)

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I would if my DoD was working, but it isn't. :(

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Debaser said:
You're a pimp now Mal?
Yes, sign up for Blind Dater on my site now and meet lots of lurvly girls. :)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Oddly enough my DoD has started working now, and even with ASE, which is a miracle, as my CS hasnt done that in weeks :/
Its still a good game, especially if you play the older maps , but I do like the textures in CoD, and the whole look and feel of the game.
As I said somewhere else, its mental that I get 76 fps ( a "special" q3 setting ) absolutely rock solid in cod, at 1280-1024, in which res as you can imagine an already great looking game looks even better. Thats with maximum detail on everything too.
In dod its all over the place at 1024-768 :/

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
the older dod maps? heh all of the old dod maps from first beta have been revamped and messed with =/

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
throdgrain said:
Oddly enough my DoD has started working now, and even with ASE, which is a miracle, as my CS hasnt done that in weeks :/
Its still a good game, especially if you play the older maps , but I do like the textures in CoD, and the whole look and feel of the game.
As I said somewhere else, its mental that I get 76 fps ( a "special" q3 setting ) absolutely rock solid in cod, at 1280-1024, in which res as you can imagine an already great looking game looks even better. Thats with maximum detail on everything too.
In dod its all over the place at 1024-768 :/

Never had a problem with DoD on Steam to be honest although I do agree that the FPS are well and truly fubar on it. Its nearly unplayable on my spare T-Bird 800 avec Gforce 3 Ti200 + 512Mb SDRAM, which really does suck ass.
Runs at 75+ fps on my new system provided I don't use AA or anisotropic filtering and have V-sync off. Can have textures and details on max though :)

For the record Throddy, what do you have your AA and anisotropic set to on CoD when getting that lovely 76 fps figure??

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Conchabar said:
the older dod maps? heh all of the old dod maps from first beta have been revamped and messed with =/

Im rapidly coming to the conclusion you have very little knowledge but a lot of opinions.
The older maps? How old you talking ? dod_hill ? Or dod_caen, or caen 2 or what? fs.

Staz.
I always leave aa etc to game preference, at them high resolutions like 1280-1024 the game looks great anyway m8, particularly with everything on the highest settings.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
throdgrain said:
Im rapidly coming to the conclusion you have very little knowledge but a lot of opinions.

Opinions are like arseholes - everyone has one ;)

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Lazarus said:
Opinions are like arseholes - everyone has one ;)

or should that read "Everyones an arsehole with an opinion?"

You sort it out :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom