DAoC Video Making Guide

randomeclipse

Loyal Freddie
Gang,

Is there a preferred piece of software people use to create their DAoC videos? As I've recently got ahold of Fraps and quite fancy making a few videos when the transfers go live, but don't really know how to go about making one with the footage :)

Cheers. :england:

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Gang,

Is there a preferred piece of software people use to create their DAoC videos? As I've recently got ahold of Fraps and quite fancy making a few videos when the transfers go live, but don't really know how to go about making one with the footage :)

Cheers. :england:

Sony Vegas

Kougar

Loyal Freddie
I use adobe after effects and premier, and Encore for sound editing. virtual Dub is ok,.. but the ones above are superior.

Fraps is a awesome bit of kit, just make sure you set the FPS right and your pc can handle it, as it writes the raw data footage to you HD uncompressed.. so you can easily end up with huge files.

also, make sure you know what resolution your aiming for when you edit the video..as you can compromise the video quality if you render it out small, then try and convert it in to a larger format. people make this mistake with youtube. also.. Back up your original footage ;)

on a side note, u can try looking at camtasia, virtualdub, windows video maker.... Google is your friend here dude,

Damaja

Loyal Freddie
Sony Vegas for putting the actual movie together

Use After Effects for super special effects. I never much worked with Adobe Premiere, although i do have it burned to disk.

For mixing the music use Acid Pro - bad ass program.

Go to YouTube ... they have TONS of tutorials for each of these programs.
You get the programs I listed, learn everything about them through the tutorials and I promise you, you will be making some of the best gaming videos ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom