DAoC - revisited xD

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Manisch Depressiv said:
DAoC gfx are so awesome that everybody who wants to enjoy the game properly and doesn't have the cash for a Cray runs the ToA client and not this piece of shit bloated DR client that is also simulating a fish aquarium.

Try an other game like WoW, GW or EVE on the same machine to see how bad DAoC performs on the gfx level.

Hmm you seem to blast daoc so much, why not just quit?

The DR client runs fine in rvr, least for me and Im running a machine thats pretty old

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Thadius said:
Hmm you seem to blast daoc so much, why not just quit?

The DR client runs fine in rvr, least for me and Im running a machine thats pretty old

The only thing where I'd value your (un)qualified statements would be whining. I doub't you RVR'ed enough to even know what client runs good and what not :twak:...

I could just start WoW, EVE, GW and DAoC and mesuare the loading time of the client, the quit time of the client, memory use, fps, the alt-tab time and DAoC would lose in every category. It is stone age software, and only because I know it, it doesn't mean that the game has no other advantages, which make it worthwhile to play.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Manisch Depressiv said:
The only thing where I'd value your (un)qualified statements would be whining. I doub't you RVR'ed enough to even know what client runs good and what not
rofl @ the l337ist arrogance

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
The only thing where I'd value your (un)qualified statements would be whining. I doub't you RVR'ed enough to even know what client runs good and what not :twak:...

I could just start WoW, EVE, GW and DAoC and mesuare the loading time of the client, the quit time of the client, memory use, fps, the alt-tab time and DAoC would lose in every category. It is stone age software, and only because I know it, it doesn't mean that the game has no other advantages, which make it worthwhile to play.
Go on endulge us then. Show us how much DAoC clients suck! :touch: Let us feel your 1337 skillzors. :p

Dunno about the rest of you, but I play to have fun, not to have the most opted gameclient. :p

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Manisch Depressiv said:

Hmm rvred enough...

Well I did rvr for like 5 hours a day on Glastonbury, before then maybe 6-7 hours on Cluster

Also mucked around on Camlann

And why dont I qualify?

Because Im not one of the 1337 rvr people who lick each others arseholes or run with a super uber group?(apart from Outlander, but hes a speshul person!)

Or maybe the fact I dont run with the best template money can buy, cant be arsed to farm and all that crap?

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Teh FnoRd said:
Go on endulge us then. Show us how much DAoC clients suck! :touch: Let us feel your 1337 skillzors. :p

Dunno about the rest of you, but I play to have fun, not to have the most opted gameclient. :p

If the software runs smoother the fun grows. DR kills my machine in RvR, hence no fun.

Only cause you are blind fanboys who don't have a clue about proper software doesn't mean that I am leet, a lot of people can't see the obvious ^^.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Thadius said:
Hmm rvred enough...

Well I did rvr for like 5 hours a day on Glastonbury, before then maybe 6-7 hours on Cluster

Also mucked around on Camlann

And why dont I qualify?

Because Im not one of the 1337 rvr people who lick each others arseholes or run with a super uber group?(apart from Outlander, but hes a speshul person!)

Or maybe the fact I dont run with the best template money can buy, cant be arsed to farm and all that crap?

You don't qualify because you have the I-am-not-leet-let's-whine-or-justify-complex.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Manisch Depressiv said:
You don't qualify because you have the I-am-not-leet-let's-whine-or-justify-complex.

Hmm, dont think Ive whined for a long time

All this stuff Im posting now is just to show that someone really does care about you Pippy!

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Manisch Depressiv said:
If the software runs smoother the fun grows. DR kills my machine in RvR, hence no fun.

Only cause you are blind fanboys who don't have a clue about proper software doesn't mean that I am leet, a lot of people can't see the obvious ^^.

A fan boy?

Dr runs smoothly on my pc, like ToA did and Catacombs

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
I haven’t played CAM for over a year and I haven’t levelled a character in a conventional way since my first toon. What I remember was Kill/delivery quests upto lvl 20 then grind for 30 levels. Unless Mythic have added a lot more quests since I left then I doubt any of the new MMOPGers that WoW brought in would stick it out in CAM. The idea of getting a group and camping a spot till the camp XP was gone and moving on to the next is to say the least boring.
You can all slag WoW off and call it a kiddies game but Levelling in WOW >>>>>>>> Levelling in CAM.

WoW needs a end game adding. CAM needs a complete revamp of 1-50. That doesn’t just mean free lvls cause no one wants to play in your realm on your server.

Disclaimer:
All above could be a big pile of monkey dung. It’s been a while since I played CAM. :)

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:

Oooohh I'm a fanboy now! weeee! lucky me! ;p
You speak like a true social missfit. :touch:
And DR runs smooth as silk on my machine, and it's not a top notch machine either. ;p

Ging

Part of the furniture
i rate this thread as 8/10 with potential to get really fun :)

<warms up the popcorn>

Jeffery

Fledgling Freddie
Daoc may have new graphics but u can start to see its age now.EA buying up mythic sounds like a great move as mythic now have the backing of a huge company,is this too late for daoc though ? will the resources now available be used for warhammer ? who knows but i would love to see daoc get some loving.Maybe Daoc 2 ^^ who knows :england:

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
DAoC gfx are so awesome that everybody who wants to enjoy the game properly and doesn't have the cash for a Cray runs the ToA client and not this piece of shit bloated DR client that is also simulating a fish aquarium.

Try an other game like WoW, GW or EVE on the same machine to see how bad DAoC performs on the gfx level.

u must have a real shit computer....

Leathas

Fledgling Freddie
daoc gfx performance is okay, go get a better pc if yours can't handle it :wanker:

and, daoc graphics > wow graphics. I remember staring just at the fireballs and wizard's DD while they were blowing the heck out of me and saying "wow, that looks cool" in daoc, but not in wow. Wow graphics are utterly crap, could've been much better(I know, it's their drawing style. Check flamestrike / blizzard spell effects)

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Leathas said:
daoc gfx performance is okay, go get a better pc if yours can't handle it :wanker:

and, daoc graphics > wow graphics. I remember staring just at the fireballs and wizard's DD while they were blowing the heck out of me and saying "wow, that looks cool" in daoc, but not in wow. Wow graphics are utterly crap, could've been much better(I know, it's their drawing style. Check flamestrike / blizzard spell effects)
:worthy: what he said :worthy:

Keata

Fledgling Freddie
From mmorpg.com's top mmo list.
#1: Eve-Online
#2: Guild Wars
#3: The Sage of Ryzom
#4: Dark Age of Camelot
#9: World of Warcraft

I think its great that an old lady like DAoC still manages to be to stay on the top lists.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Keata said:
From mmorpg.com's top mmo list.
#1: Eve-Online
#2: Guild Wars
#3: The Sage of Ryzom
#4: Dark Age of Camelot
#9: World of Warcraft

I think its great that an old lady like DAoC still manages to be to stay on the top lists.
those results dont take into account game sales and are skewed as the website isnt really known by people joining mmporg's rescently :)

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
those results dont take into account game sales and are skewed as the website isnt really known by people joining mmporg's rescently :)
You mean the 4000000 WoW kiddies? ;)

Beovulf

Fledgling Freddie
DAoC's age shows its' stability. For an MMORPG such as DAoC to be going for so long without the PR that other games have had, such as WoW, is testament to its playabilty and addictiveness. After all the MMORPGs ive played i find myself constantly comin back. It's a unique and great game, which i hope, will have a good steady player base for a couple years yet.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Teh FnoRd said:
You mean the 4000000 WoW kiddies? ;)
so your saying people who play wow shouldn't have a influence on the results like the EQ and Daoc fan-boi's have ;)

daoc was good for its day, but now its getting old.
I think however it will hold on just like UO has

Gamah

Banned
Manisch Depressiv said:

rofl I manage to run DR + Cata client on my xp 2800 xD your mummy must have brought you a fisher price pc for christmas :<

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
so your saying people who play wow shouldn't have a influence on the results like the EQ and Daoc fan-boi's have ;)

daoc was good for its day, but now its getting old.
I think however it will hold on just like UO has
was more refering to what you said in previous post: as the website isnt really known by people joining mmporg's rescently
:) :drink: :)

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
The graphics in DAOC are fine in pretty much all areas. Some of the old zones are still in need of some love and SI needs a bit of love.

I think people need to learn how to switch on some on the functions that there expensive graphic cards provide. As you are all aware DAOC doesn't provide inbuilt options for Anstropic Filtering and Anti Aliasing. So go into your graphic card options and switch them on for DAOC.

It really really makes a difference. The textures sharpen up and maintain their definition as they retreat into the distance (mipmapping). You will also lose your jaggies (if your card can support it try 8AS 2/4 AF). DAOC tends to be abit flakey when both options are on and you are alt tabbing between 2 clients on the same PC. If you want to see the difference. Look at the stairs and floor of the character selection screen.

When I run DAOC, it tends to hover around 40 / 60% of cpu speed per client per core on my home machine.

Alot of games like hl2, doom3, wow, automatically allocate AS/AF when the game is installed, so you are hardly comparing like with like.

Resource wise DAOC is perfectly fine.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
SkarIronfist said:
The graphics in DAOC are fine in pretty much all areas. Some of the old zones are still in need of some love and SI needs a bit of love.

I think people need to learn how to switch on some on the functions that there expensive graphic cards provide. As you are all aware DAOC doesn't provide inbuilt options for Anstropic Filtering and Anti Aliasing. So go into your graphic card options and switch them on for DAOC.

It really really makes a difference. The textures sharpen up and maintain their definition as they retreat into the distance (mipmapping). You will also lose your jaggies (if your card can support it try 8AS 2/4 AF). DAOC tends to be abit flakey when both options are on and you are alt tabbing between 2 clients on the same PC. If you want to see the difference. Look at the stairs and floor of the character selection screen.

When I run DAOC, it tends to hover around 40 / 60% of cpu speed per client per core on my home machine.

Alot of games like hl2, doom3, wow, automatically allocate AS/AF when the game is installed, so you are hardly comparing like with like.

Resource wise DAOC is perfectly fine.
rep for you :)
didn't know that

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
In Nvidia (Not sure about ATI, but sure there is one).

You can specify that games, both Direct X and OpenGL, can run with level of Antistropic Filtering and Anti Aliasing.

So you go and say for all Direct X games, that they run with (For instance 8x Anti Aliasing and 4x Antrospic Filtering). This is what I run when I only need to run one account on my PC.

With the Nvidia drivers you can actually be more specific, and indicate the Game and specify exactly what you require for particular game.

I have seen on an Alienware machine, a very long list of specific settings for various games including the SLI settings and AS/AF, as well.

Hope that helps. I am sure you get the drift. Let me know if you notice the difference.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
i run 2 times DR client on my old typemachine! : 486 xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom