Day After Tomorrow..

Aada

Part of the furniture
Pretty decent film worth going to see just for the 40-50mins worth of mass destruction ^^

gets 4/5 from me

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Aada said:
Pretty decent film worth going to see just for the 40-50mins worth of mass destruction ^^

gets 4/5 from me

I'll be seeing that tonight, provided its not sold out. Can't wait :)

leggy

Probably Scottish
Distinctly average was my opinion anyway. Pretty sfx (not omg beautifully stunning) aside, I felt it was a little thin on the plot/science.

A good entertaining no brainer if you like that sort of thing.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
It's Summertime, the prime season for brainless actioners.

doop doop dee doop, moo.

Looking forward to this meself actually, could do with a fluff movie after what i've been watching the past few weeks.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, i'm a sucker for special effects, so i'll make this film a priority. :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The effects are staggering, the bit where New York gets owned by the sea is amazing.

That said, don't be expecting amazing dialogue or twisted plot lines, because you won't get it. Basically, its Independance Day, but weather instead of aliens,
and they still manage a happy ending! FUCK OFF.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Oh yeah, millions of people get killed (obviously), but you only see about 10 dead bodies! Titanic was very graphic in that regard, and it made the experience much more memorable. I want to see drowning bunny rabbits and headless schoolteachers ffs!

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
Good film. The kind of film you don't mind paying money to see, you get your moneys worth BUT it did not make me feel connected with the people, and there was no feeling of loss :(

Aada

Part of the furniture
well their yanks lol like they care if they loose a few million ppl. jk

but yes you got your moneys worth easy :)7

i liked the tornado in LA was cool

leggy

Probably Scottish
The world has been devastated but GOOD NEWS GUYZ 4 PEEPOL AER ALIVE IN NEW YORK (obviously the centre of the universe). Oh and the Americans aer the refugees now. Ironic twist of fate or bullshit story line? you tell me :)

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
They had a snow machine outside our cinema. Didnt even make enough for a snowball....

Tom

I am a FH squatter
How ironic. World doomed by man's overuse of its resources. Therefore advertise this with a big film, and spend money on pointless snow machines.

Round of applause, geniui!

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Nice film enjoyed it. Don't think I'll buy it though, probably isn't half as good on the small screen.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It was an amazing display of special effects, with a small story and an attempt at a message about destroying the world. Worth seeing alone for those effects.

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
I enjoyed it, it was everything I expected it to be and 100 times better than independance day. Definatly one I will be buying on DVD although like all my other DVDs will probally be watched once and then put on the shelf to gather dust.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
It's an especially average film. However;

I do love it when those three choppers go down, and the camera pans out to this gigamantic wall of cloud, and the guys all freeze instantly. \o/

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Sir Frizz said:

I do love it when those three choppers go down, and the camera pans out to this gigamantic wall of cloud, and the guys all freeze instantly. \o/
Dang. I went out for a pee break at that part. But yeay, as Tom says, it's Indepedence Day with weather instead of Aliens. And no Will Smith to lighten the tension with lines such as "Oh no you did NOT shoot that green shit at me".

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
I knew it would be crappy American disaster trash. My expectations were low and they were met. I went with my mum only because she was paying and I always enjoy the size of the screen and the surround Dolby sound.
Loved the sfx.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Bodhi said:
Dang. I went out for a pee break at that part.
It always boggles my mind when I see people do this in films. I can sort of understand the need for a pee break in a Lord of the Rings film or if you're 80, but can't people hold it for 2 hours?

I suppose it has something to do with the notion that we are afraid of being trapped in the cinema for a good few days. Why else would we buy 3 weeks worth of food for a 2 hour film ;)

pixel

Fledgling Freddie
i quite liked this film, i'm not really a fan of action type films either:)

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
hmmm, twister had better tornadeos, at least you got to see cows die :p
The special effects were good, but not near as much as I was expecting. A little dissapointed at that, most of the film was indoors and too isolated.

Half the world is freezing over and the film centers on one man and his son. Might have worked as a book, but in a film you don't give a shit about this kid and his floozie. You want to see scenes of mass destruction, people dying in their billions and... flying cows and stuff.

It doesn't give you a feel for the scale of events happening. For a big budget movie, there's no excuse not to show scenes from across europe, russia, asia etc.

Not something I'll watch again.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Escape said:
Half the world is freezing over and the film centers on one man and his son. Might have worked as a book, but in a film you don't give a shit about this kid and his floozie.
Come on. The guy wrote Independance Day, Stargate and The (Re-write history) Patriot. Never expect a brilliant story based screenplay from this guy ;)

Summo

Loyal Freddie
Sir Frizz said:

This was my favourite bit. I wanted to see more of this!
Specifically, when the pilot moves outside the helicopter, breaths in and freezes right where he is. Coolio!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom