DAoC Origins-questions

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Agreed, i'd be more then happy playing that and would re-sub. :england:

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
I'm a bit worried about how the valk will turn out as well, but i'm even more worried about the pally.
They gave valks to mid, because the other 2 realms had 3 healing classes each, or so they said. They also wanted each realm to have the same number of classes.
Maybe it was after they realized that alb only had 2 healing classes, that they decided the paladin should be alb's 3rd healer. Will be interresting with a platewearing class with celerity and heals. :p
They said they would look closely at the valk and balance it properly, but we all know how well they succeed at those things.

They will also remove thurgs, but i don't mind that. :p

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Relying on Mythic to balance the game is about as promising as relying on Gordan Brown to fix the economy alas.

Personally I find the removal of Theurgists as rather sad, I liked the class and thought it was a more distinctive spellcaster then the usual cookie-cutter style of spellcasters. I can only assume they will add PBT to Wizards instead.

On hindsight though it may be a good thing, part of albions problem originally was having abilities spread to thinly across the classes.

But frankly I have little hope for it myself, specially after they have just screwed up the polearm style line from release to finish, going from stupidly crap to a good line, back down to underpowered again up to overpowered and finally back down to useless again.
Not bad for 5 years work, so I can't see how they can possibly hope to balance this.

tSeL^

Fledgling Freddie
Should i follow the path of truth and light or the path of darkness ?It`s like the Yin Yang.
pfff so much thinking....
Origin server`s .....
hmmm . . .

DRAGONFANG._! LEWL

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
If warhammer flops (a big IF, I doubt it very much) I am also going to roll on the origins server.

And agree with everybody else here; ToA killed DAoC, totally and utterly devastating.

I was semi-hardcore player, but did not have a hardcore guild...

Never got any character ToA'd
Never even got any character ML'ed (never seen the high ML areas except on Freeshards and videos)

I ended up being in a situation in which quitting seemed the only option, and I love DAoC... then I found myself doing something I had always frowned upon and hated that others did.. I bought a ToA'd ML10 char of Ebay. Basicly it was that or quitting the game at that point.

Don't get me wrong, ToA didn't ruin the game completely; Once I was on a ToA'd character, RvR was totally fun again.
Just a shame one had to go buy a character of Ebay to enjoy a game, specially seeing how I wasn't even casual about it, I played 5-6 hours a day every day of the week, still, ToA was not doable for me.

Everz

FH is my second home
If they offer WAR/DAoC together as one subscription that would be perfect.

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
If warhammer flops (a big IF, I doubt it very much) I am also going to roll on the origins server.

And agree with everybody else here; ToA killed DAoC, totally and utterly devastating.

I was semi-hardcore player, but did not have a hardcore guild...

Never got any character ToA'd
Never even got any character ML'ed (never seen the high ML areas except on Freeshards and videos)

I ended up being in a situation in which quitting seemed the only option, and I love DAoC... then I found myself doing something I had always frowned upon and hated that others did.. I bought a ToA'd ML10 char of Ebay. Basicly it was that or quitting the game at that point.

Don't get me wrong, ToA didn't ruin the game completely; Once I was on a ToA'd character, RvR was totally fun again.
Just a shame one had to go buy a character of Ebay to enjoy a game, specially seeing how I wasn't even casual about it, I played 5-6 hours a day every day of the week, still, ToA was not doable for me.

buying a character on ebay just for the ml's is the only thing you should be ashamed of ... if quiting was the only way for you either than doing the masterlevels then just LoL...

Everz

FH is my second home
buying a character on ebay just for the ml's is the only thing you should be ashamed of ... if quiting was the only way for you either than doing the masterlevels then just LoL...

Early ToA ML's would take up to 4-5hrs a time.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I don't condone and would never ebay a character myself.

However before people are quick to judge those that did i'd like to point out that the early ToA patches drove a great many to quit in dispair.

Back then the majority of encounters were bugged, had to be completed in set orders and frequently would not give credit to everyone involved. The frustration was unbearable for many.

Of cause after several months things improved slightly as some of the more stupid bugs were fixed and alot of the restrictions on order completions were removed but by then it was to late for many.

If I did not love RvR so much i'd of quit as well, and then they brought out New Frontiers and fucked that one up too !

Thimble

Fledgling Freddie
I went through the same problems with ToA. I was still in my Sorc's epic set while others were building up Artifact gear. I played (at the time) close to 10 hours or more a day. Hell a good run in RvR would last from 7pm to 10am if we were trying to save a keep. In the end I got my Sorc templated with all his ToA gear but DR was nearly out by then. Luckily I "aquired" an ML10/ToA templated Avalonian paladin and BB accounts that kept me in the game. Played them for a long long time before rerolling on classic Glastonbury. But then the server went german...I couldn't read my own name nor find a trainer :(

Thadius

Part of the furniture
TOA was a pain in the arse for many.

A lot of my friends who played DAOC were after the insta rvr/counter strike mode of playing. That is, get to rvr level asap and play.

In the end, they got pissed off and stuck to thid for a few months, as Thidranki was the only play you could more or less insta rvr, without all the crap that goes with level 50(cl, ml, template etc)

Xanthea

Fledgling Freddie
I think there are some posts what you can expekt from the server, but from point i dont care really 2001/2002 date set is OK for me emain,odins no fakking mambo jambo CL's etc oh will kick ass i think.

Good is there be only 1 server as i understand it this far, i know ALOT of EU ppl heading to the server once it is up, and overall all we need is 2-3k prime to have one huge zergfest....

Gah i cant wait for it...all bullshit ToA brought to game etc goosh...But atleast they DO understand they totally screwedup on ToA,cata expansions and there for correct it with server "origins"

If you be playing WaR or going orgins way up to you....ill be picking nr 2 and will hopefully see you there

toxii

Can't get enough of FH
guess you lot keep forgetting x mg camping , stealther groups running on stick near mgs and choke points, OP "event weapons" that wouldn't disappear after event and dude would come forward 6 months later and 2-shot everything in rvr zone, etc, etc, etc.

believe it or not, game evolved with toa cata etc, still, as hard as it were with toa items and stuff, still people kept on playing afterwards, and im not talking about randoms here, talking about average+ players

saying that you could start playing from scratch in a bling-blingless server might actually prove a good idea, but remember one thing, game for dyvet players wasn't ruined by expansions, but by the community that went from bad to worse in a very short time.

ps : wasnt glastonbury and the rest of classic servers blingblingless also? remember what happened to them :p

edit : what happened to my old rank? :(

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
guess you lot keep forgetting x mg camping , stealther groups running on stick near mgs and choke points, OP "event weapons" that wouldn't disappear after event and dude would come forward 6 months later and 2-shot everything in rvr zone, etc, etc, etc.

believe it or not, game evolved with toa cata etc, still, as hard as it were with toa items and stuff, still people kept on playing afterwards, and im not talking about randoms here, talking about average+ players

saying that you could start playing from scratch in a bling-blingless server might actually prove a good idea, but remember one thing, game for dyvet players wasn't ruined by expansions, but by the community that went from bad to worse in a very short time.

ps : wasnt glastonbury and the rest of classic servers blingblingless also? remember what happened to them :p

edit : what happened to my old rank? :(

Absolutly true imho. In fact i believe some comments that were throwed where correct, that FH did more damage to Dyvet then TOA, just look at german servers...no FH and they still have high pop.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
There are german boards aswell for daoc. I've been there. Didn't understand shit so I left again.

Xanthea

Fledgling Freddie
I have seen some video from the origins server, just have to say it looks so damn cool, Brings back alot of memorys...there wont be the same choke points at milegates however cause they are changed.

I think that mythic has really got it this time, last time we asked for classic server we got crap tbh, But for now and from what i read and seen on video i LOVE IT.removeing the theurg class however i dont really get but guess we see how they solve that in the end.

I belive once server is up, ppl defending WaR and its gameplay got bored Them and old players will return there will be full action on origins server.

Just look at the so called classic servers, what bullshit it was NO classic only ToA trash server in disquise. uhm let me think.

Melee speed
Style dmg
casting speed
101 cap instead of the orginal
archery speed / later reverted to casting speed.

ect etc all but straight out artifacts was about missing.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Not to stick the oar in but it was my understanding that Mythic never released them as 'Classic' servers, they were just 'alternate ruleset' servers. Players are the ones that named them Classic & then got hacked off because they weren't.

Ohh, & the US have the VN boards which make FH look pretty tame. No idea what was said on the other EU boards but if their IRC channel was anything to go by then it was pretty much the same as what went on on Pryd/Excal.

The one difference that Dyvet had was the intolerance from the majority of the population for anyone playing the game in a way that didn't fit in with their view.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
I didnt say they didnt have forums, they just didnt have the hate-filled forum that was FH not so long :D

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
oh FH is still hate filled, it's just less busy due to the daoc population decline :england:

Origins sound ok apart from the modern style system, they fucked up my favourite polearm line so much I just CBA to even get pissed off with it anymore. But it's good they are taking a fresh look at RvR.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
I didnt say they didnt have forums, they just didnt have the hate-filled forum that was FH not so long :D

Have you read some of those VN threads??? They may not have gone in for 'my playstyle is right & yours is wrong' threads but they made up for it in some many other ways. The majority of FH posters seem to be intelligent, sane & rational compared to reading stuff on there.

That said - bring back BarrysWhine!!

toxii

Can't get enough of FH
Have you read some of those VN threads??? They may not have gone in for 'my playstyle is right & yours is wrong' threads but they made up for it in some many other ways. The majority of FH posters seem to be intelligent, sane & rational compared to reading stuff on there.

That said - bring back BarrysWhine!!

intelligent arguments vs zerobrainers like CM didnt actually help, did it?

intelligent people left dyvet etc, whereas its beavis vs butthead on VNboards, 0 iq arguments and so on, they dont have any other choise than playing daoc xD

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
intelligent arguments vs zerobrainers like CM didnt actually help, did it?

intelligent people left dyvet etc, whereas its beavis vs butthead on VNboards, 0 iq arguments and so on, they dont have any other choise than playing daoc xD

Im sorry but in my book that dosent make intelligent ppl but quiters.

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
I'm intelligent and I post on here...

3 + 1 = 93 :) see i rox

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom