DAOC Love Story

Reika

Fledgling Freddie
Twenty year old college sophomore John Harrison suffered a terrible shock over the weekend when he discovered that his long-time cyber girlfriend was actually a male in disguise. His girlfriend, who plays under the guise of Chelxai the level forty-six cleric on the Guinevere roleplaying server in Dark Age of Camelot, couldn't be reached for comment as of press time.

The two first met ten months ago when Harrison joined the Knights of the Round guild that was accepting mid-level players at the time. Chelxai was one of the founding members of the guild, and a close friend of some of the officers. The two quickly became friends while leveling together in the Tomb of Mithra, and they were soon spending long hours grouping with one another exclusively and not paying attention to the guild chat. Rumors quickly spread through the guild ranks of the budding romance, though early reports indicate that Harrison wasn't aware of the massive wang his girlfriend sported at any time during the courtship.

The relationship hit a snag at the five-month mark when Chelxai informed the guild that she might have to leave the game permanently because she lost her job at Hooter's, but Harrison valiently stepped forward and offered to pay for her main and bot account until she could get back on her feet. It was later established that Chelxai's parents had cut him off in an effort to get him off of the computer long enough to go and search for a real job.

The revelation that Chelxai was actually a guy has caused a rift in the guild. A survey of the guild showed that everyone but the officers of had engaged in a textual relations with Chelxai in the fear since the guild's founding. Further scandal erupted when an unnamed source amongst the officers hinted that the higher ranking officers were aware of the entire charade since the guild was founded and thought the whole situation was hilarious. Guild infighting quickly spilled over to public message boards, compounding Harrison's mortification to impossibly high levels.

The clever ruse also caused some stir amongst the general male population of the server. Pictures of Chelxai had been making the rounds on server message boards, and he managed to gather a large following of fanboys before it was revealed that the object of their desire was actually a twenty seven year old junior college dropout who still lived with his parents and had recently been fired from the local Burger King after a minor scandal involving the deep frier and a family of mice that had moved into another part of the store.

Anonymous sources who knew about the masquerade were surprised that it went on for so long. Voice chat nearly brought the whole charade crashing down, but Chelxai cleverly sidestepped the issue for months by claiming that he couldn't afford a microphone. The issue was further complicated when Harrison Mailed him a webcam and Plantronics headset, but managed to escape detection yet again by claiming the hardware wasn't compatible with MacOS. Harrison's sheer stupidity played a large role in that dupe, as he never stopped to think that Dark Age can only be played on a PC.

The entire affair finally came crashing down when several players started noticing a pattern in misstells that seemed suspicious. Suspicion mounted for several months, but the final proof came when the picture that had been circulating was discovered on the popular teen internet rating site Face The Jury under a screen name registered to a girl with a different name, screen name, and location.

Neither Harrison or Chelxai have been seen on Guinevere since the story broke. Players speculate that they might have seen the last of the couple on Guinevere. Chelxai has been elevated to the highest pariah status anyone can achieve in the game’s social hierarchy, and Harrison will forever be labeled as the guy that was dating another guy without knowing it.

Suitmonster was able to track down Harrison’s e-mail and finally received a response after several inquiries. He declined an interview, but did issue a public statement:

“I just think this whole fake girl thing was messed up. I’m getting away from Dark Age and focusing on my wrestling for now.”

Suitmonster will continue to bring you any new developments in this story as they become available.

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
very well written and really fun to read! :D

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I pretended to be a female in Planetarion on one of my planets, got me into the best alliance and I came 8th of 25000 players in one round. You'd be surprised what people do for a cutnpaste pic of some totty in a bikini...

At weekends my name is Sandra..

Mey

Part of the furniture
Anyone remeber that one where they lured the guy into having cyber sex and took loads of screenshots etc..

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Anyone remeber that one where they lured the guy into having cyber sex and took loads of screenshots etc..

Yep, I particular remember the flames from him and how it ruined his life by losing his then current rl gf. LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom