Dark Age of Camelot: New Frontiers

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
Dark Age of Camelot: New Frontiers :clap:

Have been watching the Frontiers sites progress, and incase you havent been keeping upto date with the sites advancements, heres a update regarding the realm abilities system.

-

Basic RA System Changes

Here is a list of basic information about our design direction with the revamp of the RA system. We will be publishing specific information about these changes over the next few weeks and months, including a complete list of all abilities, point costs, and allowable classes.
Standardization of RP Costs.

Each RA will fall into one of two categories: RAs with five levels and RAs with three levels. We'll publish the list of abilities and costs in the near future.

Each RA is being analyzed for usefulness. Some that are deemed not useful will be cut entirely.

"Free" Class Special RAs. Instead of the very powerful ten and fourteen point class specific RAs of the old system, the new system will grant each class a free RA at Realm Rank 5. Most of these will be on a ten or fifteen minute timer based on power.

"Free" Abilities based on player level or spec level. Additionally, some classes will receive what were former RAs that are deemed to be essential to their nature automatically as they reach certain levels and spec levels. We will publish a full list of these along with the other specific Realm Ability changes in a few weeks.

Rebalance of Power and Timers. No RA will have a timer longer then 20 minutes, and in most cases, timers will be in the 5-15 minute range. With the reduction in reuse time will come a commensurate reduction in power. Additionally, RAs that were far too potent will be toned down while RAs that are unused will be eliminated or made more effective.

Scaling Return. The new system will have a much better scaling of return for the purchase of higher tier RAs. There will still be a very pronounced scale, where purchasing level one of an RA will provide a better return on investment than purchasing level two but the scaling is designed to encourage players to spec higher in specific RAs, allowing for more diversity in RA templates.

Homogenization of Class RAs. The RAs previously known as "Class Special RAs" will now be available to classes in other Realms that share the same archetype. For example, Druids, Healers, and Clerics (all sharing the healer archetype) will each be able to purchase redesigned Bunker of Faith.

Because this is an entirely new Realm Ability system, all characters will start Frontiers with all their RA points refunded and unspent.

-

Had to remove picture's of new keeps cos they broke or summit :(

For more info click link below! :D

http://www.camelotherald.com/newfrontiers/index.php

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Teh FnoRd said:
And this haven't been posted how many times allready? ;)

I count 6, but every time i read it i get a warm tingly feeling so i let it slide :)

Cyviel

Fledgling Freddie
Archeon said:
I count 6, but every time i read it i get a warm tingly feeling so i let it slide :)

that would be the urine running down your trouser leg, stop wetting yourself i cant wait either tho!! free Ra at RR5, plus free RA's every so many lvls? !!! woot!!

Twisted

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah.. well its all gonna be heavily delayed while Mythic take the nerf bat to ToA .... they realized they made the whole thing WAY overpowered ... now theres a thing ...

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Skip EU Toa release and boost EU Frontier release! :clap:
Wonder what the yanks would say if we got frontiers before them? :D
(Please do not underestimate my intelligens by thinking that I actually belive this to happen and flame me for a thought I had! Thanks in advance! ;) )

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Cyviel said:
that would be the urine running down your trouser leg, stop wetting yourself

*Looks down*

Hmm... i think you might be onto somthing there, i was starting to wonder why my buttocks were feeling clammy ;)

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
Soz ;-)

Only wanted to inform people who havent been watching the sites progress that its been updated again.

:m00:

Skeggi

Fledgling Freddie
waok`whips said:
"Free" Abilities based on player level or spec level. Additionally, some classes will receive what were former RAs that are deemed to be essential to their nature automatically as they reach certain levels and spec levels. We will publish a full list of these along with the other specific Realm Ability changes in a few weeks.

Dunno if anyone noticed this as well or commented on it, but it seems to me, that besides the given free RA respec, we'll also need at least a free single line respec.

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Cyviel said:
that would be the urine running down your trouser leg, stop wetting yourself i cant wait either tho!! free Ra at RR5, plus free RA's every so many lvls? !!! woot!!

you´re teh fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom