Motoring Dashcams?

Gray

FH is my second home
Aye does seem quite meaty, both 720 and 1080 both produced corrupted data when recording as a test, but if i change the encoding from h.264 to h.263 the corrupted data ceases and you are free to record as normal. I'm probably interested in recording in 720p, just did a quick 5 second record (To check if it was corrupted or not) and it came in 750kb.

Also haven't yet tested what it's like at night yet, assume it will have lots of glare overall from streetlights and cars.

My usual journeys would only be <10 minutes so it won't be an excessive 30min-1hour everyday so i can keep it in check. Plus with the dashcam programs the files are split into seperate 10minute files, so you can pick anything.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Mine gets mighty hot when I record 1080p for more than 10 mins, and it has crashed a few times because of it. The quality of the 1080p video is great (for what it is) but it's meant for little clips rather than anything more substantial methinks.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
So, post-ski holiday I had to figure out what to do with my gopro.

I picked up a dual usb car charger ( for phone+gopro obv ) + automount + skeleton case, so now I'm using my hero 2 as a dashcam :p

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Nice, which mount setup are you using for that?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
ah, but that's a bus. Those drivers are exempt from all kinds of normal road rules donchaknow ;)

seriously: in my youth going to secondary school by bike here in NL, there was a bendy bit of road that had a tighter curve at it's apex. if you happened to be there on your bike while a bus was cornering, the body of the bus would overhang the bike lane and you'd be either crushed or forced on to the sidewalk. not a nice low curb like in your vid, but a high, sharp angled one too. I'm sure the bus drivers must have hated us kids, but fuck me they did try to kill us at every occasion 0o

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom