Dark Age of Camelot - Caledonia style catchup event.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Sounds like they've basically copied the phoenix event?

Where ever the idea came from its a nice one, they need more stuff like that on live to get people back. Just need a plat/item catchup event now :p

Solic Archers

Can't get enough of FH
It's great to see that they've finally got a new event after all these years but I agree with the previous post. If it wasn't for phoenix they would of never made an event like this. It shows how broadsword lack in creativity and can only take.ideas off other games because they don't have any of their own. I still think phoenix content is much better than live and gives you the full experience of what daoc was. Live is none existent and just isn't daoc. But at the end of the day it's whatever u prefer semi classic / broadsword shit show version.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Classic and I will jump right on it. Not really happy with the direction of Phoenix atm, boosting casters with all the debuff shenanigans and boosting casters again, and sins with the AOM nerf.

They aren't interested in solo, the BG will zerg regardless of changes so they just focus on 8v8, which hardly anyone does anyway.

...and one of the GMs is a massive, up his own arse, prick.

Edit, not that BS have any intention or will to create a classic server. They could launch it on Steam if they really wanted to, now EA are on there. Free to play model with a paid option for a various QOL upgrades, perhaps crafting buffs, xp/rp boost buffs, the ability to duel log, maybe even via a single client in exchange for a sub...and fuck it, straight up copy some good things from phoenix, the feather currency, the ROG crafting and upgrading, the RvR objectives but add things like a realm task that lasts a week, take X enemies relic, get 20k RPs

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Trying it out at the moment, it's different than Phoenix's event

- Gear doesn't drop from players
- You get a 200% BP buff while in the BG's so you can buy BP gear fairly easy
- It's not a PVP ruleset (I hope they change this because at prime time people will just be running around in Battlegroups otherwise)

Solic Archers

Can't get enough of FH
Trying it out at the moment, it's different than Phoenix's event

- Gear doesn't drop from players
- You get a 200% BP buff while in the BG's so you can buy BP gear fairly easy
- It's not a PVP ruleset (I hope they change this because at prime time people will just be running around in Battlegroups otherwise)

Yeah, when I saw this I thought it would be exactly like the PvP ruleset from phoenix but actually it's just similar to what they do in their other battleground events on live except for the leveling bit. Nothing really special and the same old boring broadsword.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Yeah, when I saw this I thought it would be exactly like the PvP ruleset from phoenix but actually it's just similar to what they do in their other battleground events on live except for the leveling bit. Nothing really special and the same old boring broadsword.

they do seem to be making changes as its on tho so i guess they are listening to feedback, they added a 200% xp/rp buff on top of the BP buff before and ported everyone back to the keep to get the buff.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
They should just make a insta 50 server and have battlegrounds with reduced RPS divided up by realm ranks and have RR7/8+ as open RvR.

Fuck gear.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
They really need PVP ruleset enabled for this, just groups following each other otherwise.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Seems you only get exp from completing kill tasks as well, that's a bit crap because there's nothing soloers can do that have been outleveled.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Tried purely solo as a visible, I wanted to see how much of a catchup event it is

Level 5 in 4 hours solo... lol, I think 4 hours soloing pve you can probably get to 40+

You just get steamrolled by groups and/or you find nothing but purple con players and due to how the exp rewards are structured it makes for a very tedious/slow experience.

Summary - its an event made purely for grouping, if you want to play solo don't bother

1615066179239.png

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
18.22 rps/hour

Jeeeeeeeeeeeez

They defo need to make something that's tiered if they're going to do anything; making an old school server will be great for 3 months until Drachengarde and their like will already be RR13 KOSing

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'll stomach it and give it a go overnight, see how I feel tomorrow. They are making changes still so a final verdict might change.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Seems its 5-7 thats the problem, once you get 7+ you start doing alright because you have a fair amount of spec points and the bonus level of items start to kick in.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Welp was playing it most of the night, its not bad I guess, some classes are pure shit to try and level solo tho.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Event updated

The Catch Up in Caledonia Event was a huge hit over the weekend with thousands of characters leveling through the event so far in its first 3 days.

With today marking the start of the 4th day, new character creation for the event is now disabled.

• Characters still in the level 1-4 and level 1-9 areas can now visit their realm's Teleporter NPC to [advance] to the level 10+ battleground and then speak with the Caledonia Event Coordinator to receive level 10 and some bounty points!
  • Day 4 means a current level cap of 30! Don't worry if you're still far behind, with the Caledonia Boost buff, lower levels can still compete!
Thanks to all that have and will continue to participate in the event, we have loved every minute of it and hope you have too!

Feedback on the event has been tremendous and we've already made several tweaks to it. We look forward to going over more feedback as the event continues so that we can make the next iteration even better!

Here are some of the updates to the event in case you missed them in our official discord channel:
  • Random teleport locations have been improved to no longer send characters into the keep areas.
  • Added a Caledonia Boost buff to level 1 characters and characters that are 7 levels or more below the current level cap.
    • This buff drastically reduces damage received and massively increases damage dealt on these characters so that they can better compete against higher levels.
  • Resurrection sickness is removable by the Healer NPC in the level 1-4 and 5-9 areas.
  • The buff NPC now offers a free buff token to level 1-2 characters.
  • The bounty merchant now has power-heal and power-regen potions for sale.
  • The pet collector NPC is now available for charm classes.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Do we know the numbers? How many people were on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom