Dark age of camelot - Brightness issues

Poox

Loyal Freddie
Dark age of camelot - Brightness issues

In the day it is perfect.

But at night, I cannot see a thing.. I don't seem to have any brightening thing's on my screen settings either..

So does anyone please know a way I can make it brighter? By something i can tweak on my PC or something I can download from the internet..

I have an Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT so i doubt thats problem.

And also on my old PC i had this problem.

Thanks, Poox.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
you can raise the gamma in the advanced settings for the gfx card

Crystal

Fledgling Freddie
Totally the same here!

Cant see a thing when its dark, and if i turn brightness/gamma up on my GFX card, everything else, internet, other games... gets ruined! Waaaaaaaaaay to bright.

Grrr, give ingame gamma!

Poox

Loyal Freddie
yep, same crystal... gamma turns it too fuck

Poox

Loyal Freddie
im sure someone told me about a program that made games brighter...

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Radeon cards have an option to set gamma for either games or windows/etc, so you can set it to use a higher gamma when you launch a nonwindowed application. Still a problem when you play daoc in windowed mode though which im sure alot of people do (myself included). Luckily i have a samsung screen with a function called magicbright which means i can push one button on the screen that shifts its brightness between 3 levels suitable for: reading text, watching movies etc, and playing games. Screen fluctuates in brightness of its own though so its quality isnt the best :m00:

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Why use powerstrip when it does the same in the advance setting of your gfx card stop acting like a bunch of noobs useing 3rd party programs to edit brightness etc.

go to desktop > right click > properties > Settings > Advance > Click on your gfx card name tab > Colour correction.

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
GimmlyTheDorf said:
Why use powerstrip when it does the same in the advance setting of your gfx card stop acting like a bunch of noobs useing 3rd party programs to edit brightness etc.

go to desktop > right click > properties > Settings > Advance > Click on your gfx card name tab > Colour correction.

yes have togo throu configuration of your gfx to raise the gamma sounds right when you can raise gamma with a simple quickbind in powerstrip, that also Requiel said is a ALLOWED third party program, sorry my man gimmly.

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
MaditioN said:
yes have togo throu configuration of your gfx to raise the gamma sounds right when you can raise gamma with a simple quickbind in powerstrip, that also Requiel said is a ALLOWED third party program, sorry my man gimmly.
How nooby is it you have to use a 3rd party program to edit your gamma when you can use the built in program that comes with your drivers? I for one wouldn't install 3rd party shit to edit stuff I can do my own in about 5 seconds. What next people downloading FSB auto Boosters ( OC ) lol?

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
GimmlyTheDorf said:

Because in Powerstrip you can make alot of configurations and templates that switches between DAOC and Windows before you even start to think about it?

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
GimmlyTheDorf said:
How nooby is it you have to use a 3rd party program to edit your gamma when you can use the built in program that comes with your drivers? I for one wouldn't install 3rd party shit to edit stuff I can do my own in about 5 seconds. What next people downloading FSB auto Boosters ( OC ) lol?

you are losing this argument megam8, stop posting before you make a fool out of yourself!

you have been warned!

have a nice day :cheers:

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
besides not all gfx drivers supports it, old ATI drivers didnt for my gfx card (update will help tho :eek:)

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
I've got a Radeon 9800Pro graphics card with the newest catalyst drivers but powerstrip and Ati's own tool doesnt work for me...When I set everything with powerstrip and load the DAoC profile my screen gets brighter for like 0.1 milliseconds but when the patchers starts it gets dark again...And in-game it's dark too, but when I quit the game and return to desktop it's bright like I set it for DAoC...Also tried a tool called "Ati Tray Tools" but it just doesnt work, same problem...Seems like DAoC resets the brightness settings for some reason...Can anyone help me out?

Kari

Fledgling Freddie
Same card here, but I'm using the omega drivers - the ATI should have more or less the same options.

You'll probably find there's 2 settings in the advanced properties, one for games & one for the desktop, it sounds like you've changed the desktop ones but not the game gamma/colour settings. Ofc if you're running windowed then it's the desktop version you need to change...

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
yup I had figured that out but I think I couldnt assign that to a profile, now with just changing the default profile 3d full screen colors it works fine...But how can I assign it to only DAoC so that I don't get this brightness when playing other games? Talking about the Catalyst drivers here :)

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Considering the amount of people who seem to have problems with the ingame brightness at night, as well as the amount of people who use powerstrip, perhaps things get a little bit too dark at night ingame?

I've never had problems with having to adjust the brightness in World of Warcraft, even the darker forest areas at nighttime are still fairly light. You can still tell its night in WoW, but you don't have a stupidly dark and impossible to see game.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Yup DAoC is just on the standard settings too dark really, at night with my regular brightness settings it happens quite a lot that I can't see a mob till it aggro's me. This isn't just me complaining about it but all the friends that play DAoC tell me that they need to kinda maximize the brightness/contrast settings of their monitor to make the game playable at night. And when doing this the environment and colors look kinda "washed out". An in-game gamma correction won't solve the problem of the washed out look but will help out a lot :)

nedetheshammy

Fledgling Freddie

i think why it is is a major issue in daoc is that most people run with thier torches off at night because of RVR.

its good to send people to a program like powerstrip because there are some people that should not be messing with thier video settings at the driver level. some people have ways of screwing up anything! at least with powerstrip they can uninstall and reinstall easily.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
thegreatest, you need to change from desktop to fullscreen (just above the gamma controll) then edit the gamma for it to work in daoc when fullscreen

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
about powerstrip: bind the "raise brightness" and "lower brightness" then you can just raise and lower to your needs when night comes.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Thegreatest said:
I've got a Radeon 9800Pro graphics card with the newest catalyst drivers but powerstrip and Ati's own tool doesnt work for me...When I set everything with powerstrip and load the DAoC profile my screen gets brighter for like 0.1 milliseconds but when the patchers starts it gets dark again...And in-game it's dark too, but when I quit the game and return to desktop it's bright like I set it for DAoC...Also tried a tool called "Ati Tray Tools" but it just doesnt work, same problem...Seems like DAoC resets the brightness settings for some reason...Can anyone help me out?

Use the ATI driver's own colour settings (Right click desktop, properties, settings, advanced, colour).

You'll have two options here - Desktop and Full Screen 3D. You need to make a profile in the Full Screen 3D option. Most common mistake is people using Desktop to adjust the settings - this just makes the desktop bright but not games UNLESS you run the game in a Window.

A final note - don't use the ATI drivers with the Catalyst contol centre (the one with the fancy movie etc when you click Advanced it's a bag of shit that crashes all the time and takes forever to load)

https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=27

Not the one that says "With CATALYST Control Center" get the other one.

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
using powerstrip and perfectly happy. The fact i need to use it is kinda sucky

Herjulf

Banned
Ok, this is the deal.
Just to make you aware there are plenty of Direct-X "hax" out there that can help you with brightness issues.
however be aware that they are VERY likely considered a bannable offence just as much as Radar.
It is a 3-rd party tool that give you a unfair advantage vs others. for example you will never have nighttime darkness, fog/rain etc etc.

i had problems running/starting Battlefield 2 on a geforce 4 comp. and had to use a tool that among others could do this for me, to activate something or deactivate i dont know what it did really all i know is that it made bf2 demo work for me. however this app allowed me to get 24/7 daytime light, no fog, no rain, transparent water.

Will this app get you banned? YES
Will it be detected? YES - quite likely

I strongly suggest you try to balance your gamma problems with your gfx cards "built in" adjustments, and balance the over bright issues with monitor.
There are also in most cards to use different desktop gamma and game gamma.

And ask GOA before you try use a 3rd party tool if they are legal to use.
But my guess is, NO.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
GimmlyTheDorf said:

1. you have to multitask to do that, that means its very hard for many ppl running 2 accs (bot..)
2. its fucking slow, compared to pressing 2 keys to change it while in game, and two other keys to reset to default
3. i only need more light at day, hence i would have to multitask everytime it changed from day to night and so on, no thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom