DAoC Witchhunt

P

pez

For the first time today i left the daoc boards and browsed around the whole BW forums and it seems that DAoC peeps aren't too popular, on three of the boards i looked at there were anti-daoc postings and on the general forums there is a lynch mob forming.

To be honest its slightly understandable, its a very agressive little community we have got in here and when you are in it you don't really notice and join in. After a while i guess it becomes more harmless banter than actually offensive although theres been examples recently where people have gone too far :/

Anyway after the attention we recieved i found myself wondering if i should feel proud or ashamed. After reading the posts they highlighted on general though i think i may be leaning significantly towards the ashamed side.

V

Validus

wtf job? i'm trying to find the philosophical sarcasm there, but all i come up with is that ur a nutcase. mispost mebbe?

C

Cyradix

To the stakes with all those daoc players!!!

Errrr.... hang on a minute....

O

old.job

Er? I was just saying I looked around and spotted his avatar, it's quite cool :)

V

Validus

yes but why post it in a "general forums hate us" whine thread?

O

old.job

Well it was this thread that made me look, so I felt kind of obliged to give some credit. :cool:

E

Ekydus

Yes well even though they like to point out our faults, which we do have. It is very easy to point out the obvious. Their little General community is in a way no different to ours. They have their regular visitors, the average poster and then the forum gimps. And believe me they do have their fair share of idiots... They seem to like to generalise and attack us all... quite ironic considering they are going on about how to not upset anyone. :rolleyes:

But behind that they do have a point and I just don't respond to most of the crap going on in Excalibur OT now. You have people like Karam who wasn't as bad as he is now, then people like yeahyeah who love to anger people.

(Post not meant to offend or upset anyone.)

S

Skaven

Point being its up to the mods to decide whether things get out of hand and who needs banning and who doesn't. If they don't like the way the board is being moderated then they should report their concerns and stop whining making stupid posts because they've nothing better to do.

B

bazzaye

what games made these posts?? i fasncy browsing em :)

F

Flimgoblin

well daoc has a load of "FFS GOA SUX!!!! NERF SAVAGES MYTHIC FFS!!!" posters which you don't get on General.

You get angry regulars but you don't get the scream-at-the-world two-post-wonders that you see in the daoc forums :)

(you get them in the other game forums though)

T

Tilda

people need to seperate the excal OT from the rest, most if excal OT of wankers who do everything to piss people off, the rest are generally nice.

the post your talking about was made after several very racist remarks made on excal OT by several people, they are being delt with.

Tilda

P

pez

who is starting a war please tell me? the general forum community has nothing but bad things to say about the daoc community yet every on topic post in here has been civil to you and condemming to the idiots who started this whole thing.

T

Tom

I would say that its the moderator's job to respect the wishes of the majority of users on all of these forums, and to try and uphold some kind of decency and a common morality.

As for people who say that this is some kind of super democracy, and that you should be allowed to say what you want, well it isn't, and fuckoff if you don't like that.

Thank you.

B

bigsir

Why not just remove the DAoC OT Forums as they don't seem to be serving any purpose?

Anyone who wants to post OT can use the General Forums.

EDIT: Was a bit harsh, just start using the banstick more frequently :)

O

old.tRoG

Excal OT users are dimwitted cud chewing goats. Simple.

Ban everyone who has ever posted there, and you have your problem solved :p

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by pez
who is starting a war please tell me? the general forum community has nothing but bad things to say about the daoc community yet every on topic post in here has been civil to you and condemming to the idiots who started this whole thing.

I am no part of the general forum community - and I said it in the past and I'll say it now: primordial goo has a higher IQ than 95% of the DAoC community.

The DAoC forums are a Billy-no-mates dream come true... mates! Huzzah.
And all of them competing for the most retarded reply/+1 post farm war/bandwagon flames...

:rolleyes:

Not tr0g, tho... he is my very shpeshiul valentine. :wij:

M

Munkey-

It's because when the DAoC'ers first came along to the general forums they spammed quite a bit. so we flamed them. so then they brought in about 20 more DAoC'ers and started flame war.

*donates 50p to manks cause*

Dont start a war again.

M

Munkey-

Originally posted by bigsir
Why not just remove the DAoC OT Forums as they don't seem to be serving any purpose?

Anyone who wants to post OT can use the General Forums.

EDIT: Was a bit harsh, just start using the banstick more frequently :)

Because the General can become a bit elitist, we have a well established community that doesnt intergrate well with newcomers (read: out of every 20 newbies only 1 does spam, act annoying or flame)

A

Arnor

I persnally didnt feel any daocbashing when I first registered (march or april 2002) but then again I wasnt quite the troll I have become now :eek:

oh, and yes we have _alot_ of cornholing retards over in excal-ot, but you in general/general aint chemically cleansed of those either now are you?

ps:make love not war

I

ilienwyn

Originally posted by Arnor
ps:make love not war

Depends. If we are gonna have more ogre/avalonians races myabe we should make war. Imagine something Trollish and Fribolg together? Ugly :p

A

Arnor

Originally posted by ilienwyn
Depends. If we are gonna have more ogre/avalonians races myabe we should make war. Imagine something Trollish and Fribolg together? Ugly :p

:puke: @the mental image

ps: I hate you ^^

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Cyradix
To the stakes with all those daoc players!!!

Errrr.... hang on a minute....

Staked or hanged?! Make up your mind man!

O

Ono

The General Forum lot are a bunch of twats.

They just don't understand us at all. They call *us* geeks! They should take a close look at themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread