Dave......Dave.......Dave.......

leggy

Probably Scottish
ah boo, I hate it when that happens. that said, I loved Enders Game so perhaps I should give it a go regardless.

You should. It makes little or no difference to how the story actually unfolds. Still really enjoyable.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
@babs - Stranger in a Strange Land - Robert A Heinlein.

Knew the title would come to me. It's fucking ace.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
2001 is utterly epic..the complete opposite of pew pew happy ending..it was an exploration of the reality of technology and its mundaneness..2061 and 3001 are really good thought provoking reads as well..still waiting for the movies.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Watched it last night in a Vue cinema in Bolton. It's well worth seeing - the colours on the restored version are gorgeous. The resolution is fantastic, no scratches, pops or clicks on the soundtrack - nothing. The models look amazing, they're incredibly detailed and look outstanding on the big screen. All the sets, even the studio stuff with early man, look absolutely gorgeous. I was looking around the insides of each space ship to see if I could spot any shoddy set building - there's nothing to see. It's all just absolutely perfect.

My only very minor criticism is that they seem to have tweaked the stars just after Frank has been murdered (they rotate now, rather than fall like rain), but it's only a minor thing.

Forget anything that's on Blu-Ray - the current cinematic release is amazing.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Thinking I might go in Thursday in the Broadway in Nottingham.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Leggy go and see it, it's a beautiful film. It polarises opinion but it's just something you have to see.

The ending is entirely open to interpretation.

Nate

FH is my second home
I think they're re releasing blade runner too :D

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Leggy go and see it, it's a beautiful film. It polarises opinion but it's just something you have to see.

Hopefully by the time I get around to seeing it I will have forgotten about your seemingly massive spoiler a couple of posts before. :)

leggy

Probably Scottish

I know the story well as I've read the book a few times. I'll definitely check it out tomorrow.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just come back from it. Really enjoyed it. Do it :)

Wish I hadn't taken the missus tho because the second it stopped she turned to me and loudly went "nope, still don't get it". Fucking atmos ruiner :(

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Yep if I'm going, I'm going on my own. Missus just gets that what the hells going face on with films like this

Tom

I am a FH squatter
In the scene where Dave is out replacing that antenna unit and Frank is watching, I thought the lighting and colours on Frank's shots were astonishing.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Frank and Dave were just the most perfect castings...they are both a bit unworldly themselves naturally.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
There's bound to be a final final one yet. So many different cuts of that film.
"I want more life [badlydubbed] father"...???!

At the pivotal scene between Roy Batty and Eldon Tyrell?

Get fucked. The final cut is a wanky cash-in.

More than that, Ridley Scott is a cunty advertising twat who had artistic integrity at the beginning of his career but has now come full circle and is now just a posh salesman.

Blade Runner 2... Just the sort of billboard poster that would appear in UBIK.

Or am I ranting about nothing, my would-be sober conscience @Wij?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
"I want more life [badlydubbed] father"...???!

At the pivotal scene between Roy Batty and Eldon Tyrell?

Get fucked. The final cut is a wanky cash-in.

More than that, Ridley Scott is a cunty advertising twat who had artistic integrity at the beginning of his career but has now come full circle and is now just a posh salesman.

Blade Runner 2... Just the sort of billboard poster that would appear in UBIK.

Or am I ranting about nothing, my would-be sober conscience @Wij?
Meh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom