DAoC Crashing.

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
I've had this problem for.. about the past 3months (that i know of), I first ntoiced when I took myscuot from Castle Sauvage to HW, died, and released, now I was bound in Castle Sauvage, so basiclaly /release just put me right there, on pad.. no loading screen etc, hope that makes sense, next thing I remember, the pc starts freezing for about 8-10seconds at a time, then for abotu 2seconds on the same intervals I can move the mouse perfectly etc, this go's on until I restart the pc, I've even tried end tasking the game.dll, make no difference, obviousely by this time I've gone LD etc.. Now, this was overcome by binding in Goth, since it requires a loading screen. But in ToA.. the little geni guy we have who 'teleports' up to area in the same zone... well this has the same effect as the Castle Sauvage>Hw release episode, pc freezes etc, eventually having to reboot. This happens EVERYTIME without fail, nomatter whats running in backround. I'm also bound in toA so when I release IN ToA I crash when I appear stood up at my bind spot.

Hope this all makes sense, damn hard to explain.

1.8 Athlon XP
1gig DDR
Soundblaster Live! 5.1
Gforce3 Ti200

Got latest drivers and direct x 9 installed, I'm about to try latest drivers for sound card, but have used a few dif graphics ones so far.. I'll let you know if this works, in the mean time if anyone has any idea's please please please let me know.

Thanks.

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
Turned out to be the sound drivers, but this is here incase anybody else has same problem.

Jennar

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for posting!

The very same problem means that I haven't bound at Sauvage for months and months, as releasing to there gave me the same grief. Not come across this in ToA yet, but when I do, I'll know what the problem is :)

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
Heh, I guess, from just now, that the problem isnt fixed, seems to be back. yay. Any ideas?

DaggerElivager

Fledgling Freddie
hmm i seem to log on on my laptop and after a minute or so game freezes and an error comes up to do with game.dll or something and daoc crashes. Dunno if thats the same as you but its pissing me off :p

lefo

Fledgling Freddie
Pudzy said:
Heh, I guess, from just now, that the problem isnt fixed, seems to be back. yay. Any ideas?

Did you try updating motherboard drivers ? Or try all kinds of grafic drivers, if you have ATI, try Omega's.

Jimmae

One of Freddy's beloved
exactly the same problem, its really starting to f*** me off now

Shan

Fledgling Freddie
Live cards indeed do some freaky shit with games :p I don't understand why,

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
99% sure I'm fixed now, updated my network card drivers after following the link, thanks alot for that mate :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom