Darkness Rising Trailer

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Thadius said:
WoW got a lot of the younger population of gamers 10-15 with its easy gameplay and cartoony graphics

WOW is a glorified Runescape

Much better to keep this thread to DAoc discussion and leave the WoW comments in the consolidated WoW thread where you can argue whether the 2M+ WoW subscribers are 10-15 year olds.

Big flashy weapons, as mentioned above, have been in artwork for aeons. Also in literature. Lets hope the 'new' graphics doesn't turn into a lagfeast.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
no...they borrowed instances, mounts, the classes, the races the graphics (from disney) nobody fucking cares about wow, when are you fanboys going to realise that?

i didnt say i dont like daoc (just not toa and buffbots even tho i had one because rvr required it), at least i can talk sober about both games without going into a fanatical frenzy, unlike others here....... ;p

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
All current MMORPGs owe a lot to Ultima Online.

Screw wow it's merely a new born calf next to the ancient cashcow that is UO

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
So everyone will ride the same looking horses and use the same looking weapons?

Wait, it's already the case :).

Can't wait for the next dull PvE expansion, how many of you actually spent time in Catacombs?

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:

Can't wait for the next dull PvE expansion, how many of you actually spent time in Catacombs?

To a point it is, but you will see particular classses running around with the same weapon, unlike everyone running aroung with malice and battler. I am still a bit pissed off with mythic for being lazy when the made malice 1h crush (malice mace) but where to lazy to change the artwork to make it look like a hammer.

:m00:

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
scorge said:
To a point it is, but you will see particular classses running around with the same weapon, unlike everyone running aroung with malice and battler. I am still a bit pissed off with mythic for being lazy when the made malice 1h crush (malice mace) but where to lazy to change the artwork to make it look like a hammer.

:m00:

I have a Bruiser activated as a Pole Crush on my Armsman. It's being worn and I think also wielded in fight as a 2H weapon. Sucks.

I'd rather see the existing content being fixed than introducing new one, that's been my opinion in every game.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:

Loads of it.

The instance task dungeons are great for when you are solo/duo, and fancy a quick 30-60 minutes play.

The instance dungeons are great xp in a medium to large group, suiting perfectly a guild night out.

There is lots of interesting stuff to see (just had fun swimming under the water around the kobold buddha) in the non instance areas. Loads of mobs with interesting or unexpected behaviour.

If you don't like PvE, fair enough, but some of us want to do stuff other than pbaoe leech groups or necro powerlevelling on the way to 50.

Darzil

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Darzil said:
Loads of it.

The instance task dungeons are great for when you are solo/duo, and fancy a quick 30-60 minutes play.

The instance dungeons are great xp in a medium to large group, suiting perfectly a guild night out.

There is lots of interesting stuff to see (just had fun swimming under the water around the kobold buddha) in the non instance areas. Loads of mobs with interesting or unexpected behaviour.

If you don't like PvE, fair enough, but some of us want to do stuff other than pbaoe leech groups or necro powerlevelling on the way to 50.

Darzil

Yes, they are great exp wise, but they are dull in my opinion. Do not look good, do look all the same, same mobs and so on. The instances in WoW are far more interesting.

I leveled most of the exp on my Sorc in SI, and I still prefer to go to there than to Catacombs and hmm I think I half PvE and half RvR as I am working on some alts.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Actually..

Mythic is pretty brainless only giving players access to horses as mounts. I'd like a wee wold myself.. in a larger format perhaps..

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Manisch Depressiv said:

I have just leveled 2 level 50's on the classic server in catacombs :) its a great PvE expantion :p and DR looks to be another good expantion :) if you dont like it you dont have to buy it and if your not happy for the game quit and leave the ppl that are happy playing alone :p

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Manisch Depressiv said:
Yes, they are great exp wise, but they are dull in my opinion. Do not look good, do look all the same, same mobs and so on. The instances in WoW are far more interesting.

I leveled most of the exp on my Sorc in SI, and I still prefer to go to there than to Catacombs and hmm I think I half PvE and half RvR as I am working on some alts.

yeah wow High Level instances are great spend 4 to 6 hours doing a raid to mabey get an item if your lucky yeah that sounds great to me :p

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:
All current MMORPGs owe a lot to Ultima Online.

Screw wow it's merely a new born calf next to the ancient cashcow that is UO

UO was a mmorpg experiment, i remember how the beta was a "do whatever you want" game and 4 years later it was a "everquest carebear" game ;p
Was quite fun, but was a completely different game at the end and lost its charm...

yeah wow High Level instances are great spend 4 to 6 hours doing a raid to mabey get an item if your lucky yeah that sounds great to me :p

I did over 40 sidi raids in daoc, they took an average of 6 hours, and i did 16 raids just to get a single sword (which became completely worthless when toa was relased, thx mythic -.- )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom