This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DAoc Qbar Settings Switcher

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wazkyr, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Wazkyr

Wazkyr One of Freddy's beloved

I just wanted to make a little advertisement for this great program.
    It will allow you to backup qbars/resolutions and much more (read the page for full info) within a neat and easy program. This is very handy if you respec alot.

Download it here: Settings Switcher

BUT
    To use it on the EU servers you will have to do a little trick as it is made for Ywain.

I asked Roland who makes the program, and he sent me this mail:

So basicly all you have to do:

1) Install the program, doh

2) Go to the folder with your ini files:

XP: c:\documents and settings\(current user)\application data\Electronic Arts\Dark age of Camelot\LoTM\
    Windows 7: C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Roaming\Electronic Arts\Dark Age of Camelot\LotM

3) Find the file named yourcharname.ini-xx, where "xx" is a number, note the number

4) Go to the folder where you installed the program and open "servers.ini" with notepad

5) On a seperate line, add in your own servername-xx, where xx is the number from before. Do NOT use a capital letter at first, it wont work then.

6) Open the program, your server is now on the list and your ready to use it.

All credits goes to Roland for this awesome program.
    Thanks

Wazkyr

2. rols

rols Guest

Program Update

I've released an update to this program. You can get it from the same link as the first post.

I thought I'd post here to let anyone know who is planning on applying the euro fix mentioned above, that the data files (incl. servers.dat) are now located in the user's Application Data folder.

XP: c:\documents and settings\(current user)\application data\DAoC Settings Switcher
    Windows 7: C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Roaming\DAoC Settings Switcher

So if you install the new update, you will have to modify again your servers.dat file within that new directory instead of the program directory. Do this before running the restoration tool to re-populate your character list.

This update is for some Windows 7 and Vista users who have had the program crash on startup. The crash was due to invalid permissions to read/write to the program directory.

- Roland.

3. eble

eble Fledgling Freddie

great work mate, will save a lot of heartache when doing lots of changes.