Games Darkfall

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i tried the beta

what can i say

a bigger pile of fail i have not seen in a long time, and that include tabula rasa

admittedly the actual game holds no interest for me, but the interface is shoddy as fuck, the gfx are cack, and its out soon ?

looks like an early beta :\

but good luck with it , see you in 2 months with the "oh god its shit waa waa" threads ;)

Everz

FH is my second home
i tried the beta

what can i say

a bigger pile of fail i have not seen in a long time, and that include tabula rasa

admittedly the actual game holds no interest for me, but the interface is shoddy as fuck, the gfx are cack, and its out soon ?

looks like an early beta :\

but good luck with it , see you in 2 months with the "oh god its shit waa waa" threads ;)

From what i've seen/played:

The ui is awesome
I've no care for graphics, I play daoc with classic models/classic looks, if you play games for graphics then that is purely shallow.
It seemed good fun so far, more fun the WAR has turned about to be at least.

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
ive read about it, and will prolly give it a try.

1 question though, is it just pvp orientated?

Everz

FH is my second home
ive read about it, and will prolly give it a try.

1 question though, is it just pvp orientated?

It's a UO style game, so yes, mostly PvP/Clan orientated, still a place for gear though.

Mey

Part of the furniture
The game is like Duke Nukem. It's been in dev. so long the graphics are probably from about 10 years ago :p

Everz

FH is my second home
The game is like Duke Nukem. It's been in dev. so long the graphics are probably from about 10 years ago :p

There actually pretty decent if im honest, old maybe, but they suit my PC perfectly. :D

Mey

Part of the furniture
Infact I can remeber getting really exicited about this in high school so like what 7 years ago. I was playing TTRPG's like pendragon at the time and the idea of being able to have a "family" of characters was awesome.

I.e you play you son's son's grandson after an x amount of time, not bothered to look into if they ever introduced that particular feature.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
aim, click mouse button fastest and strafe out of sight?

I'll stick to daoc :eek:

Everz

FH is my second home
aim, click mouse button fastest and strafe out of sight?

I'll stick to daoc :eek:

reaction+anytime whilst strafing around like a nutcase, run through ftw (light tank)

or

/face macro plus 1 + debuff macro whilst nuke panning, combined with small screen lag casting for bonus effect, strafing like a pro once hit (caster)

or

/stick macro and reaction+anytime, if time goes back, strafe around and run through when possible (heavy tank)

:fluffle:

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
No thanks, Jumpgate Evolution for me. I have two friends in Darkfall beta and it is so pitiful they have given thier accounts away, that tells me everything I need to know.

Everz

FH is my second home
No thanks, Jumpgate Evolution for me. I have two friends in Darkfall beta and it is so pitiful they have given thier accounts away, that tells me everything I need to know.

I keep hearing drips and draps about this, whats it like?

CorNokZ

It looks a bit like Asherons Call tbh.. And I never want to play that or anything like it again!

Everz

FH is my second home
It looks a bit like Asherons Call tbh.. And I never want to play that or anything like it again!

dont say that, dre4d0g will wtfpwn you n00b ass for that shizzle homie.

:(

AC was quality btw mate

CorNokZ

Yeah, few of my friends played.. Called Busk and Kallekoks I think it was? Can't remember, but they say it was ace :)

Laddey

FH is my second home
Well, thats made my mind up.

Fuck darkfall

Everz

FH is my second home
In all fairness, best judge will be yourself, the opinions of other matter not.

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
In all fairness, best judge will be yourself, the opinions of other matter not.

Tbh, it looks like crap gfx speaking. BUT am hoping the gameplay will be awsome! :p

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
It looks great. If you have a fairly organized guild it will probably be even better.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Those videos you linked were fucking terrible. Everz I fully understand why you'd want to try and defend this game so that people will be curious to give it a try, but those videos just push me (and I assume alot of other people) farther and farther away from purchasing it.

Everz

FH is my second home
Those videos you linked were fucking terrible. Everz I fully understand why you'd want to try and defend this game so that people will be curious to give it a try, but those videos just push me (and I assume alot of other people) farther and farther away from purchasing it.

True, they are the first 2 vids when i typed in Darkfall on youtube however.. Hell.. it's the only true PvP game out there atm so its a winner for me as DAoC pvp servers are finished :(.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
True, they are the first 2 vids when i typed in Darkfall on youtube however.. Hell.. it's the only true PvP game out there atm so its a winner for me as DAoC pvp servers are finished :(.

I would love a pvp heavy game as I spent most of my daoc time on camlann, however the one major thing which makes me avoid this game is how your items can be taken once you die. I dont care if I can have copies of the armour in my vault, i dont think this 'idea' should feature in the game.

Everz

FH is my second home
I would love a pvp heavy game as I spent most of my daoc time on camlann, however the one major thing which makes me avoid this game is how your items can be taken once you die. I dont care if I can have copies of the armour in my vault, i dont think this 'idea' should feature in the game.

Yeh, i wouldnt mind if it took loot in pack.. but equiped loot sucks.

There is the mordred PvP shard thoough.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Oh my gods abve that looks like it belongs to pre-EQ times :eek7:

Not to mention i saw another video that showed some PVE content and it was basically:

Shoot.
Shoot.
Shoot.
Shoot.
Shoot.
*headplant on desk*
Shoot.
Goblin dies.
Loot.
Shoot.
Shoot.
Shoot self.

I mean, i know MMOs are grind and all that, but atleast in other games you SEEM to be doing something else then repeating something until your dead.

Sar

Part of the furniture
Actually reminds me of DAoC on launch.

Same sort of areas, same sort of graphics!

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Oh my gods abve that looks like it belongs to pre-EQ times :eek7:

Not to mention i saw another video that showed some PVE content and it was basically:

Shoot.
Shoot.
Shoot.
Shoot.
Shoot.
*headplant on desk*
Shoot.
Goblin dies.
Loot.
Shoot.
Shoot.
Shoot self.

I mean, i know MMOs are grind and all that, but atleast in other games you SEEM to be doing something else then repeating something until your dead.

I'd rather play an MMO which doesn't pretend its something that it in fact is not. Or put something in a nice package to cover its flaws. When i look at Darkfall, i see pure fun!

Oh, watching trailers does not in any way make any game justice, especially graphics wise.

Zenith

Part of the furniture

If you know nothing about the game when you get into beta, it might prove to be quite weird. However, if you are in a guild, believe me, its awesome. Even in betaversion of the game.

Im in the only major elven only guild the Oromea, have been having a blast building our city and raiding into the Mahirim and Alfar lands :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom