DAoC worldwide server populations

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Treyguard said:
So either that graph is made from fantasy data or those banging on about how all games will die with the coming of WoW need a good slap and to be told to lay off the sugar :p I know which one I prefer ;)
I strongly suspect the latter. ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Gethin said:
If they do then you might find mythic slowly winding down DAoC.

nah mythic will just move into new languages by the looks of it :)

[TB] Benedictine

Fledgling Freddie
The important thing is will any new game deliver what the current game offers (or used to offer) and more importantly will it do it so much better than the current game that all the time and effort invested in the old game is seen as disposable.

for example, will WoW offer interesting, exciting PvP so much better than DAOC?

Any answer other yes means WoW wont affect DAOC

Though to be honest I hope DAOC dies a painful death - Mythic screwed it up big style for me.

[e]

Fledgling Freddie
About wow, I can't understand why somebody would like a singel-player-mmorpg with smurf graphic and without good pvp.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
Don't be silly. It's still ahead of most of the opposition. It's changed sure, and some will leave because of that. Some will leave because of WoW. Some who would have left if nothing had changed are staying.

I would definitely have stopped playing had it not been for NF.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
[e] said:
About wow, I can't understand why somebody would like a singel-player-mmorpg with smurf graphic and without good pvp.
It's not really a single player mmorpg though. You can *gasp* group, and there are many things that can't be done solo. I can solo most things in DAoC, doesn't make it single player. :p

Chilly

Balls of steel
Danya said:
It's not really a single player mmorpg though. You can *gasp* group, and there are many things that can't be done solo. I can solo most things in DAoC, doesn't make it single player. :p
lol solo most things in daoc? stop talking shit

Miff

Fledgling Freddie
[e] said:

exactly my thought , WOW sucks at the moment why leave daoc for a shitty uncomplete game. Where they did everything daoc pvp does right wrong.
You can rezz yourself after 30 seconds after a death , no immunity timers perma sleep - how fun! And no group speeds in the biggest freaking continent you seen. BRING ON WOW - NOT! Oh and for you who think its FG vs FG , think again hence they made a raid bar so you can order and place around members in your raid for eazy setup opted zergs.

Abel

Fledgling Freddie
You can rezz yourself after 30 seconds after a death , no immunity timers perma sleep - how fun! And no group speeds in the biggest freaking continent you seen. BRING ON WOW - NOT! Oh and for you who think its FG vs FG , think again hence they made a raid bar so you can order and place around members in your raid for eazy setup opted zergs.

I - and many others - are not looking for DAoC2, I'm looking for a NEW game that does things DIFFERENTLY. Who knows, maybe WoW zerg battles are the coolest things imaginable.

All those DAoC fanboys should wake up and realise that DAoC is not the end-all of MMORPGs, it's one of the better around, but far from being the "best" and age isn't making it exactly better.

SigvartH

Fledgling Freddie
[e] said:

So you feel 20 Trebuches ----Lobbing Rocks----- Wall-Tower--13 Trebuches is good pvp??

Tbh I hope you and the daoc comunity just stay daoc. Gonna be crowded enough in WoW so we dont realy want/need you there. but untill OB we are so gonna pwnzor you with usless WoW information on these boards,,, Untill you break down like a little girl and cry ;) ;)

Starting with the WoW Shaman skills http://www.thottbot.com/index.cgi?c=Shaman

Treyguard

Fledgling Freddie
Personally I don't like WoW, and thats down to 2 things:
1)I hate the graphics, too cartoony for my taste and generally minging.
2)All the WoW fanboys banging on repeatedly like broken records about how utterly fantabulous WoW is/is going to be, then screaming down anyone who disagrees like they've committed heresy. I don't like being yelled at repeatedly by idiots who are telling me I'm wrong. :(

I've never played WoW. I may well never play WoW, probably only will if someone hands me a copy (ie it takes zero effort from me.)

If you like WoW, good for you, go and play it when it's out, good luck and have fun.
Just please shut up about it, or if you really must, go take your broken record to a WoW forum. :p

Abel

Fledgling Freddie
All those WoW vs DAoC discussions are getting more and more ridicolous over time.

They all boil down to two moronic arguments :

I played WoW for about 3 days and it totally blows DAoC out of the water !!!1!!!
Yeah right, play a bit longer plz before judging ...

I hate WoW because erm because I don't like the screenshots and the hype from the guys who've been trying out the beta
Maybe actually play the game before you judge it ...

Treyguard

Fledgling Freddie
I'm not saying WoW *is* rubbish btw...it might be actually fantastic for all I know.

But I just don't like the style of graphics and find the background is vaguely annoying. (I dislike "comedy" fantasy like what warcraft has become...or orcs and the ogre kingdoms in warhammer :p )

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
For me its a matter of tastes.

I have the same taste with WoW than i had with DAOC beta back in the 2001-2002 winter, and i ended up playing DAOC during almost 3 years.
Might be completly wrong ofc.

Back on topic, theres one straight fact, population is going down step by step, you can check it every 15 days you log in on server selection windows at peak hour.
Some quit looking for greener pastures, others do it because of the lag, or more rl focus, others dont like the way the game has evolved (like me) n just let the acount ran out, or others just got tired of the game after years of playing it. Who knows, mebbe Catacombs changed this tendence.

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
Danya said:
The numbers don't support that conclusion: http://www.mmogchart.com/Chart2.html

EQ in particular showed little impact from DAoC starting up.

EQ goes from rapid growth to very little just before doac is realeased (probably daoc beta), sugests that while players didn't leave, doac took most of the new players away from eq

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom