Games Darkfall: Unholy Wars

LordjOX

Part of the furniture

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
I actually think it looks interesting. Never played original Darkfall either, but from what I have gathered it seems like one of those old school mmos that used to have a very strong community. There doesn't seem to be much hype about the game, which could be seen as a bad sign considering release date soon is due, but then again all games that recieve massive hype usually fails to deliver anyways.

Might actually give this a try

Everz

FH is my second home
I actually think it looks interesting. Never played original Darkfall either, but from what I have gathered it seems like one of those old school mmos that used to have a very strong community. There doesn't seem to be much hype about the game, which could be seen as a bad sign considering release date soon is due, but then again all games that recieve massive hype usually fails to deliver anyways.

Might actually give this a try

More because Darkfall release went horrible and the game was incredibly buggy for most of it's life, only towards the end did it settle down.

I'm looking forward to it though, no more 'jack of all trades' classes but more unique roles which should make it more fun. It was the ultimate sandbox game much like Asherons Call, so if you like that, then you will like Darkfall.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
It is currently #1 voted on mmorpg.com for games under development, so the hype is there for the player community atleast. Just that the developers meet them with a wall of silence. This seems very odd for a game that is supposed to be released in only 2 days.

If that happens, I'll try it out and make a writeup here.

I do prefer systems based MMOs rather than content based ones, so players make their own flavour of side through clans and alliances rather than fight for red/green/blue.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Looks interesting, especially now that they've learned from the mistakes. The "make the whole map of interest to the clans" should make this very pvp heavy.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Looks interesting, especially now that they've learned from the mistakes. The "make the whole map of interest to the clans" should make this very pvp heavy.
It seems the entire game is focused around clans, alliances and PvP warfare. With basic PvE, harvesting, crafting and trading systems to keep the PvP ecosystem interesting.

Aada

Part of the furniture

Have they learned though? it will be interesting if they put out a buggy shit pile like the last time, they burned a lot of their fans with what they put out and many will be holding out to see how this one fairs first.

Personally i won't touch it at all i held out from buying into the whole Darkfall shit when they finally released it and very happy i did because it was pure garbage, but i wasn't surprised as it was made by a bunch of Greeks working in their parents basement.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Have they learned though?
I think this is the question their entire fanbase and all the curious potential gamers are asking right now...

Technically it was made by a bunch of norwegians in their parents basement, then merged with a small greek software firm. Later they moved all production to Greece because of reduced costs

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
No big surprise here. Release delayed until January 2013 earliest

Pre-orders supposed to come this friday. Beta access with pre-orders from Monday 17 December

Everz

FH is my second home
I reckon we get a little island off the coast and hidden away. Then we can rule the world.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
A little update here, beta server went up this morning. There is very much noise around this on the official forums.

I would hold off any pre-orders to wait and see how it is a few months after it launches.

Aada

Part of the furniture
lol what happened when the servers went up?

Aada

Part of the furniture
Lol just read around a few forums, game is bugged to fuck and they are releasing this in January?

I'm sorry LordJox but wtf were you thinking when you handed money over to these guys?

I wouldn't download the game if it were free that's how highly i rate these bunch of twats, don't get me wrong I've thrown a lot of money at MMO's since 1999 but there comes a point when you know that games like these are gonna be a stinker.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
I tested the beta for like 15mins before I crashed and could not log back in again. The gameplay itself is not that shabby to be fair. Except everything around is shitty. Company, gameclient, patcher, login server, community on official forums.

But yeah, right now it is bugged to shit

Just right now, don't pre-order it at all. Yes it's beta, but this was after all their release candidate version for the 2nd release date.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Original was brutal, played it for a few weeks. Like EVE with swords and no safe zones, full looting etc.

Aada

Part of the furniture
The idea is a nice and something the fantasy mmo genre needs, we just need a decent dev team to do it but it's a niche market and isn't viable long term.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Client, server and lobby has been stabilised greatly the last few days. In DFUW they have taken a leaf out of EVE and made safe zones around the NPC cities

On a different topic. SOE are gearing EQ Next to be more like a sandbox with player-driven interactions. They have great success with Planetside so maybe more will follow.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
The idea is a nice and something the fantasy mmo genre needs, we just need a decent dev team to do it but it's a niche market and isn't viable long term.

You're never going to get a major company to make a game like this. The concept is just way to niche for them to bother with it. Or if they do it won't be nearly the same thing as they have to cater to more then the die hard grievers in order to please investors and crap..

On a different topic. SOE are gearing EQ Next to be more like a sandbox with player-driven interactions. They have great success with Planetside so maybe more will follow.

I doubt it. SOE is in a bit of a panic financially right now, they won't take a risk this big anytime soon, if ever... They might make a sandbox MMO but nothing like even remotely close to darkfall pvp wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom