DAOC is GREEN!

SeeN

Fledgling Freddie
My DAOC constantly has an ugly greenish color no matter where I am in game. It is like some dark green overlayer has been put over the screen every time I enter the game. When I try to alt-tab out to desktop, the green "overlayer" is there for a second, and then vanishes, only to come back as soon as I alt-tab back to DAOC.

My PC doesnt do this in any other game or application.

Anyone have a solution for this, because it is very ugly.

Pls help!

SeeN

Fledgling Freddie
Funny thing is that when I log into game, gfx are ok for about 1 second, and then everything get this green color layer. If I go back to menu to change char, even the menu has the green color. And the longer I play, the more green it gets.

Thorarin

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds very very weird.. Honestly I don't know what to make of it, so I can only recommend the usual "get the latest drivers"..

plomien

Fledgling Freddie
i say get the latest drivers but it may be a problem with your gfx card or monitor.

what type is it?

also try turning down the the refresh rate on the monitor

Novo

Fledgling Freddie
Pot, Puff, Ganj, Hast, Spliff, Joint, Skunk, Weed, Whacky Baccy, Call it what you want... but dont call it legal!... such a shit advert...

smoking and playing daoc is so much fun, why give up?

Serbitar

Fledgling Freddie
Novo said:
Pot, Puff, Ganj, Hast, Spliff, Joint, Skunk, Weed, Whacky Baccy, Call it what you want... but dont call it legal!... such a shit advert...

can you believe they spent >£1m on that?

I mean really. They coulda spent that money on importing more dope... oh... nm

Blondy

Fledgling Freddie
Novo said:

And your the expert smoker :flame: ? ;)

get newest drivers or possibly change some of the options in ...options... in the game

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
SeeN said:
My DAOC constantly has an ugly greenish color no matter where I am in game. It is like some dark green overlayer has been put over the screen every time I enter the game. When I try to alt-tab out to desktop, the green "overlayer" is there for a second, and then vanishes, only to come back as soon as I alt-tab back to DAOC.

My PC doesnt do this in any other game or application.

Anyone have a solution for this, because it is very ugly.

Pls help!
Sounds like too much time spent in Emain to me. Seeing all that grass gets to you.

Latest drivers and when posting a lil more info about your PC would be useful.

Darkzler

Fledgling Freddie
This happened to a friend of mine but that was his monitor that was screwing it up, i am not certain but you should try to play it with another monitor and if it works then you just have to buy a new one or borrow someones :touch:

Retrakith

Banned
I know how to stop it being green, no, really, I do!

Paint it another colour, red might be best.

Then make a thread saying its red.

Try pink?

Maybe blue?

Ok, yellow?

Woot? black?

Grey?

White?

SeeN

Fledgling Freddie
So many funny people, so little help...

Well, thanks to the few who made a decent reply.

My PC is a 2.4ghz Pentium4 on a ECS L4S8A2 with 512MB Kingston DDR RAM. Monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster 700NF

I have all the newest drivers, tried both Sapphire and ATI drivers. Motherboard BIOS is updated and I have all updates for WindowsXP.

As I said, there is no problem in any other games or applications, so I doubt it has anything to do with my monitor, still tried it with another monitor just for test, and it has same result.

SeeN

Fledgling Freddie
An interesting update:

I tried taking a screenshot so you could all see the problem, but when I take a screenshot, the green "overlayer" isnt there. Meaning that the screenshot doesnt have the ugly green color, although it was there in game.

So problem is definately some sort of problem for the graphics card in showing 3D images. Funny that games like Halflife doesnt have it though...

plastic

One of Freddy's beloved
Checked if you are using 16bit mode in your monitor option? I know that running DAoC in 32bit mode can mess up quite many things, so you could atleast give it a try.

remi

Fledgling Freddie
latest drivers works shit with daoc, try your default ones, ie those u got on a CD along with gfx card.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Those work even worse.

Do you have an ATI or a NVidia card?

Jay76

Fledgling Freddie
What you are seeing is called sync on green.. Your video card is sending a green signal to the monitor so it will sync the refresh rate. Your monitor is to lame to know what to do with the signal. If you have a nvidia card try turning off vsync or get the drivers for your monitor.

Hope this helps I know this thread is alittle late but better late then never.
JaY

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom