DAoC Zerging?

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Just wondering would you guys class a DUO as a Zerge?

example:

2 v 1

I personally dont think so... I think 'Zerge' is 3+ v 1

What do you guys think?

georgie

FH is my second home
My first realm was Alb, so for me, if you're not hitting triple figures, you're just not trying hard enough. :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Just wondering would you guys class a DUO as a Zerge?

example:

2 v 1

I personally dont think so... I think 'Zerge' is 3+ v 1

What do you guys think?

3 ppl isnt even half a group so how can it be a zerg?

2 fg+ on stick might be classified as a zerg. 5+ certainly is. but not 3 ppl, thats just sissy....

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Depends on numbers ofc, anything that puts you in a non equal level of chances is a zerg! :p

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Isn't 'zerg' from Starcraft or some such? It was about winning with overwhelming numbers.

3 vs. 1 isn't a zerg - it's just plain annoying & either due to lack of skill or a Red = Dead playstyle (which isn't a non-valid gamestyle I hasten to add).

8 vs. 1 is probably overwhelming but 4 fg's vs. 4 fg's is just a mass battle & not a zerg vs zerg. 4 fg's vs. 1 fg I'd classify as a zerg.

Saying that it's starting to look complicated. If they bring more than you to win then take it as a compliment at just how damn good you (& your group) must be.

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Well the only reason why I asked this was because as most here know I play on the US servers... I solo but not much but I group with my mate 90% of the time I RvR.

When we face some high RR soloers we expect to have a good fight even tho we out number him/her 2 v 1. But some players just give up and just /rofl /rude. I know the Solo game very well and for me I dont care if I had 2 v 1 against me or even more. I found it as a challenge because I knew there was a high chance of me killing 1 of them or even 2...

We lost a fair few against high RR even tho we out number them as Xanians SB spanked us a couple times.

I have even faught Eul on his Shadowblade after we spoke 1 on 1 and then Hugmehh PA's me. Eul then /dismiss me and im thinking wtf have I done wrong this time. I didn't moan or 'qq' about Hugmehh adding on me as I just got on with it.

But some of the EU players we have been killing have said your KoS and that you zerge. I dont care really I rather have enemies to fight than nothing. Honestly I dont think a Duo is a Zerge... I just think people take this game too seriously now... I use to, I admit, but I havn't done for the last 3 years I played and I enjoy the game more than I ever done duo'ing with my mate.

I've tried playing by there rules and leave them alone but even then I was wrong. So now I dont give a flying **** anymore :) I play the game how I want to and how I enjoy the game.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
The phrase "zerging" has entered video gaming jargon to describe using many low-cost and weak units to rush and overwhelm an enemy.

Ie. A Large force (atleast 3 to 4 fg) consisting of a lot of Brehon's/Warder's/Vakten's.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
3 isnt a zerg but if you were killed 3v1 then it might be fair to say you were zerged :)

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
Amphrax;3564169 When we face some high RR soloers we expect to have a good fight even tho we out number him/her 2 v 1. But some players just give up and just /rofl /rude. I know the Solo game very well and for me I dont care if I had 2 v 1 against me or even more. I found it as a challenge because I knew there was a high chance of me killing 1 of them or even 2... [/QUOTE said:
i dont get it amph , if you really like challenges , why not attack the high rr solo then ?

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
i dont get it amph , if you really like challenges , why not attack the high rr solo then ?

Its not about the challenge its the fact that the high RR players moan and 'qq' when we kill them...and yes I do solo now and then...I dont enjoy the game enough to solo like I use to and I have more fun grouping with my mate now.

I posted this because it pissed me off people calling me a zerger when I have only been in a DUO.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
I thought ppl played stealther's to solo :eek: I'd rude you to if you kept 2vs1'ing me tbh especially if you and your pal /bow to me after as though you have bested me in skill and not by numbers :p

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
I thought ppl played stealther's to solo :eek: I'd rude you to if you kept 2vs1'ing me tbh especially if you and your pal /bow to me after as though you have bested me in skill and not by numbers :p

We dont /bow after silly thats not our style... we just play and there has been many times we have been outnumbered by 4-2 and we kill 3 of them.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
We dont /bow after silly thats not our style... we just play and there has been many times we have been outnumbered by 4-2 and we kill 3 of them.

As long as you don't mona when you get popped in front of fg for retorsion :p
Tbh i find quite disturbing when duos/trios clearly see solo players and keep going for em, it's not a challenge, is a grind.

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
the trouble is you cant keep everyone happy,play by your own rules and have fun,poeple will whinge whine and bitch regardless,i run solo alot but enjoy grouping,but poeple always whine,was solo on skald wathcing sb in 1v1 fight,2 infs pop on me phase shift saved me so i got out of there healed up whet back to look,caught the infs in a fight added and got whined at :) cant win..... bottom line i play by my own rules with respect given to those that deserve it....who's eul's sb on ywain ?

Thadius

Part of the furniture
As long as you don't mona when you get popped in front of fg for retorsion :p
Tbh i find quite disturbing when duos/trios clearly see solo players and keep going for em, it's not a challenge, is a grind.

Its the rps meight!!!1

Afran

Part of the furniture
1v2 is the same ratio as 3 groups zerged by 6 groups!

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
The phrase "zerging" has entered video gaming jargon to describe using many low-cost and weak units to rush and overwhelm an enemy.

Ie. A Large force (atleast 3 to 4 fg) consisting of a lot of Brehon's/Warder's/Vakten's.

the alb zerg consists of Lord's Ladies, Alerion knights, Dragon knights too

Zerg is anything more then a fg imo

Mageslayer

Fledgling Freddie
Well the only reason why I asked this was because as most here know I play on the US servers... I solo but not much but I group with my mate 90% of the time I RvR.

When we face some high RR soloers we expect to have a good fight even tho we out number him/her 2 v 1. But some players just give up and just /rofl /rude. I know the Solo game very well and for me I dont care if I had 2 v 1 against me or even more. I found it as a challenge because I knew there was a high chance of me killing 1 of them or even 2...

We lost a fair few against high RR even tho we out number them as Xanians SB spanked us a couple times.

I have even faught Eul on his Shadowblade after we spoke 1 on 1 and then Hugmehh PA's me. Eul then /dismiss me and im thinking wtf have I done wrong this time. I didn't moan or 'qq' about Hugmehh adding on me as I just got on with it.

But some of the EU players we have been killing have said your KoS and that you zerge. I dont care really I rather have enemies to fight than nothing. Honestly I dont think a Duo is a Zerge... I just think people take this game too seriously now... I use to, I admit, but I havn't done for the last 3 years I played and I enjoy the game more than I ever done duo'ing with my mate.

I've tried playing by there rules and leave them alone but even then I was wrong. So now I dont give a flying **** anymore :) I play the game how I want to and how I enjoy the game.

Well ive np fighting multiples coz ive done it most of the time but when some1 tries duo me down, he and his partner will go straight in my kos list and ill add kill em whenever i get the chance. In fact most of solo community would do the same.
Stealthers are made for soloing and if u dont do it and duoing soloers down so expect no respect from other soloers and dont qq about it.
I dont read these forums anymore but mevoq told me u made a post and i had to come and reply.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Zerging is when you play with more numbers than your enemy because you cannot hope to win on equal terms, be it the fact that you suck, or they are playing an idiot mode class, doesn't matter what the numbers are.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
In regards to stealthers. I think any more than 3 stealthers grouped is a zerg as there is no skill involved

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Dont think it matters what you make, seems to be ALOT of radar users on the usa servers... guess yanks cant play properly :( 3 examples below

was in df the other day just chilling out with a group right down at high lords bit of pve like to get some arti xp rr8-10 mid group runs around the corner directly at us ignoring all forms of aggro and insta mezzing us then after we die they go back up towards dommel as if they were heading back up - Blatent radar number 1

was in poc out of the way like nowhere near a route or path to the next area, no fop up or anything that would give position away rr5-10 mid group flies around the corner and mezzes us with a train of aggro behind them (as if they've just sos'd through it) - Blatent radar number 2

just came back from an afk and was sat in a tower (in the lord room) popped upto the top of the tower to see what was going on/coast was clear and what not, no one to be seen as far as the eye can see :l goes out of the tower BANG bard and champion instantly on me (and just for the record this wasnt at tower near an XP spot or any drop off points) - Blatent radar number 3

cheating ***** americans they are.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Also adding something to this about Kzar-ywain5 :p he gets people to retake keeps thats fair enough but he can't pan camera there for he fails hard, he got half of the bg wiped out because a healer got an insta mezz off on the back of a bg and he kept running until someone pointed out half the bg was missing.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
A solo champ controlled by aika is a zerg in itself

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom