DAoC saves live(u should read this)

O

Ocalinn

When Richard Machado got his Dark Ages of Camelot fix one night, little did he know that his game playing would save his family's lives. His decision to stay up and play the game for 3 or 4 hours meant he was awake when a fire broke out in his family's home in Somerville, USA. Whilst the less gaming inclined members of the household slept, Machado smelt smoke when nearing the end of his session. This allowed him to alert the family members and for them to make their escape, before the house and everything in it then burnt to the ground.
"It was just a lucky coincidence I guess" Machado told the Somerville Journal, "[I escaped with] just the clothes on my back."

Mythic Entertainment, makers of DAoC sent him seven t-shirts and a couple of caps on hearing the news.

K

Karlo

HAHA,

Thats actually quite amusing :p

Was he in a fins group?

O

Ocalinn

sry this was posted the wrong forum, should be in general

O

Ocond

Ooooh DAOC T-shirts and hats.... be the envy of all your friends!

P

pitspawn

I can imagine the group chat.

[group] Player A : Need heal!
[group] Player B : Res the theurg, we need pbt asap!
[group] Player C : Gotta log soon guys, house is on fire.
[group] Player B : WTF! o_O
[group] Player C : Yeah, thick black smoke is coming through my doorway. I think i got another 5 minutes before the fire gets here. Lets get some more exp :)

:scared:

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by pitspawn

[group] Player C : Yeah, thick black smoke is coming through my doorway. I think i got another 5 minutes before the fire gets here. Lets get some more exp :)

:clap:

E

Ekydus

The fire may have broke out because of a pan left on in the kitchen, which eventually ignited after being left unattended.

Life > DAoC. :rolleyes:

B

bult

lol just a few days ago at like 5am my mother comes knocking on my shoulder and ask "you havent noticed anything at all?" im like wtf are u talking about. "look out the window" see 2 big fire trucks there spraying the house acoss the street with water -_- some pyromaniac had lit it on fire apperntly :i kinda scary that the sleeping ones noticed it before me ^^

Sad part is i didnt log out of daoc until the "electricity central" was on fire :p

note: i had a really good grp in emain ffs

N

nuitari

Yeah I was also wondering how the f*ck he missed out on the smoke, I mean if the house burnt down just minutes after they left it, it must have been pretty heavily overlit by the time he noticed that it was burning.

Or perhaps a bad use of DAOC, Headpones and Ganja!!

D

dimerian

I bet bloke was damn happy after he got seven t-shirts and a couple of caps :)

N

Nivellen

hehe
mythic should have given him more - like mythic underwear, socks, pants, tshirts, blouses, etc!

N

nerve

What the article forgot to mention is the fire started inside his PC due to an overheated AMD processor and a cooler who had decided to call it quits after 24 hours of uninterrupted turning mad.

:p

T

tildson

-Guys, one more pull for me. House is on fire, need to log abit :/
- kk m8

;)

L

leoric

Escaped with the clothes on his back, Sod the family i would grab the PC and my copy of DAoC an legged it! :p

M

medowind

Well that’s usa mythic for yea, caps and t-shirts.

Why do Europe mythic suck so much :p

O

old_saxo

Imo GoA could give all a GoA cap when they ding 2 years :p hehe.
Would be really handsom walking down the street whit it

C

Conchabar

Originally posted by pitspawn

:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread