Daoc drug use survey

Have you ever doen any of the below listed options, answer with the "worst" possible

• I play daoc under no influence

Votes: 150 33.6%
  • I play daoc under the influence of sugar

Votes: 98 22.0%
  • I play daoc under the influence of caffeine

Votes: 151 33.9%
  • I play daoc under the influence of alcohol

Votes: 161 36.1%
  • I play daoc under the influence of marijuana

Votes: 67 15.0%
  • I play daoc under the influence of cocain / E / heroin / hard drugs

Votes: 51 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
fajjtiz said:
drug junkies can fuck off and die for all I care, but what annoys me is that I gotta keep em alive in variouse social projects (no, i can't get away from it by not paying taxes, and yea 'tis not that much money, but there's still enough to make me pissed off) :| imo just let em die, their decissions that've led them to their current location.

I'm no junkie but i have done stuff, are you better than me bacause you havent?

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Shaanor said:
That's of the best posts yet, not all are as fortunet as you, and so i broke my promis about last being my last post :p

:) i agree i have seen ppl fall away and i look at them and think so sad. I knew one guy that totally ruined his life which is a shame.

At the same time i watched others get degrees and not managers in teh city.

Like i say its not for everyone.

I dont anymore but a direct result is i am now a club promoter and doing well with it :)

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
fajjtiz said:
drug junkies can fuck off and die for all I care, but what annoys me is that I gotta keep em alive in variouse social projects (no, i can't get away from it by not paying taxes, and yea 'tis not that much money, but there's still enough to make me pissed off) :| imo just let em die, their decissions that've led them to their current location.

true for some, but those that havent got the right information and get led to use drugs fools thinking it's all good is sad, and thats why I still think they deserve a chance really.

And everyone has the right to make a mistake.

Karl

Fledgling Freddie
im pretty sure the latest info on cannabis states that it can cause mental illness in some people but have completly no effect on others (long term)

Its all to do with your DNA you see, there is even talk of doing tests on people in the future to state...

You should stay away form cannabis your are in danger.
You wont suffer any problems from cannabis use.

I personally do smoke cannabis on a regular bases... its my drug of choice, i dont drink, when i did... it was bad.. i dont like who i am when im drunk.

Its not for all people and if you ever do do drugs never dive straight in, i have experimented with hard drugs but im a person of strong will and really have no trouble saying no. The harder drugs were just a one of experience... im always up for trying something new.

Anyway i wouldnt advise that anyone start taking drugs of any sort... but if you enjoy it and dont abuse it... then its up to you.

fajjtiz

Fledgling Freddie
tris- said:
i do agree faj, anyone who has fucked their life from taking drugs made a bad decision and are weak.
they should be left to rot.
on the other hand, not everyone who takes drugs is like that. but some people just wont accept it.

I have (had) several friends that all started smoking cannabis / marijuana, few years later some of them were really hooked on the shit, lol, one even robbed a supermarket close my home and took one of my other friends sister as hostage, another friend commited suicide when he was high, another started beating up people and went to prison and some of them just became the regular crack-junkie you see at most places. Some of them gave up the shit, moved on, have good jobs etc now.

What I want to say with this post is that I can never justify drug abusing, don't mention coffee or sugar here please, not the same fucking thing, because IT DO hurt yourself and more important the people around you.

fajjtiz

Fledgling Freddie
Sparx said:
I'm no junkie but i have done stuff, are you better than me bacause you havent?

not saying I am, just saying Im one of the person that has to take care of shit you do when escaping reallity (not you in person, but more like people that are stoned etc)

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
maybe its cause i am strong willed and am always concious of what i am doing and others around me, even under any influence (apart from booze)

i have never done any criminal damage, i always knew my limits and always said no. i also had good ppl around me who didnt peer pressure each other and always made sure we are all ok.

Different circumstances affect different ppl

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
people who are stoned are more likely to sit around, laugh and not be able to move. the worst case scenarios usualy involve eating a ton of crisps or biscuits.

but people who are drunk, well we arnt talking about people in a drunk state are we? you can bet they are worse though (see how i am being a stereotypist there, like some fo you?).

but like someone said, not everyone is genetically able to handle drugs. but just because a few arnt you cannot label everyone else.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
discussions like this are good between users and non users if flames are kept out of it.

tris-

Sparx said:
discussions like this are good between users and non users if flames are kept out of it.

its easy to say that, but when others who share a different oppinion are automatically labeld idiots...

well there isnt much of a discussion anymore.

fajjtiz

Fledgling Freddie
further on, on the discussion wether you can justify drug abusing or not.

well in my oppinion you can't justify it by saying "I do wahtever 'tis my life", well tough shit! we ARE living in a socity, we are all dependant on eachother, maybe sounds like something brought from Marx's thought about how we should live. But we do actually live like that, we are actually all dependant on eachother. If you want to escape life for a brief moment and pay the price (yes you'll eventually pay the devils price) please do that somewhere else it can't hurt noone else than yourself. I'm just sick 'n tired of all the people saying "It's so boring, I need to escape! hey lets take E! probably will cheer things up!" How come some people can live without it and some not? I can only speak for myself, I'd never want to loose perspective of things, I want to be ready to kick God's arse when I get up there because of my shitty life. Just get a grip, life is too short to get stuck on some pink clouds smoking da shit :eek:

fajjtiz

Fledgling Freddie
tris- said:
but like someone said, not everyone is genetically able to handle drugs. but just because a few arnt you cannot label everyone else.

why not try to save the ones that candle handle it before they get stuck?

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
fajjtiz said:
further on, on the discussion wether you can justify drug abusing or not.

well in my oppinion you can't justify it by saying "I do wahtever 'tis my life", well tough shit! we ARE living in a socity, we are all dependant on eachother, maybe sounds like something brought from Marx's thought about how we should live. But we do actually live like that, we are actually all dependant on eachother. If you want to escape life for a brief moment and pay the price (yes you'll eventually pay the devils price) please do that somewhere else it can't hurt noone else than yourself. I'm just sick 'n tired of all the people saying "It's so boring, I need to escape! hey lets take E! probably will cheer things up!" How come some people can live without it and some not? I can only speak for myself, I'd never want to loose perspective of things, I want to be ready to kick God's arse when I get up there because of my shitty life. Just get a grip, life is too short to get stuck on some pink clouds smoking da shit :eek:

I hear what you are saying. I didnt do things to escape my shitty life, i done stuff to enhance different aspects of mine, and to try new and different things. Some of the greatest ppl in history dabbled, opium etc.

My life has always been ok, from being in the army to photography club promotion, i have had a pretty exciting life so far and i'm only 23. For me personally i dont want to be 50 and saying i wish i had more fun.

Your idea of fun may not be the same as mine, and good for you, so i wouldnt expect or make you do things that i enjoy. Life would be boring if we all done and enjoyed the same things

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Well I don't like to tell anyone that they are an Idiot tbh "or atleast acts like it", but if you actually think as you have posted Tris, well people can read for themselfs.

tris-

and tell me how you have percieved what i said then?
i dont see where i said anything that is out of the ordinary.
you automatically called everyone idiots before there was that many posts.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I don't know why I'm reading this anymore. Bored at work I guess. I'm shaking my head at some of the comments. It makes me sad because some people think they know everything. Like those 18-year old celebrities who write auto-biographies. They think they won't get addicted. Its only a bit of fun. Its hurting no one. I'll do what I want.

I was like that. I'll do what I want a fvuck the world. Was at a party. Couple of fellas were doing coke on a record player. I was curious. What could one do ? Took my first line. That developped into a half-gramme a weekend thing. Then it was a gramme a weekend. Eventually it was a henry a day.

That's history now. I'm married, got kids, got a good job that pays great. I go to the gym. I drink water and eat fruit and veg ! Hehe lol 5 years ago I probably would have tried to smoke a carrot if you passed one to me. I dont smoke. I've been clean for over 5 years.

I'm lucky. I hope none of you go through what I did. Class-A ain't cool.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Lamp said:
I don't know why I'm reading this anymore. Bored at work I guess. I'm shaking my head at some of the comments. It makes me sad because some people think they know everything. Like those 18-year old celebrities who write auto-biographies. They think they won't get addicted. Its only a bit of fun. Its hurting no one. I'll do what I want.

I was like that. I'll do what I want a fvuck the world. Was at a party. Couple of fellas were doing coke on a record player. I was curious. What could one do ? Took my first line. That developped into a half-gramme a weekend thing. Then it was a gramme a weekend. Eventually it was a henry a day.

That's history now. I'm married, got kids, got a good job that pays great. I go to the gym. I drink water and eat fruit and veg ! Hehe lol 5 years ago I probably would have tried to smoke a carrot if you passed one to me. I dont smoke. I've been clean for over 5 years.

My point exactly different for different ppl, i was lucky that me or any of my close mates had any problems we done everything in moderation.

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
tris- said:
and tell me how you have percieved what i said then?
i dont see where i said anything that is out of the ordinary.
you automatically called everyone idiots before there was that many posts.

I did, including myself for being dumb enough to use any drugs.
I have already posted what I think of what you have said in my earlier posts, there aint nothing more to say.

Beovulf

Fledgling Freddie
Phuzzy said:
Look at the poll IMO. Sugar is option 2.
& yes, sugar is a drug. It's highly addictive, disrupts vital body functions, & kills vast numbers of people. Or how would you like to define drugs?

Dunno about you but i'd define drugs such as the ones were talking about in this thread as, a chemical substance, such as a narcotic or hallucinogen, that affects the central nervous system, causing changes in behavior and often addiction. Have you ever heard of 16 year old having their stomach pumped over a sugar overdose??? :drink: or teenagers dying as a result of poping up a sugar cube?

I really dont know how you can compare ecstacy to sugar :eek6: I've smoked weed before but always had the common sense to go no further, and i no longer do it. And ive seen what harder drugs such as heroin and coke do to families. The people i do know who still smoke weed are friends but expose their kids to it, which is wrong.

Dont know where im really going with this post except that you cant possibly say sugar is on the same level as ecstacy. If you wanna do drugs then do them, just dont expect others to see it from your view point and the same goes vice versa.

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
Ezteq said:
tbh anyone who remembers me in game should have horrific recollections of me logging on and going "weeeeeeeeeee im pisssde woh wantsto grop?" i swear after playing for a few months by blood alcohol level was 48% wine 2% beer 50% tequila, i got bitten by a mosquito one night and the little bastard fell off and died hiccupping.

a drunken thergist is a nasty sight (lost count of the ammount of times i was caught having a conversation about the meaning of life with an air pet) and a pissed merc is just scarey.
I think I remember you drunken playing but may be mixing you up with a girl called Lovebunny who was drunk quite a lot, but anything was possilbe in those days grping with Smellysox and moomin and starting a DF diamond seal raid at like 8pm and still there half dead irl at 5am HAD to be on something :)
Btw I voted alcohol... but my option of alcohol/weed/kalms/nytol/coffee was'nt there I'm afraid :drink:
By the way kids drugs are bad mmmmm'ok!
Oh and how did this turn into a drugs discussion when the topic is about what influence you play DoaC on lol.
I think the bad idea was adding the class A drug option imo.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Beovulf said:
Dunno about you but i'd define drugs such as the ones were talking about in this thread as, a chemical substance, such as a narcotic or hallucinogen, that affects the central nervous system, causing changes in behavior and often addiction. Have you ever heard of 16 year old having their stomach pumped over a sugar overdose??? :drink: or teenagers dying as a result of poping up a sugar cube?

I really dont know how you can compare ecstacy to sugar :eek6: I've smoked weed before but always had the common sense to go no further, and i no longer do it. And ive seen what harder drugs such as heroin and coke do to families. The people i do know who still smoke weed are friends but expose their kids to it, which is wrong.

Dont know where im really going with this post except that you cant possibly say sugar is on the same level as ecstacy. If you wanna do drugs then do them, just dont expect others to see it from your view point and the same goes vice versa.

i agree with you, i may be a hyprocrite but i wont be letting my kids do anything or exposing them to anything like that.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I used to know someone who thought he knew it all. He said it was only a weekend thing and could give it up anytime. After all, he played football and was generally active. Thats what he thought until he had a stroke. He was only 21. Now my friend's dead. Somehow drugs don't seem so cool.

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Lamp said:
I used to know someone who thought he knew it all. He said it was only a weekend thing and could give it up anytime. After all, he played football and was generally active. Thats what he thought until he had a stroke. He was only 21. Now my friend's dead. Somehow drugs don't seem so cool.

Something like that is bound to make you think twice, not like anyone thinks something like that will happen to you at that age.

Is really sad, and things like this that makes you get annoyed when people talk for drugs, says whatever drug aint that bad, or something like that.

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Lamp said:

being an old fart myself i can kinda relate to this. I never did hard drug because i can't control it (hell, i can't even control computer games). As a "kid" i smoked a lot of weed, and by a lot i mean 5 grams a day. I somehow managed to finish university and got a job and decreased on smoking till i was free (for 5 years now).

Drugs ain't cool. I have seen to many people end as a nutcase junk with no teeth. I've seen dudes capable of doing University with as much effort as pissing end up cleaning offices for 6€ an hour. You can't control hard drugs and by the time you realise that you fucked up somethig that can't be fixed.

bla bla bla

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Only got a few points to this discussion after reading though the posts
1) cannabis is not a class A drug, nor is it classified as a "hard drug". It is in fact a class B drug. And you cannot die from a Cannabis overdose, because cannabis is non-toxic.
But you can die from the results of smoking cannabis for example you may choke on your own vomit, or you smoke so much your heart stops long enough to cause permanent damage.
The drug may also not be pure, dealers often mix things in to sell more of what they buy aswell as mixing things in to add a "kick", if they put the wrong thing in you also may die

2) Cannabis can however be made into Cannabinol, this IS a class A or hard drug.
Cannabinol also >>>CAN<<< kill you, even the first time you take it, it CAN cause a overdose and it CAN cause permanent damage even after 1 hit

Gamah

Banned
Elrandhir said:
Why you Quoted Belomar I have no clue about, would think that it should have been aimed at me =P

Well if you don't care why do you then even make a post in the first place?

Well I havent got any more energy to waste on arguing with what seems to be Children, still it's rather insulting to say that as most Children are smarter then this.

You seem to have an ego complex..I quoted Belo because "Supprise" I was talking to belo. If you having an ego complex makes me a child then so be it. oO

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
You seem to have an ego complex..I quoted Belo because "Supprise" I was talking to belo. If you having an ego complex makes me a child then so be it. oO

keewl nice comment then to someone just having a link for show to a stupid post.

Because that was the only thing I have seen him done in here.
sounded rather strange that you would show such agro towards someone for having an opinion about a post, that I think he had right on, even though I don't really care myself.

S

Shazzbot

Chronictank said:
1) cannabis is not a class A drug, nor is it classified as a "hard drug". It is in fact a class B drug.

Im pretty sure that you'll find its now a class C drug. (UK)

You wont get arrested if your are carrying small amounts, however the police still can conviscate it if they like.

If your carrying more and are deemed to be dealing then thats very serious and you can get put away for five years.

No opinons expressed just trying to show all the facts

tris-

just to clear somethings up that chronic has said. we dont need more people being misinformed.

cannabis is class c
cannabis and all its extracts, resins etc are class c

cannabinol is as follows -

Cannabinol, also known as CBN, is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid found in the hemp plant Cannabis sativa. It is an oxidation product of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).

if you smoke cannabis in the sense we are talking about, you will always be inhaling cannabinol. it is responsible for the euphoric effect of the drug.

under the misuse of drugs act 1971, there is not a single chemical listed that is named cannabinol.
--
you see, this is where we are having problems. no disrespect to chronic, he thought he was right. we get people thinking they are right, when they are wrong. this causes no ends of shite with everyone.

again, no disrespect chronic. everyone makes mistakes :)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
tris- said:
just to clear somethings up that chronic has said. we dont need more people being misinformed.

cannabis is class c
cannabis and all its extracts, resins etc are class c

--snip--

you see, this is where we are having problems. no disrespect to chronic, he thought he was right. we get people thinking they are right, when they are wrong. this causes no ends of shite with everyone.

again, no disrespect chronic. everyone makes mistakes :)

(short version http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/law/countries/uk/uk_law_definitions.shtml)

http://www.parliament.uk/commons/lib/research said:
Class A Offences involving those in Class A attract the highest penalties – a maximum of
seven years and/or unlimited fine for possession; life and/or unlimited fine for production or
trafficking. A mandatory seven year sentence is now the penalty for a third conviction for
trafficking.10 This class includes the more potent of the opioid painkillers (heroin, morphine,
methadone11, dipipanone, pethidine), hallucinogens (eg LSD, ecstasy) and the stimulant
cocaine. It also includes liquid cannabis, cannabinol and cannabinol derivatives (THC).12
Any Class B drug prepared for injection counts as Class A.
Class B has lower penalties: a maximum of five years and/or unlimited fine for possession;
fourteen years and/or unlimited fine for production or trafficking. It includes herbal
cannabis, cannabis resin, less potent opioids (codeine, pentazocine), strong synthetic
stimulants (eg oral amphetamines), and sedatives (eg barbiturates).
Class C has the lowest penalties: a maximum of two years and/or unlimited fine for
possession; five years and/or unlimited fine for trafficking. It includes tranquillisers, some
less potent stimulants, and mild opioid analgesics (eg buprenorphine which is used in the
treatment of opioid dependency).
Duno, looked to be that injecting yourself with THC is counts as a Class A offence o_O

But point still stands, injecting that crap into your veins means there is a high probability you will die, at the end of the day for all you know you could be injecting anti-freeze directly into your blood stream
Smoking weed doesnt kill you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom