Daoc

Durbanposion

Fledgling Freddie
Hello fellow Albs/cammy players, i have been inrolled for about 2 years,

we all pay our subcription fees :twak:...

My thinking is why should we have to go to outdated websites for info on the game which should be supplied by DAOC such as charc builder, SC calcs info on ML's Artis and other aspects of the game, ALL the stuff should be supplied by them not our selfs and fellow players,
Can somthing be done?

So what really dose our subcription fee actully go to???

any one else have comments on this issue

cheers,

Iridius

Fledgling Freddie
I think more could be done with out a whole lot of effort on their part… this is one of the things that Blizzard have gotten right with WoW (pity they never got round to coding a decent endgame).

Bizzard have been quite pro-active about

> looking at what people have been adding to their UI in-game and incorporating the best ideas into the standard interface (mythic have done more of this as late)

> Added a very good talent builder (akin to spec. calc.) into their webby
> SC does not really exist in WoW but Mythic have a SC calc. on the US web site – not used it as I have become used to the one I downloaded

> Blizzard have better (some) in-game support for players and don’t out source their customer support to a 3rd party which can barely reply in English, does not read your inquiry properly and cut and pastes you a standardised (and often irrelevant answer) back again

…I just hope that Mythic insists that WAR in EU is not planned to run in the say way or I think a lot of people (including myself will be pretty angry at the contempt they are showing the European player base

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
first of all, maintance on the server (wich happens 1 every 2 or 3 month :() you asked about the char builder, well Mythics official page for this is daoc.catacombs.com but sadly as you said, its outdated. They also gave some info about ML's on the weekly news, but dont blame them! It was players that told them that we allready knew how to do the ML's so they stopped after 1.4 or something that.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
My thinking is why should we have to go to outdated websites for info on the game which should be supplied by DAOC such as charc builder, SC calcs info on ML's Artis and other aspects of the game, ALL the stuff should be supplied by them not our selfs and fellow players,
Can somthing be done?

Have one...

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
the way i see it is mythic have no responsibility to tell us things like sc calcs ml walkthroughs and char builders

see my logic.... for egsample you buy FFIX(final fantasy) you then email the uk site for help, they im sure would give it to you, but they wouldn't suply a walkthough with the box. it would bring the fun out of the game

also i belive that a sc calc is currently a 3rd party thing, so its illeagel, i think, correct me if im wrong

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
psyco said:
also i belive that a sc calc is currently a 3rd party thing, so its illeagel, i think, correct me if im wrong

To be honest, i dont think its illegal, tho i think its illegal to sell a 3rd party program for Daoc like LOKI is. Those free programs is not illegal as they just provide you information.

Tho free DL SC calcs cant be illegal as no one could ever track anyone using it.

They also did provide very fresh details about the MLS from this year weekly news, but they stopped as someone had righnowed that people allready know the ML's to well that it was not needed. daoc.goa.com 18:00 CET every friday they release the weekly news, read it those that dont, or those that didnt even know about it! its the official site.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Part of the fun of the game for a lot of people is discovering things, if you put in a whole load of content and then say 'here's how to win against it' it takes a lot of the challenge away.
There is quite a lot of documentation on both the Mythic and the Goa site about stuff like ToA, housing, DR etc.
There is a SC calculator on the Camelot Herald (although not a very good one) and I'd rather that Mythic (and Goa) spent their efforts on producing a good game than providing fluff that could be done by technically inclined fans.
All games like this encourage fans to come up with various utilities of their own - SC calculators, character builders, loot databases etc and that's a good thing for the game.

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
Durbanposion said:
Hello fellow Albs/cammy players, i have been inrolled for about 2 years,

we all pay our subcription fees :twak:...

Can somthing be done?

any one else have comments on this issue

cheers,
Why dont you just ask for a popup ingame wich ask you if you want the solution to the quest your on right away?
Then you dont have to alt tab to find the answers. I mean why put the answers on the official site, if they can put it ingame from the start.

Hell let get rid of all the quests and tasks, then we dont have to think at all.

Waite... lets just have a insta 50 button, mayby a second button for rr13. Then we can be done with the game in an evening and use our time on a more interresting game instead.

Sounds like a greate game. :rolleyes:

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
MesS° said:
Why dont you just ask for a popup ingame wich ask you if you want the solution to the quest your on right away?
Then you dont have to alt tab to find the answers. I mean why put the answers on the official site, if they can put it ingame from the start.

Hell let get rid of all the quests and tasks, then we dont have to think at all.

Waite... lets just have a insta 50 button, mayby a second button for rr13. Then we can be done with the game in an evening and use our time on a more interresting game instead.

Sounds like a greate game. :rolleyes:

do i smell whine? he was just asking polite, so no need for sarcasm..

Ryo

Fledgling Freddie
Sharaft said:
do i smell whine? he was just asking polite, so no need for sarcasm..
I like sarcasm :)

Besides, the OP asked "why should we have to go to outdated websites for info on the game which should be supplied by DAOC". The answer is, noone has to go to any website, and that the info should be supplied by DAOC (Mythic/Goa) is just his personal opinion.

There are players who would prefer *less* info being spoon-fed to lazy players, instead of more. I would LOVE a game where you would actually be able to figure things out on your own, be challenged, not know everything in advance.
And no, that is NOT possible by just not visiting those sites, because you can be sure that someone else in your group will have visited them and know all about it already.

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
I totally agree that goa\mythic should release some kind of site where they update all artifacts (couse they get outdated with patches etc), and diffrent quests etc..

like Thottbot for wow (dono who makes it, if its the players or Blizzard..) but it sure kick's ass:D

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
Sharaft said:
To be honest, i dont think its illegal, tho i think its illegal to sell a 3rd party program for Daoc like LOKI is. Those free programs is not illegal as they just provide you information.

Tho free DL SC calcs cant be illegal as no one could ever track anyone using it.

They also did provide very fresh details about the MLS from this year weekly news, but they stopped as someone had righnowed that people allready know the ML's to well that it was not needed. daoc.goa.com 18:00 CET every friday they release the weekly news, read it those that dont, or those that didnt even know about it! its the official site.

illegal software is only software that INTERACT with the game while playing, everything else aint considered 3rd party software since it doesnt interact with daoc, its just a piece of software, and people can claim whatever they want for something they have made.

toxii

Can't get enough of FH
-this is the wrong section for easymode WOW style mmo gameplay, daoc players on their own choose to ignore toa guide that mythic released in the first place, cos by then there was already vos at its full growth
-no idea about daoc.catacombs.com, i honestly didnt know it was a mythic site-never bothered to find out-, quite embarassed now that it actually is, since it hasnt been updated lately :x
-next thing we hear is someone getting perma banned for using a spellcraft calculator xd, bunch of clueless people thinking that old pala epic full set was of ROX, or full oceanus completely rog set in any case

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
toxii said:
someone getting perma banned for using a spellcraft calculator xd

will never happend actually, if they perma ban you for this, you know atleast they have done sneaky business on your private computer, IF you get a UI where you got it inside game, then its another perspective :)

when i said its illegall to sell those kind of programs, i didnt mean Mythic was gonna ban them etc, but the organization itself is. Its the same as buy online plats, online PL (with real money) etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom