Darkness Rising could (should) be free!

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
DR is already in testing under 1.80 and I imagine there needs to be gold disks and the likes (even if it's just download though I believe GOA are doing boxes after the US launch showed a lot of people like to have the CDs)

1.81 _just_ went live in the US - GOA won't see the files for a few weeks till mythic decide it's stable (for reference it took a month for 1.80 to finish)

Would be nice to have 1.81 sooner I agree but I don't see it happening with DR launch.

Yes, I agree with your analysis Flimgoblin.

My point was, that it would be -nice- if they waited with DR release so they could include 1.81.

There is nothing particular interesting in 1.80 for me. However 1.81 is interesting.

If they release 1.80 in February their next patch will be 1.81 + 1.82. Which then most likely won't arrive until late April / early May.

Alternatively, they could ofcourse just do a 1.81 release late February. That would be a first time though and thus seems extremely unlikely considering GoA's track record.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
can see how well that'd be taken ;)

"OMGZ THEY DELAYED DR FOR 1.81 WTF?!!!"

I doubt delaying DR would speed up 1.81 anyway.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Technically 1.81 isn't even finished yet. They're still rolling out debugging patches, and it wouldn't be the first time that a single patchnumber has several releases before it's done.

I.e. Pendragon gets 1.81a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, etc. The 'live' version of DAOC on the other servers gets release 1.81a (which contains 1.81a, b, c, d) and 1.81b (which contains 1.81e, f, g).

For all we know, there'll be more 1.81 releases on Pendragon before they decide 1.81 is done. :)

living

Fledgling Freddie
Sye said:
Lemmie get this straight, you dont have access to the new epic armours unless you buy the expansion ??

pretty sure u do actually =) But never raid it so i don't really know either. :) But they are removeing the old epics for all, and i doubt players without DR will have no epic quests :D

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Tesla Monkor said:
Technically 1.81 isn't even finished yet. They're still rolling out debugging patches, and it wouldn't be the first time that a single patchnumber has several releases before it's done.

I.e. Pendragon gets 1.81a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, etc. The 'live' version of DAOC on the other servers gets release 1.81a (which contains 1.81a, b, c, d) and 1.81b (which contains 1.81e, f, g).

For all we know, there'll be more 1.81 releases on Pendragon before they decide 1.81 is done. :)

1.80 was kicking around for a month after it released - mainly because people were hitting a cap on the number of abilities you're allowed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom