DAoC RvR -- The Movie!

Belomar

Part of the furniture
All right, it's not really like the topic says, but almost. That Jerry Bruckheimer fellow is making King Arthur, a movie about the Camelot legend and all that (well, they claim to tell the truth about it). I had a look at the trailer and saw some epic-wearing Alb 2H paladins (and even a female Scout!), and there is even footage of Hadrian's Wall (the wall, not the zone). Could be fun, but I'm guessing it's full of zerg warfare... :cool:

(Oh, and please add RvR-related replies to this thread or it will be probably be moved to some other forum. ;))

Some links:

(Thanks to Mirax for finding this.)

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Cool!

Jerry is producer and that dude who made traning day is director.
Producer = the man with the cash.
Director = the man with the vision.

Lancelot as dualwielding merc :)
Guieniwere(spelling not correct) as hot scout *droool*

Anyways trailer looked pretty good.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Urgh Quicktime >.<
Seriously, why do I need shortcuts in my taskbar, system tray, start menu and desktop for a program that opens automatically when I watch a movie?

Back on topic, the trailer doesnt inspire much confidence in me that the film will be any good, but thats not saying much.

Sabu

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Jerry Bruckheimer
pffff shit

Belomar said:
Camelot legend and all that (well, they claim to tell the truth about it).

As you say there we talking about legends so "the thruth about it" sounds like the US marketing doing his job....

liloe

It's my birthday today!
best books I've ever read about celtic history (well and king Arthur legends at same time) is the Avalon trilogy from M. Zimmer-Bradley. It really depends on personal style wether you lke it or not, but I enjoyed the reading =)

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
a movie based on teh zerg.

King Outlaw and teh masters of the zerg tactic.

staring nukenin Wenshan, glottis Xanadu, aussie & Zoyster Roxstar.

comming to freddyshouse this summer (also winter, altumn and spring) ;)

Twigbob

Fledgling Freddie
well it has to be better than the last major movie about king arthur :rolleyes:

M® Zîllâ

Fledgling Freddie
Looks good but am hopeing it isnt the normal crap US atempt at trying to re tell a tale that was done so well in Excalibur all ready......
i really hope this doesnt pump up the alb population even more.

mts

Fledgling Freddie
is it just me or does their armor look very... roman?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
MTS:
The Arthurian legends take place at around 500 ad. - the romans had just left the british isles at that time, but alot of roman customs and utilities lived on for a long time after they left. Roman style armor and weapons would certainly not have been an uncommon sight at the time. So far the movie seems to be true to the canon of the legend - But laugh out loud at Guinevere as a fighter :D
She was the nobleborn daughter of King Leodegrance of Cameliarde (or in some stories duke Vortigern) and would certainly not have been trained in any weapon use whatsoever (although noblewomen did get training in defensive siege techniques on occasion).

I have a feeling this movie will be pretty far from the canon of Malorys stories^^ might still be a good movie of course, but to make a statement about it beeing the "true story" is just laughable. :twak:

mts

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
MTS:
The Arthurian legends take place at around 500 ad. - the romans had just left the british isles at that time, but alot of roman customs and utilities lived on for a long time after they left. Roman style armor and weapons would certainly not have been an uncommon sight at the time. So far the movie seems to be true to the canon of the legend - But laugh out loud at Guinevere as a fighter :D
She was the nobleborn daughter of King Leodegrance of Cameliarde (or in some stories duke Vortigern) and would certainly not have been trained in any weapon use whatsoever (although noblewomen did get training in defensive siege techniques on occasion).

I have a feeling this movie will be pretty far from the canon of Malorys stories^^ might still be a good movie of course, but to make a statement about it beeing the "true story" is just laughable. :twak:

ahh i see. thx for the info mate :)

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Fana said:
MTS:

Pffft what do historians know

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
hope they have trolls and kobolds in it. Else it sucks :kissit:

Ged

Regular Freddie
Saw a bald Savage in the middle of the trailer too :clap:

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
Nuked said:
a movie based on teh zerg.

King Outlaw and teh masters of the zerg tactic.

staring nukenin Wenshan, glottis Xanadu, aussie & Zoyster Roxstar.

comming to freddyshouse this summer (also winter, altumn and spring) ;)

Jelousy is a sin.

Pwned, next plz...

Maoni

Fledgling Freddie
I wonder how many cabalists there will be in the movie?? =P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom