Dark and Light

K

k0ugar

anyone seen this new rpg?... i think it looks very very good.. characters look a lil dodgy compared to daoc, but overall i thing its a winner.. , any of you guys know anything about it feel free to tell meh, trying to make my mind up, daoc or DnL

S

Sibanac

unless i am mistaken the game is still in beta.
So knde hard to tell if it will be anygood or not

R

--Random--

horizons4tehwin

absolutely trashes daoc in every aspect lol

O

old.Dillinja

Originally posted by --Random--
horizons4tehwin

That's what you said about Eve.

S

Sibanac

horizons4tehwin

except gfx and rvr, but hey crafting is realy nice :p

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by old.Dillinja

thats actualy what they say about any new mmorpg that comes out, one they they will actualy be right aswell

K

k0ugar

aye it is in beta phase, but i mean like looks wise, and general technical stuff, about the game, ... anyway.. by the looks of things, daoc needs to improve on alot of things,.

havent paid much attention to horizons.. no pvp is there??

R

--Random--

Originally posted by old.Dillinja

only reason i stopped eve is because for some reason every time i played i felt violantly sick.

horizons seriously is just a better game than daoc lol. better graphics, far more depth, far far more to do, more involving combat, more fun questing, more quests, more races, more classes.. its just better. horizons is basically a blend of daoc and EQ. takes all the good from each and none of the bad.

K

k0ugar

thing is, i only ever play one rpg at a time..., so i want a real good one, ive looked at horizons b4.. and it sounded good, but isint it just more of a craft based thing? no pvp n stuff?

im gonna go chek the site now

R

--Random--

it isnt purely craft, i've not done crafting atall since i got it lol. but it has no pvp atall, which is good imo. eq hasnt got any pvp atall and its the best selling mmorpg of all time, and its still got the most players, after 4 years.

R

Ravenbourne

best selling means nothing, look at the spicegirls

K

k0ugar

rofl

i prefer pvp in these kinda games.. means u get the satisfaction outta ruining sumones evening, or making sum kid cry, if only 4 a while.. mwhahaha!

R

--Random--

yea but all too often its you that'll get your day ruined lol. thats the thing about pvp, its either extreem enjoyment or extreem irritation. and tbh i'd rather just have the normal enjoyment of a non pvp game without it being ruined by some toss pot thinking he's better than me. when he aint.

K

Kallio

yea but all too often its you that'll get your day ruined lol. thats the thing about pvp, its either extreem enjoyment or extreem irritation. and tbh i'd rather just have the normal enjoyment of a non pvp game without it being ruined by some toss pot thinking he's better than me. when he aint.

Endless PvE?

OK, I´ve bashed monsters the last 5months and I have reached level 100 which is the cap!

What can I do now?

BASH MORE MONSTERS!!!!! Wheee...

:rolleyes:

edit: DnL sure looks good :)

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Kallio
Endless PvE?

OK, I´ve bashed monsters the last 5months and I have reached level 100 which is the cap!

What can I do now?

BASH MORE MONSTERS!!!!! Wheee...

:rolleyes:

If you dont enjoy the way to the cap, you shouldnt play a pve game and if you do enjoy it then bashing some more mobs wont so boring :p and you can always try a new class out :).

K

Kallio

Originally posted by Driwen
If you dont enjoy the way to the cap, you shouldnt play a pve game and if you do enjoy it then bashing some more mobs wont so boring :p and you can always try a new class out :).

yeah, but my point was kinda that leveling in this game is fun because you have a purpose for it(ok, call it whatever you want)

but, everything aims at being good in RvR.

and personally I wouldnt play a MMORPG without PvP :)

R

--Random--

yeah, but my point was kinda that leveling in this game is fun because you have a purpose for it(ok, call it whatever you want)

mmorpgs arent about pvp, they're about rpging, hense the name. as i said before, eq has hardly any pvp, its nearly 100% pve based.. yet its one of the most satisfying and enjoying games anyone could ever hope for. simply because of the sheer size and the sheer number of things to do. with daoc you can lvl to 50 in about a month and then do pvp, which is when the game basically ends coz pvp is crap in daoc. but with eq you can be playing for a number of years without ever even getting a char to the highest level. when you DO reach the very top and theres nothing whatsoever to do (highly unlikely, takes about a year), u can then start again with another character and do different stuff with that char. its much the same with horizons.. it'll take a long time to get to the max lvl (think its 120).. as lvling seems relatively slow already at lvl 18.

D

Driwen

you didnt get my point, I was saying if you do not enjoy bashing mobs you shouldnt play a PvE game. You only enjoy bashing mobs so you can RvR. Without RvR you wouldnt enjoy bashing the mobs and you wouldnt play the game.
Some people do enjoy just PvE, doing quests trying to kill mobs without getting killed or just smashing mobs while playing with friends. I was just saying that for some people the way to the level cap is as much just as enjoyable as reaching the cap and then going on with PvE.

You enjoy PvE'ing in daoc for the reward, for hitting the cap and being able to RvR. That is something different than trully enjoying smashing mobs (yes some people actually enjoy that).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom