DAoC video?

T

Tilda

Ok,
im interested in making a video from DAoC, any idea how I go about doing so?

Tilda

G

granny

Yeah you need an mpeg capture card. You *can* do it with software only (google is your friend) but it's so slow it's unusable unless 1 frame/sec is your thing.

Only other option I can think of is S-Video out to digicamcorder.

C

crookshanks

I think the common method employed is to send the video signal out to a tv (using a graphics card which has a video-out socket), and play the game on a tv while recording it on a video. Then play the video back, sucking the image back to the pc with a tv-card, and convert this signal into the desired digital video format. Hence the reason most of the movies you download look slightly fuzzy, and often jump on the screen.

G

granny

Ew that sounds horrid :/ How low-tech! Spose it'd work though aye :p

O

old.Trine Aquavit

The other alternative is 2 PCs - video out on one and capture stuff on the other. Doing it all on one PC isn't worth your while as the capture stuff eats your framerate.

L

Lambsbreed

Take hell of a lot of screenshot and glue them together and you have movement as in a movie. :sleeping:

That's what i think.

E

eynar

Like someone replied earlier, the optimal set up would be 2 pc's, one with a video-out connection and the other one with video-in. Connect them through an s-video or cinch cable and simply capture the video signal directly. You'll have a couple of gigs worth of material in no-time, so now you can start editing it...

S

Sibanac

If you use Svideo -> digicam you can always pipe it back thru firewire and have no nasty DA conversion to worry about

K

kr0n

2 computers, one with S-Video out and one with S-Video in. Use the 2nd computer with In to record, and play on the 1st computer with Out. Can use higher quality and resolution with this method since more of MHzs all together. Using software recording on the same computer drains alot of Processtime and generates lag, and shitty quality.

J

Jiggs

ok i tried this and i got a stupid problem where my pc is trying to be too clever:

instead of pumpin out whats on the screen it sets up multiple desktops (ie it thinks the video out is an extra monitor) now i got everything to do this capture stuff, but how the hell do i make my pc just pump out whats on the screen instead of making an adjacent desktop?

K

kameh

erm unless your wanting a movie of several hundred meg your not going to be overly bothered about picture quality. The picture is after all going to be compressed heavily regardless of what format you save it in. People simply won't download anything over 30Mb unless they're given a very good reason :D Sure take the footage at the best quality you can, but at the end of the day it's not going to be even near a 1024x768 pixel video.. more likely about half that with a nice tune playing ;)

Another thread about making DAOC movies

T

Tilda

hmm, well i just so happen to have 2 computers, one with a ViVo card ( ati radeon vivo) could anybody offer my any advice as to how to set it up to record?
I guess id need a splitter cable for image output cable on main PC and then it would chanel to moniter and Video in port on ther gfx card, but how would i then go about recording or even dispaying what i can see?

Tilda

T

Tilda

nobody seems to know on DAoC forums, so i thought you guys might know :)

/em scampers back to DAoC forums

W

WPKenny

I've been thinking of trying this for a while. The TV-in on the gf4 is pretty good. I plugged in my Sega Saturn and recorded a game of X-men: Children of the Atom and it looked great.

Not recorded to VHS yet as I've had no reason to but it'd be a piece of piss. I might try it this weekend if you can wait that long and I'll post a sample so you can see what the quality is like for PC -> VHS -> PC

W

Will

Or you could us FRAPS (google is your friend;)) to keep everything digital. Though I think the resolution may be capped. Not sure if you are wanting a tape or a digital copy, but this will be option B from that list.

W

Wij

Originally posted by WPKenny
I've been thinking of trying this for a while. The TV-in on the gf4 is pretty good. I plugged in my Sega Saturn and recorded a game of X-men: Children of the Atom and it looked great.

Not recorded to VHS yet as I've had no reason to but it'd be a piece of piss. I might try it this weekend if you can wait that long and I'll post a sample so you can see what the quality is like for PC -> VHS -> PC

Move with the times !

Marvel vs Capcom 2 at least :)

Users who are viewing this thread