DAoC Origins Website - Signup

Slitzzz

Fledgling Freddie
Bah!!!! More forums .. i think im member in like 15 formus now:(

Hey Amp!! Shadow duo?? :cheers:

- English -

Resident Freddy
ill decide depending on when they are going to release some information on it. Not building my hopes up atm

Himse

FH is my second home
Im rolling wherever English doesn't play.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I am going to roll Hib, power game to 50 in a week and get my equipment within the next week! then I am going to rush off to emain! there i will find its the same old shit as before with zergs and addlings, travel back in time and tell myself not to bother!

sec, door.

There we go! i just told myself not to bother. besides, I wouldn't piss on GOA if they were on fire, let alone give them any more subs.

lovelyone

Fledgling Freddie
well ill make a alb scout and pally again back to remaking my old pally finally

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
New forum appears empty?

Damn this delay, I am going to be super busy again soon probably!

Z.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Maybe it's time to roll a fire wiz and show ppl that it ain't crap :p

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I went on the forum and noticed people whining about buff bots...I was under the impression there were buff npc's so that you did not need to dual log etc

I went on the forum and noticed people whining about buff bots...I was under the impression there were buff npc's so that you did not need to dual log etc

Nobody knows what that server is gonna have and not have. They tell us nothing and most probably they will never release it.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Nobody knows what that server is gonna have and not have. They tell us nothing and most probably they will never release it.

Keep giving us your pennies while we throw you little scraps that hold your interest.

Look here's some shiny's it may be pure vapour-ware but surely you want to keep paying us just in case???

The worst of it all is that the group vs group part of DAoC hasn't been beaten by any MMO that I've seen for a long while & so I keep the faith (though my accounts are shut I keep coming back in the vain hope).

Keep giving us your pennies while we throw you little scraps that hold your interest.

Look here's some shiny's it may be pure vapour-ware but surely you want to keep paying us just in case???

The worst of it all is that the group vs group part of DAoC hasn't been beaten by any MMO that I've seen for a long while & so I keep the faith (though my accounts are shut I keep coming back in the vain hope).

Yah thats the worst part. DAoC gameplay is still superior to all other shite games thats out, included WAR.. TBH now after the NDA lift I honestly think WAR is a real shite piece of crap wannabe daoc+wow game yet is not superior in gameplay to any of the games. Just took the somewhat decent part of each game and then made a semi decent mix for the mainstream mmo kid. The graphics are poor aswell. Would rather see DAoC type of graphics but re-rendered in shader 4.0 and opengl 3.0 with a physX support would rape WAR.

Seriously they could easily have hold on to the DAoC game and just kept developing it, I mean just b/c you go back on some changes doesn't mean it is a failure if it is by popular demand and actually turns out better, then it simply is better. I mean regardless of how much MMO and roleplay content a game has it will be poor if it fails to deliver an engame competative X vs X style. AoC idea of that fails, WAR minigames fail just as bad as WoW and AoC minigames, and WoW FFA PvP fails+1 aswell.

Only good PvP and GvG/Zerg vs Zerg was found in DAoC OF. Now perhaps the 8v8 is better in agramon, I personally don't think it was since I like the mixture between 8 man vs zerg and 8 man vs 8 man, and adds during fights wich you did have in OF.

Think I'll find myself a nice FPS game instead, with imba graphics and some sort of character development within the Multiplayer game, MMOs this years are just fail :D

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Hey Sneak! :>

I agree somewhat on what you are saying but to be fairly honest we haven't yet seen how WAR RvR (GvG/Zerg) will evolve and turn out.

I'm for one is still hoping!

Hey Sneak! :>

I agree somewhat on what you are saying but to be fairly honest we haven't yet seen how WAR RvR (GvG/Zerg) will evolve and turn out.

I'm for one is still hoping!

Givf FPS mmo in a modern combat scenary :d.. In other words givf that EA made Battlefield spinnoff game to PC :p

/edit

Oh its called Bad Company, not an MMo though qq

Toel

Loyal Freddie
New forum appears empty?

Damn this delay, I am going to be super busy again soon probably!

Z.

And I'll try to do my part. :)

Hopefully I'll have the chance to give this one a shot, currently in the process of re-installing one my DAoC copies, once I figure out how to make a US account that is. :-/

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Would rather see DAoC type of graphics but re-rendered in shader 4.0 and opengl 3.0 with a physX support would rape WAR.

OpenGL should be called OpenGL 2.2, SM 4.0 is bound to Vista and DirectX 10, with DirectX 11 on the horizon.

PhysX in a MMOG, would have to limit the amount of PhysX-enabled objects, but could be funny if the players would be PhysX-objects too.

OpenGL should be called OpenGL 2.2, SM 4.0 is bound to Vista and DirectX 10, with DirectX 11 on the horizon.

PhysX in a MMOG, would have to limit the amount of PhysX-enabled objects, but could be funny if the players would be PhysX-objects too.

Well dx11 will arrive when it arrives. No point talking about things that comes in 1-2 years, by then dx12 will be on the "horizon" aswell :p

Anyway, SM 4.0 is for vista but so is dx10 and dx11 will probably be for new windows, so nothing new there really, Xplorer is crap OS anyway :D

Physx would probably be used on trees, grass, cloths, and in games like conan would be used to show bruises, and impacts on armor. That is the future, and thats what should be in WAR and not that cwap 5 yo graphics they have in it now :\

Imagine dents in ur armor as you get hit, thats what physx can do :D

/edit

Also SLI n stuff is more common now, so players can have a dedicated physx card with the main card doing everything else, think thats the idea anyway.

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Well dx11 will arrive when it arrives. No point talking about things that comes in 1-2 years, by then dx12 will be on the "horizon" aswell :p

Anyway, SM 4.0 is for vista but so is dx10 and dx11 will probably be for new windows, so nothing new there really, Xplorer is crap OS anyway :D

Physx would probably be used on trees, grass, cloths, and in games like conan would be used to show bruises, and impacts on armor. That is the future, and thats what should be in WAR and not that cwap 5 yo graphics they have in it now :\

Imagine dents in ur armor as you get hit, thats what physx can do :D

/edit

Also SLI n stuff is more common now, so players can have a dedicated physx card with the main card doing everything else, think thats the idea anyway.

But noone is going to make a game with such high graphic demands, especially for a mmo when they want it to appeal for a mass market.

Not everyone can spend a gazillion pounds on a state of the art gaming setup, just so that they can see bruises on their face.

Daoc was proof you dont need high end graphics for a game to be truly remarkable. Out of all the clients i still preferred Toa as the graphics were more than adequate and still was the best rvr client this side of SI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom