Games Darkfall Online

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's true, grayganking might become a problem.

I know i'd take my leave if i started to PAY for a game and then was unable to play because some guild decides it's "fun" to destroy new guys AND steal all their useless cr*p.

And you know someone will.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
If Legend of Mir, the only completely open world PvP game i've played, is anything to go by, people will get bored of ganking quickly. People will also quickly learn to move in groups.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I think they will find some kind of middleway when it comes to the PvP. And for the "class" structure, its brilliant. Always thought it was boring and stupid how it was made originally. But then again, we don't know what will pass through the beta stage and the final stage of release.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
@Ctuchik

You have made alot of assumptions based on nothing really as they havent mentioned any specific information on most of those points (closed beta has been pretty tightly guarded), and some of what you say is just wrong :p

We know at minimum the capital cities and areas around them will be "safe zones" the same way the major space stations in eve are because of guard patrols and such
Considering it is not a game where quests are repeated (i.e. once you kill the boss he is dead and a new one will spawn in another location), "gankers" won't be able to camp x encounter as once its killed it will no longer be there so the game if done properly will be spread out by design

As for gray ganking we don't know what the reward system is for killing a player, and we don't know the importance of equipment (although according to interviews it isn't as important as most mmo's they didnt elaborate further in the things i have read)
Some people may do it for kicks but if it is worth nothing most people wont bother getting a "criminal" flag so every npc and guard attacks them on sight :p
Also if they are camping outside a capital city, you may not be worth anything (however frustrating losing your gear is you will spawn with basic replacements) but they definitely are so unless they hang around in packs in which case they can be avoided they will find they get zerged pretty quickly as if they are flagged there are no concequences for killing them

One thing i dont like so far is the spells they look awful in their current form

But all that said the only alternative at the moment in development is Mortal Online which is a fps so i am not really all that keen on it

Chronictank

FH is my second home
You have made alot of assumptions based on nothing really as they havent mentioned any specific information on most of those points (closed beta has been pretty tightly guarded), and some of what you say is just wrong :p

no your not, u'l be killed just as much regardless if ur part of a decent guild or not.

especially if the one that kills you is ALSO part of a decent guild. or an even bigger guild.

or just out to grief ppl as a solo player without a guild that just rerolls when he's on everyones KOS list.

many ppl today just dont care aslong as they can grief others, they will be happy to reroll.
*shrug* thats the nature of mmo's, their failing is the people that play them

and the significant difference with eve and this game that ppl havent mentioned yet is that in eve there are safe space, sure u can get killed there to but then its either because your corp is in a war or u pissed someone off really really much that they think a suicide gank is worth it.

afaik u wont have safe haevens in darkfall. or atleast nothing compared to eve's safe space.
We know at minimum the capital cities and areas around them will be "safe zones" the same way the major space stations in eve are because of guard patrols and such
Considering it is not a game where quests are repeated (i.e. once you kill the boss he is dead and a new one will spawn in another location), "gankers" won't be able to camp x encounter as once its killed it will no longer be there so the game if done properly will be spread out by design (similar to eve)

and you can loot dead ships in eve to, but that will flag u for the items owner that can blow u up even in safe space, darkfall wont have that either.
You are flagged if you take anyones kit, if you do it more than once (no specific mention of how many times), you are flagged as red
Which means the NPC guards will attack you on sight rather than when you do something

not to mention that there wont be a clear class structure, everyone will end up running with the ultimate WTFPWN specc.
Its a increasing curve the more skill points you gain, so for example (completely arbitrary numbers) if it takes you a week to max out axe spec, it will take you a month to max out spells so on and so forth increasing in time for every disipline you add

i doubt there will be many, if any pure healers in this game as most of the time burst damage > heals. and as theres no class structure in this game, everyone can and will get all the best damage skills.
Assumptions based on no real info yet, and yes everyone can get most damage skills but you need alot more time to get them rather than getting to lvl x and having nothing to do
Why shouldn't they though? It is pretty feasible a person can learn how to swing an axe then go and learn how to be a medic isn't it?
I am sure there will be people who level everything but if they are willing to spend the ridiculous ammount of time to do it then why shouldnt they

As for gray ganking we don't know what the reward system is for killing a player, and we don't know the importance of equipment (although according to interviews it isn't as important as most mmo's they didnt elaborate further in the things i have read)
Also if they are camping outside a capital city, you may not be worth anything (however frustrating losing your gear is you will spawn with basic replacements) but they definitely are so unless they hang around in packs in which case they can be avoided they will find they get zerged pretty quickly as if they are flagged there are no concequences for killing them

One thing i dont like so far is the spells they look awful in their current form

But all that said the only alternative at the moment in development is Mortal Online which is a fps so i am not really all that keen on it

edit: hmm duno why that happened but ignore the post above

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
well assumptions is what most ppl on this board do best so might aswell jump in there to ;)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
things change so i'll look at the game once its released. paul barnett is a prime example of empty promises

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Don't really understand why they put so much effort into a game that only speaks to a minorty of gamers. Not many like loosing gear on death. Wont touch this game. I like pvp but i dont like to loose that item i farmed a few days for to get. Like that "korean" game a few years back, got my sword after 3 days of griding, not seeing a soul, ran back to town, got jumped by a fg and lost my sword.

But if this game is great for the pvpers then i'm happy for them, just not my cup of tea.

Uara

Part of the furniture
I'll probably try it, i'm not really a fan of losing items on death, tis one of the big things that annoyed me no ends when I played Eve, but it might be a bit of fun at least for a while anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom