DAoc Qbar Settings Switcher

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
I just wanted to make a little advertisement for this great program.
It will allow you to backup qbars/resolutions and much more (read the page for full info) within a neat and easy program. This is very handy if you respec alot.

Download it here: Settings Switcher

BUT
To use it on the EU servers you will have to do a little trick as it is made for Ywain.

I asked Roland who makes the program, and he sent me this mail:

You should be able to set up the program to support the European servers.

I don't have it built in because I don't know the corresponding server numbers. In the folder that stores all the ini files that have your quickbars and settings in them, you'll see the files are named "Playername-##.ini" .. the ## is the server number.

My program installs a file called servers.dat, in program files\cloudwisp\daoc settings switcher\

This file is plain text, and contains pairings of serverName-number

Find out the server number:

if you're using XP go to -- c:\documents and settings\[current user]\application data\Electronic Arts\Dark age of Camelot\LoTM\

sort the folder by date modified, And your most recently updated characters should be at the bottom. Take note of the number.

Next step:
Go to the servers.dat file in the Settings Switcher program directory and choose open with: notepad. And add your server. Servername-##

Save the file and launch the Settings Switcher, and you should see your server in the list.

So basicly all you have to do:

1) Install the program, doh

2) Go to the folder with your ini files:

XP: c:\documents and settings\(current user)\application data\Electronic Arts\Dark age of Camelot\LoTM\
Windows 7: C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Roaming\Electronic Arts\Dark Age of Camelot\LotM

3) Find the file named yourcharname.ini-xx, where "xx" is a number, note the number

4) Go to the folder where you installed the program and open "servers.ini" with notepad

5) On a seperate line, add in your own servername-xx, where xx is the number from before. Do NOT use a capital letter at first, it wont work then.

6) Open the program, your server is now on the list and your ready to use it.

All credits goes to Roland for this awesome program.
Thanks

Wazkyr

R

rols

Program Update

I've released an update to this program. You can get it from the same link as the first post.

I thought I'd post here to let anyone know who is planning on applying the euro fix mentioned above, that the data files (incl. servers.dat) are now located in the user's Application Data folder.

XP: c:\documents and settings\(current user)\application data\DAoC Settings Switcher
Windows 7: C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Roaming\DAoC Settings Switcher

So if you install the new update, you will have to modify again your servers.dat file within that new directory instead of the program directory. Do this before running the restoration tool to re-populate your character list.

This update is for some Windows 7 and Vista users who have had the program crash on startup. The crash was due to invalid permissions to read/write to the program directory.

- Roland.

eble

Fledgling Freddie
great work mate, will save a lot of heartache when doing lots of changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom