Darkness Rising crash problem

X

xGenocidex

I did see the other thread refering to this :) I tried both what was listed there and none of it worked :( I'll try describe as best I can what happens exactly.. basically I can be playing then all of a sudden DAOC freezes and comes up with an Error box it doesnt specificly say what could be causing it or give an error code it simply freezes and I press "Do not send error report" to shut it off ;/ using a Radeon 9800pro atm with latest drivers (I tried the 5.2 drivers also) to no avail someone out there that has had the same problem and fixed it?

Skg

Fledgling Freddie
The 6.1 Catalyst drivers should fix the crash issues according to the release notes..

"737-20794: Dark Age of Camelot: The game exits to the desktop immediately after launching, or may play for up to 15 minutes followed by a VPU Recover error message being displayed

The information in this article applies to the following configuration(s):
Radeon 9800
Windows XP
Dark Age of Camelot
The game exits to the desktop immediately after launching, or may play for up to 15 minutes followed by a VPU Recover error message being displayed

To correct this issue, download and install Catalyst 6.1 or higher.
"

luribeauty

Fledgling Freddie
Make sure you uninstall any previous drivers before you install 6.1 otherwise it can still cause problems.

X

xGenocidex

uninstalled previous drivers / installed latest catalyst drivers = no difference does exactly the same

Vulcan

Fledgling Freddie
Got exactly the same problem as thread starter, but mine points to a game dll........I dont have any ATi drivers on my PC, I use the Nvidea 6800GT.

I cant copy or write the error down to send to GOA to find exactly what the problem is its not on screen long enough to capture it before the PC closes its self down and restarts. Also for no reason I can find the game just drops out to d/t as though someone has switched the PC off.

This is on all clients since the DR expansion I have updated all network drivers, deleted and reisntelled all the clients but still get the lockup/error msg and crashes.

X

xGenocidex

i totally take everything i said about omega drivers fixing it :p its still crashing :/ also points to dll

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom